Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s stupid

Parker, Manu on Avery Johnson, car mechanic Del Negro , washed up Dale Ellis, and your Sean Elliott of
    He also had Robinson who even though was about to retire was still more than decent
    2003 Spurs also had a better bench

Sure, Strickland was talented but he also enjoyed throwing ill advised no look passes in crunch time
    Willie Anderson never reached his potential
    mings was past his prime by the time he was in San Antonio
    TC was still in his prime but he got injured. Willie also got injured (and drug rumors I think) but that’s why he didn’t live up to his potential. Elliott had bad knees/kidney. Strickland was awesome but letting him go in favor of AJ was by far one of the dumbest moves.

Robinson’s entire era was defined by injuries both to himself and his teammates. The Spurs were cursed back then and it was a wonder we were as good as we were. Yeah we got exposed in the playoffs but man our coaching was beyond too.

I can’t think of any superstar that had to deal with more than Robinson tbh. Best teammates got hurt. Hall of fame coach quit to join the Clippers backcourt of AJ and Vinny. Tark lasted 17 games. John Lucas was his actual coach during his prime. Not paying for supportive players. 6 coaches in 5 years. Rodman threw the Rocket series. Malone elbow knocked him out and forever injured his knee. Back issues. I mean name me another superstar that had to deal with this and Dave still led his team to the top of the WC.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I live in NC and met him when I was 15. I went to a celebrity golf tournament and I actually got to meet him with a bunch of other people. He was a grade a bag. He taunted me and a bunch of other people about getting his autograph. If you had smart phones and social media back then he would have been exposed.
    Not surprised at all,what I witnessed in person was truly sad by him

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jordan is about as low as they come tbh,
    I witnessed him and his entourage get tossed from a high end restaurant in DC for being an ass.
    Not to mention his failed steak house called what else "Jordans" in Penn Quarter DC.
    He just locked up the place and left town,no notice nothing.
    Left all his employees unpaid and outta work,all the suppliers got shafted etc.
    I live in NC and met him when I was 15. I went to a celebrity golf tournament and I actually got to meet him with a bunch of other people. He was a grade a bag. He taunted me and a bunch of other people about getting his autograph. If you had smart phones and social media back then he would have been exposed.
    Damn what a piece of . I got Jordan to autograph one of his cards and my NBA Register in either 1987 or 1988 and he seemed nice enogh then. Sucks to hear he became a .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    mings was awesome and in the middle of his prime when he got here. But he blew out his his knee in the summer of 1992, right after cheap ass Red McCombs didn't want to trade him for Barkley.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    mings was awesome and in the middle of his prime when he got here. But he blew out his his knee in the summer of 1992, right after cheap ass Red McCombs didn't want to trade him for Barkley.
    Imagine Robinson and Barkley

ing Red

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imagine Robinson and Barkley ing Red
    Gross

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TP got benched in the Finals. His lack of a jumper cost SA the 2004 Lakers series. He was still inconsistent in 2005. After that ring, SA hired a guy named Chip Englland, and that move vaulted him into an All Star and All NBA player. He wasn’t much good in 2003, though.
    I recall all that and the early playoff let downs in Tony's career. I also remember how clutch SJAx was in those playoffs, but he was also inconsistent, prone to taking bad shots & passes.

Tony added that pull-up mid range jumper (in particular with opponents going under screens) really took his game to another level in the late 2000's & early 2010's. Without that mprovement he likely isn't going to the hall of fame or possibly staying in San Antonio past 2011.

That’s stupid

Parker, Manu on Avery Johnson, car mechanic Del Negro , washed up Dale Ellis, and your Sean Elliott of
    He also had Robinson who even though was about to retire was still more than decent
    2003 Spurs also had a better bench

Sure, Strickland was talented but he also enjoyed throwing ill advised no look passes in crunch time
    Willie Anderson never reached his potential
    Again, you are applying who Parker and Ginobili would become and that perception to their 2003 selves (like the national media often does). Ginobili was a rookie hampered by an early season ankle sprain that wouldn't find his groove until January/February. He also hadn't fully gained Pop's trust and understanding of his "helter skelter" style.

Yes, he was talented but he wasn't as acclimated to the speed and athleticism of the NBA. Even Pop has admitted in interviews that "he didn't know what he had" in Ginobili. Parker was also talented by still went through stretches (at inopportune times) of downplay, passivity & diffidence.

Jackson was the 2nd or 3rd best player on the team, but I doubt any most smart Spur fans would take Jackson in his 2002 - '03 season over Sean Elliott in his 1992 - '93 season. Elliott averaged more points, rebounds and assists while being more efficient from the floor.

For sure Parker & Ginobili are way, way more talented than the 1990's group of Spur guards. Their body of work is more impressive than any of Rod Stickland, Willie Anderson, Vinnie Del Negro or Avery Johnson, yet their 2003 selves could have easily been interchanged with any of that group and Spurs still ring. Why? Tim Duncan had one of the single greatest seasons ever and was capable of carrying a "mediocre" championship team to a ring.
    Last edited by J_Paco; 05-09-2020 at 04:37 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TC was still in his prime but he got injured. Willie also got injured (and drug rumors I think) but that’s why he didn’t live up to his potential. Elliott had bad knees/kidney. Strickland was awesome but letting him go in favor of AJ was by far one of the dumbest moves.

Robinson’s entire era was defined by injuries both to himself and his teammates. The Spurs were cursed back then and it was a wonder we were as good as we were. Yeah we got exposed in the playoffs but man our coaching was beyond too.

I can’t think of any superstar that had to deal with more than Robinson tbh. Best teammates got hurt. Hall of fame coach quit to join the Clippers backcourt of AJ and Vinny. Tark lasted 17 games. John Lucas was his actual coach during his prime. Not paying for supportive players. 6 coaches in 5 years. Rodman threw the Rocket series. Malone elbow knocked him out and forever injured his knee. Back issues. I mean name me another superstar that had to deal with this and Dave still led his team to the top of the WC.
    This.

People are either too young or forgetful to remember those Spurs teams. Give Robinson the supporting cast that some of these recent super-teams have had and he could have run off multiple les. He probably could have been considered a top 10 all-time with the right talent around him.

Thread Information