Page 36 of 39 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839 LastLast
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I thought Alshon Jeffery was in that mold too but he kept getting injured
    I don't see it. Alshon is basically a black Cole Beasley.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I don't see it. Alshon is basically a black Cole Beasley.
    I detect the sarcasm, but if you're being serious, lmao. Black cole beasley would be like Andrew Hawkins (from the recent past) or a guy like Jamison Crowder.

Alshon's best white boy comparisons all play tight end.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I detect the sarcasm, but if you're being serious, lmao. Black cole beasley would be like Andrew Hawkins (from the recent past) or a guy like Jamison Crowder.

Alshon's best white boy comparisons all play tight end.
    You'll have to be specific as there are a bunch of white TE and they don't all play the same style. Regardless...whichever one of them is most like Cole Beasley, that's the Alshon comp.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    I thought Alshon Jeffery was in that mold too but he kept getting injured
    i always had a soft spot for the cutler-era bears. and brandon marshall + young alshon was awesome

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    yeah but McCarron didn't throw 30 picks in a season

if anything, Winston should have paid the Saints for a roster spot, not the other way around

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Patriots have been waiting all this time for Dalton. You can’t tell me they aren’t tanking.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Patriots have been waiting all this time for Dalton. You can’t tell me they aren’t tanking.
    why did the bears trade a 4th round pick for Foles with his big guaranteed contract when they could have just signed Dalton or Winston

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    this ones too late, but funny

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count
    Vikings are having a great draft, not just with what they are doing, but with how badly the Packers have faceplanted. the packers have had the worst draft by a significant margin. packers also gave up their 4th round pick just to move up for Love
    I just saw video on ESPN of that OT from Boise State that the Vikes drafted in the second round. He looks like a really good run blocker. Good news for continuing to make Dalvin Cook look probably better than he is. Hopefully, he's good on the pass blocking too. Cousins needs that split second more time than most QB's.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count
    this ones too late, but funny

That's pretty much how I felt about the Diggs trade. At least I'm not a Texans fan though.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    I just saw video on ESPN of that OT from Boise State that the Vikes drafted in the second round. He looks like a really good run blocker. Good news for continuing to make Dalvin Cook look probably better than he is. Hopefully, he's good on the pass blocking too. Cousins needs that split second more time than most QB's.
    he's definitely more known for his pass protecting chops though.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    why did the bears trade a 4th round pick for Foles with his big guaranteed contract when they could have just signed Dalton or Winston
    because the bears treat draft picks like dollar store knick knacks.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    oddly enough, Dalton is actually good for a 7-9 season which would up the tanking

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    ambulance balls tbh

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    Earl Thomas

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    that DeAndre Baker/Quinton Dunbar story

the police tagging the teams

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    looks like Baker is gonna go to prison, he was actually one of the few picks the Giants got right recently

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    not incredibly thorough, but good article on the 2019 rookie QBs

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2020/05/roo...ones-drew-lock

ST has been sleeping on Kyler (like every other black QB, tbh), even going so far as to make bizarre claims about him not having a strong arm, when he has a cannon.

I also think Haskins can be good, but he clearly wasn't ready as a rookie, which is why his arm strength/ball placement was good but he was slow in making progressions... he needs a lot more practice reps for the game to slow down.

i was also never high on Minshew despite the buzz/hype

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    not incredibly thorough, but good article on the 2019 rookie QBs

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2020/05/roo...ones-drew-lock

ST has been sleeping on Kyler (like every other black QB, tbh), even going so far as to make bizarre claims about him not having a strong arm, when he has a cannon.

I also think Haskins can be good, but he clearly wasn't ready as a rookie, which is why his arm strength/ball placement was good but he was slow in making progressions... he needs a lot more practice reps for the game to slow down.

i was also never high on Minshew despite the buzz/hype
    Haskins sucks and was always overrated coming out of school. He's slow as an elephant when he tries to scramble, and he makes bad decisions in the pocket. Also he'll never succeed considering he plays for one of the tiest franchises in the sport.

Murray is my darkhorse to win 2020 MVP and get AZ to double digit wins assuming there's a full season. He's got a very similar skillset to Jackson and more/better weapons than the Ravens, and a four-wide / five-wide style offense that likes to keep the ball in the QB's hands almost every snap, either to throw or to run. Should be a very fun team to watch this year. Glad Larry Fitz might get one more bite at the apple after all.

Minshew is mid round talent that fell into the late rounds, he's a solid league backup but nothing better, nothing to see there.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Haskins sucks and was always overrated coming out of school. He's slow as an elephant when he tries to scramble, and he makes bad decisions in the pocket. Also he'll never succeed considering he plays for one of the tiest franchises in the sport.
    probably the biggest factor tbh

plenty of qbs with bad mobility have survived or flourished in the NFL if they had good arm talent or could throw with anticipation. haskins has the makings of that kind of player and was very good with short/intermediate routes at Ohio State, he wasnt just some deep ball chucker. his issue was always experience. he only started one season at Ohio state and definitely was not NFL ready. its why they were wise to start Keenum and it looked bad when Haskins was thrust into duty.

McLaurin is a good receiver (and they have some built in chemistry from their time together in college) but they need more help on offense. lost trent williams, jordan reed should retire, and they dont have any other legitimate targets. neither adrian peterson nor darius guice can catch passes, and they also lost the oft-injured chris thompson in free agency.

Murray is my darkhorse to win 2020 MVP and get AZ to double digit wins assuming there's a full season. He's got a very similar skillset to Jackson and more/better weapons than the Ravens, and a four-wide / five-wide style offense that likes to keep the ball in the QB's hands almost every snap, either to throw or to run. Should be a very fun team to watch this year. Glad Larry Fitz might get one more bite at the apple after all.
    kyler is a much better and much more natural passer than Lamar. he's more like Wilson but was thrust into a higher volume passing role as a rookie than wilson. they also had no OL last year, which is what made Murray's throwing so much more impressive. on anything outside of 3 step drops, he basically had to just lean off his back foot and deliver darts 25-30 yards down the field. thats why i kept saying the guy's arm strength is insane... just might not like like the pop of a guy who is able to step into throws consistently. he was all arm and was still getting it done with lousy receivers.

Minshew is mid round talent that fell into the late rounds, he's a solid league backup but nothing better, nothing to see there.
    minshew is very similar to keenum tbh. i also liked the fitzpatrick comp from the article. as a raider fan, just looks like the better athlete version of matt mcgloin. aggressive thrower with good anticipation but iffy accuracy and has a subpar arm

contrary to popular belief, arm strength usually doest matter all that much when going deep (minshew was actually a solid deep ball guy). has much more to do with throws to the flats and intermediate routes where you have to put the ball on a rope

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    probably the biggest factor tbh

plenty of qbs with bad mobility have survived or flourished in the NFL if they had good arm talent or could throw with anticipation. haskins has the makings of that kind of player and was very good with short/intermediate routes at Ohio State, he wasnt just some deep ball chucker. his issue was always experience. he only started one season at Ohio state and definitely was not NFL ready. its why they were wise to start Keenum and it looked bad when Haskins was thrust into duty.

McLaurin is a good receiver (and they have some built in chemistry from their time together in college) but they need more help on offense. lost trent williams, jordan reed should retire, and they dont have any other legitimate targets. neither adrian peterson nor darius guice can catch passes, and they also lost the oft-injured chris thompson in free agency.

kyler is a much better and much more natural passer than Lamar. he's more like Wilson but was thrust into a higher volume passing role as a rookie than wilson. they also had no OL last year, which is what made Murray's throwing so much more impressive. on anything outside of 3 step drops, he basically had to just lean off his back foot and deliver darts 25-30 yards down the field. thats why i kept saying the guy's arm strength is insane... just might not like like the pop of a guy who is able to step into throws consistently. he was all arm and was still getting it done with lousy receivers.

minshew is very similar to keenum tbh. i also liked the fitzpatrick comp from the article. as a raider fan, just looks like the better athlete version of matt mcgloin. aggressive thrower with good anticipation but iffy accuracy and has a subpar arm

contrary to popular belief, arm strength usually doest matter all that much when going deep (minshew was actually a solid deep ball guy). has much more to do with throws to the flats and intermediate routes where you have to put the ball on a rope
    Haskins doesn't throw with anticipation. He throws to an open receiver like it's Madden and gets picked because it's not Madden and DBs don't just stay in one spot and watch receivers catch the ball in the real NFL. Also the Redskins suck and their once good OL is trash now. Their new HC is a failed oaf / buffoon. Shouldn't have let both McVay and Shanahan go, should have gone with one of them.

You're right about Minshew and the Fitzpatrick comp (probably the most accurate one from last year) and the fact that arm strength isn't the most important factor on deep balls. Sam Darnold has one of the weakest starter arms in the NFL and he threw a 93 yard TD bomb on the Cowboys that went about 55-60 in the air, last year. Alex Smith threw em up high to Tyreek, obviously not as good as Mahomes does it but Smith wasn't incapable of it. Minshew just isn't starter/franchise QB material IMO.

Murray.... it's hard to compare him to anyone because he's one of the shortest QBs of all time to play any meaningful pro football snaps. 5'8" and that's generous. Needless to say he has a cannon arm because he was drafted high in the MLB to be a pitcher. PBUs at the line of scrimmage from tall interior D-linemen was a problem last year, he'll need to work on improving the arc on his throws to make up for his height. But he'll get there, and I think he can be an even better running QB than Jackson because he's at least as fast and the 5-wide formations actually favor more running lanes for the QB with all those smaller DBs in dime and quarter formations outside the box. Such a polar opposite from Jackson's Ravens offense that features tons of jumbo stuff... 21, 12, 22 and even 13 personnel.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Diggs isn't going to enjoy this

Thread Information