Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gregg Popovich tied Jerry Sloan's record of most career wins with one team, recording his 1,127th with the Spurs tonight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well deserved!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's a lot of ing wins.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well deserved!!!

That's a lot of ing wins.
    Amen!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's more of a political activist these days than a coach, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop jumped the shark a few years back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop jumped the shark a few years back.
    This.

Let's not pretend like if it wasn't Duncan he wouldn't have been fired back in the late 90s.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This.

Let's not pretend like if it wasn't Duncan he wouldn't have been fired back in the late 90s.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's amazing how a Spurs message board can have such a large population of people that don't appreciate Pop. We fans have enjoyed more success than any fan base in any sport over twenty years. Every fan on here should at least be able to give Pop some credit. The job he is doing this year is amazing, if the Spurs success was solely attributed to TD the Spurs would be more Laker than contender this season. I don't care about his political beliefs, I only care about his basketball beliefs. By every first hand account, Pop is an incredible human.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's amazing how a Spurs message board can have such a large population of people that don't appreciate Pop. We fans have enjoyed more success than any fan base in any sport over twenty years. Every fan on here should at least be able to give Pop some credit. The job he is doing this year is amazing, if the Spurs success was solely attributed to TD the Spurs would be more Laker than contender this season. I don't care about his political beliefs, I only care about his basketball beliefs. By every first hand account, Pop is an incredible human.
    I would say that he is doing an amazing coaching job with the Spurs currently in the number two seed in the west with the second best record in the NBA a season after losing one of the greatest players in NBA history.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Altho NBA players and coaches are overpaid mega en les, the job description is still unsettling for players including their families. Different city every week, even if they are pampered millionaires it's still a grind. In this respect I think Pop has done an A+ job of establishing and maintaining an atmosphere that helps players in their off court struggles. Which often helps on court.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good regular season coach.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sloan and Pop's teams have choked a lot of series away tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sloan and Pop's teams have choked a lot of series away tbh
    1 Championship in 9 years with Duncan, prefat Parker, GNob, Horry, Bowen Kwa etc is not impressive.
    But the longevity of Spurs is impressive.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Haha he answered questions that were asked of him and now he is doing more activism than coaching? Didn't know you were so privy to his schedule. Or did his responses just offend you? See that's the problem now a days. Everyone gets offended when someone says something they don't like.

Pop is the man, kiss the rings es.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duncan 99 , Duncan 03, Duncan/Manu 05, Lucky the Mavs went down to the dubs/NBA suspending Amare/diaw 07 and getting lucky ibaka was out in games 1 & 2 in14.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This.

Duncan 99 , Duncan 03, Duncan/Manu 05, Lucky the Mavs went down to the dubs/NBA suspending Amare/diaw 07 and getting lucky ibaka was out in games 1 & 2 in14.

And without Jordan/Pippen, Shaq/Kobe, and Kobe/Pau, Phil wouldn't have a single ring either. What's your point? That coaches need great players to win championships? No . Doesn't mean they aren't great coaches. Pop is widely considered the Greatest coach in the league for a reason.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    well yeah, it's a players league - did you expect Pop to go out there and play?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    well yeah, it's a players league - did you expect Pop to go out there and play?
    I expect the "greatest coach of all time" not to get owned by the likes of Avery Johnson and Scott Brooks

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Butthurt trump supporters bothered by a basketball coach getting into politics but proudly voted for a reality tv star

stick to basketball
    mah safe space

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop owns the record for most finals choked by taking out the star player in the final minute.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I expect the "greatest coach of all time" not to get owned by the likes of Avery Johnson and Scott Brooks
    Then refuse to answer any questions that dare question his coaching moves in the series.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Butthurt trump supporters bothered by a basketball coach getting into politics but proudly voted for a reality tv star

stick to basketball
    mah safe space

TGY to all y'all snowflakes

Thread Information