My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Seems like every western team has done something besides Spurs
    i just posted that in the jakob thread

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a huge fan of Poodle, but at least he's a 25 year old who does some things well, and can poss improve here and there. In the pantheon of shiitty spurs signings, this doesn't even make a blip.

That 3 yr/41 m contract HOU just signed for Wood I would've muuuch rather taken, but whatever.

Also, y'all love to talk about getting this cap space for next year, lolll. Who do you think the Spurs can realistically sign next year? Hate to break it to ya, but not much. 2022 FA are better and more realistic.
    Last edited by R to the P McMurphy; 11-21-2020 at 01:52 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What is Zeller status, do the Spurs needs to waive him or opt in? If his contract is similar to Trey does it mean he is also on Spurs payroll this coming season?
    Last edited by XDT76; 11-21-2020 at 03:37 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Campazzo to the Nuggets. Good pick up?

Good. Now Spurs don’t have to get him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any undrafted players you'd like the Spurs to take a look at? I don't follow college ball but I know some of you do and might know some players. Thx

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any undrafted players you'd like the Spurs to take a look at? I don't follow college ball but I know some of you do and might know some players. Thx
    Anyone of interest already signed with other teams. Spurs once again a day late and a dollar short.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone of interest already signed with other teams. Spurs once again a day late and a dollar short.
    Not like they were chasing them anyway.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's sad that Spurs no longer have recruiting power like they used to..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like they used to? Haha man, you are funny.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

A Tim Duncan makes everything easier.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why is okc hoarding so many picks? You can only develop so much. Theres only one bball.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why is okc hoarding so many picks? You can only develop so much. Theres only one bball.
    to draft players and/or trade picks for a franchise player and build team around him. picks are the best assets while rebuilding. theyre smart, not like patfo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    to draft players and/or trade picks for a franchise player and build team around him. picks are the best assets while rebuilding. theyre smart, not like patfo.
    Umm let's see them taste success first before we crown them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And to think Presti was once in the Spurs FO

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Umm let's see them taste success first before we crown them.
    sure, they can always screw this up but for now they doin great job

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Until presti actually uses these picks wisely. He hasn't done .

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i'm a little confused of how DMD and LMA were such hot commodities over the last couple of months, and now we can't find a trading partner.

I'm 1000% on board of tanking for a couple of years, play the kids, and rebuild by 2022. Cade Cunningham sweepstakes!!

All kidding aside playing DMD and LMA doesn't help us for the future.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does anyone else agree that Eubanks will end up playing better than Poeltl if given the chance? Loved him in the bubble.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Presti's a really interesting guy, but I think he gets a free pass sometimes. He's made a few serious mistakes in his time-- misreading the Durant situation and letting him walk for zero return, sticking with Westbrook when a lower usage rate/efficient high volume 3pt shooter would've been more helpful, sticking with old school center Adams when more athletic switchable centers were available... again, he's obviously a talented guy, but sometimes I'd look at the construction of those teams-- for example a Westbrook/Roberson/Adams trio-- and think "this is not the work of an advanced stats guru."

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does anyone else agree that Eubanks will end up playing better than Poeltl if given the chance? Loved him in the bubble.
    Respectfully I disagree. Eubanks always seems to get caught sleeping on defense. He has those lapses where he gets beat by his man. Plus he fouls more I think. I am not a fan of Eubanks at all, but I hope he improves.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Respectfully I disagree. Eubanks always seems to get caught sleeping on defense. He has those lapses where he gets beat by his man. Plus he fouls more I think. I am not a fan of Eubanks at all, but I hope he improves.
    I think Jakobs foul rate is worse but I need to double check. But Poeltl better way out perform Eubanks for that deal.

Believe.
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Calm down. He wasnt even better in the Bubble. A positive surprise, but not better. I know this Board loves to hate on Players for random reasons, but reality should still matter.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like the Poeltl signing (I'd have loved it at $8M per). If we want to use him in a trade next summer he'll have + value. I don’t think the FO will hesitate because of that spursy goodwill stuff because of how the deal went down last night either.

Unless there's an injury or something Poeltl and Murray will combine for over $25M that will bring back picks at the very least next summer after a slew of teams strike out on their FA targets. We'll be flexible... I'm still hopeful we can move Gay and at least one of ddr or lma this season... im not expecting it but I'm hoping.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like the Poeltl signing (I'd have loved it at $8M per). If we want to use him in a trade next summer he'll have + value. I don’t think the FO will hesitate because of that spursy goodwill stuff because of how the deal went down last night either.

Unless there's an injury or something Poeltl and Murray will combine for over $25M that will bring back picks at the very least next summer after a slew of teams strike out on their FA targets. We'll be flexible... I'm still hopeful we can move Gay and at least one of ddr or lma this season... im not expecting it but I'm hoping.
    This. I don't see the Poeltl signing having any negative impact on the Spurs free agency hopes next summer assuming competent management. Any worthwhile front office would still be able to accomplish their free agency goals as Poeltl's contract is not a bad one and he will still have value around the league. The real problem here is the Spurs front office is pretty questionable right now which is an entirely different subject. Not re-signing Poeltl for 3/27. This deal isn't bad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again no one is saying his deal is bad in a vacuum. It’s bad because it shows Sa has no idea what they are doing and have no plan like ive Been saying for year+ now.

Thread Information