Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Warriors better hope Wiggins stops being a bum once he gets to play with Steph and Klay.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Highway robbery for the Dubs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Warriors rushed a trade for this? Lol

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Highway robbery for the Dubs.
    I don't like Wiggins at all... But they traded their third best guard... For a former #1 overall talent and a first and a second. Especially when you add the first they got from Brooklyn (iirc) they flipped KD who was leaving anyway, for two firsts a second and Overpaid and overrated Wiggins (but still talented) ... Not bad, all things considered... they could have lost KD for nada.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    trash for trash, minnys defense is going to be awful

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    trash for trash, minnys defense is going to be awful
    That is the part that stood out because Kat defense is mediocre driussis worse and they just traded covington and Wiggins who tho overrated were good to solid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well they just keep funneling talent to the big Market teams. I don't know why anyone is surprised by any of this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That is the part that stood out because Kat defense is mediocre driussis worse and they just traded covington and Wiggins who tho overrated were good to solid.
    Just traded Dieng too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    good move by the warriors to salvage the terrible move of acquiring D-Lo in the first place

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    good move by the warriors to salvage the terrible move of acquiring D-Lo in the first place
    I mean they only got him in the first place to use as a trade chip as opposed to getting nothing when Durant walked (crutched?) to Brooklyn.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Dat wiggins contract tho

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Going to be a bench player when the guns come back.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    T-Wolves got bent over.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't like Wiggins at all... But they traded their third best guard... For a former #1 overall talent and a first and a second. Especially when you add the first they got from Brooklyn (iirc) they flipped KD who was leaving anyway, for two firsts a second and Overpaid and overrated Wiggins (but still talented) ... Not bad, all things considered... they could have lost KD for nada.
    Light Years Ahead

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who cares? The Warriors dynasty is finished.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    I think they’ll have him in a Harrison Barnes type role once Steph and Klay are back.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Regardless of how empty and hollow Wiggins stats have been, it was a good move for GSW. They were never going to replace KD, not even close. But because Steph, Klay, and Draymond essentially take up 85% of the payroll for the next couple seasons beyond this year, it was going to be near impossible for them to acquire another high end player without flipping KD for another big salary contract. That’s why the D-Lo trade made sense. It was either take him and give him that big annual salary in hopes of flipping him for another big salary player who may be a better fit, or figure a way the next three off seasons to stay a contender with Steph, Klay, Draymond, a mid level guy and a bunch of minimum salaries.

Wiggins is extremely flawed but still talented. When Steph and Klay return next season, you take Wiggins’ talent over Glenn Robinson III and Jacob Evans. And because Steph and Klay are effective without the ball, Wiggins can still get his share of primary and facilitating touches the way Draymond gets.

I don’t like Wiggins the player, but I like what Golden State did in the wake of Durant leaving them. Plus they’ll get their own lottery pick this season, and potentially another one next season even if they are good again.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I mean

curry
    klay
    wiggins
    dray
    C

team still sounds good to me lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wiggins been posting empty stats since day 1, plays no lick of defense

My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    Russell was going to be redundant once Steph and Klay return. The Dubs need a good small forward that can play in the starting line-up. Wiggins essentially becomes the next Harrison Barnes/Iguodala. His skillset is a bit different than either of those guys but he might flourish as a role player. Some guys aren't cut out for the role of team leader/star player. Is he overpaid? Absolutely. But if you ignore the money issue, he can bring some value to the team on the court in the right system. If Harrison ing Barnes can do it, I don't see why Wiggins can't lol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Minnesota is never getting over that hump. Towns has a defensive rating so bad that it almost defies reason, and defensive ratings are are generally skewed to favor bigs. Towns would have to improve dramatically on D to compare to Jahlil Okafor at this point. And now they've tossed away a lottery pick in the draft.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    I like this trade more for Warriors because look what they did with players like Javale McGee. Andrew Wiggins has plenty of upside still and he's only 24. Plus they got two picks out of it and they will likely get a high draft pick this year as looks like they will miss playoffs. Minny did this deal to please Towns.

Warriors got the better end of the trade long term I think especially if Kerr can improve Wiggins game.

The Warriors suck this year but it won't be for long, they will be back and be a well oiled machine next season that is if their core can have a healthy season. Plenty of mileage on their big 3 now.

Thread Information