But he’s Degoat

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude just lacks the confidence.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The game logs show 0-4. Don't credit the er with an extra three attempt he doesn't deserve! https://www.espn.com/nba/player/game.../demar-derozan

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop is an idiot for not telling him he has to shoot 3s and DeRozan is an idiot for not shooting them when he can clearly hit 3s
    How do you know "he can clearly hit them"? Not by the eye test or statistical evidence is that clear.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The game logs show 0-4. Don't credit the er with an extra three attempt he doesn't deserve! https://www.espn.com/nba/player/game.../demar-derozan
    I feel like I’ve counted all his attempts this year and it was 5. Regardless, I can’t tell if 0/4 or 0/5 is worse

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I feel like I’ve counted all his attempts this year and it was 5. Regardless, I can’t tell if 0/4 or 0/5 is worse
    0-4 is worse because even Shaq would've taken at least 5 three point shots by now in today's league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In retrospect I'm not sure I'd trade Danny straight up for DeMar. especially the way the post Nephew team is constructed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's terrible, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s a kid about to lose the 3rd wheel. I think a little nudge, encouragement from coach Chip. He got sweet strokes. He can make those. If he’s gonna be the leader, he needs to take what the defender is giving and NOT become a liability

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you're 28-29 and lack confidence being a perennial playoff player, then you're trash. He is what he is, a chucker and a no defense twig. The best part about his trade (Kawai) was Poetl and the 1st.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you're 28-29 and lack confidence being a perennial playoff player, then you're trash. He is what he is, a chucker and a no defense twig. The best part about his trade (Kawai) was Poetl and the 1st.
    All parts were pretty ty tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How do you know "he can clearly hit them"? Not by the eye test or statistical evidence is that clear.
    he had games in Toronto where he hit 6 threes in a game. And that happened more than once. He averaged 31% from 3 in his last season in Toronto on 3.6 attempts. Even that percentage is decent enough to at least keep the defense honest. It seems like Bballref is a mystery to 90% of the posters here

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he had games in Toronto where he hit 6 threes in a game. And that happened more than once. He averaged 31% from 3 in his last season in Toronto on 3.6 attempts. Even that percentage is decent enough to at least keep the defense honest. It seems like Bballref is a mystery to 90% of the posters here
    31% means that he is better off shooting 47% from 2, which seems more likely from what I have seen. Citing a few outliers once upon a time in Toronto is not very convincing.

The video making the rounds on ST after the Philly game is actually a smart play. He dribbled from the 3-point line to the lane and kicked the ball to Bryn, a much better shot, who was wide open at the arc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In retrospect I'm not sure I'd trade Danny straight up for DeMar. especially the way the post Nephew team is constructed.
    I heard rumors immediately after the trade that the inclusion of Danny was at Pop’s initiative. But in all honesty, I doubt that Danny would have been nearly the deadly weapon on the Spurs of last season as he was in Toronto.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What was the score of game at this point?

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I saw that last night. That was an open invitation - they didn't even try to close out. They only moved toward him when it looked like he was going to drive. That's got to be a mental thing on his part. Like that catcher who couldn't make a throw down to second base.

DDR wasn't the only one who passed up uncontested shots last night. There were a few where I was thinking that "good better best" is over when you've already got "best". Shoot the damn ball when they're giving you the shot. This is an unconfident bunch. Passing up too many open shots, and taking too many panic throws. I commented during the game that Poeltl looked like a deer in the headlights in the paint. If it looked like anyone was going to contest, his head immediately started to swivel looking for someone to dump it off to.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    31% means that he is better off shooting 47% from 2, which seems more likely from what I have seen.

HE might be, but the team isn't better off. If all you're looking at is an individual shot, then yes - shooting 47% from 2 is better than 31% from 3. But even he would be better off driving if the defenders had to at least think about him raising up for a 3 once in a while. As it is right now, they don't bite at all. The fact that he's as effective as he is is really remarkable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I saw that last night. That was an open invitation - they didn't even try to close out. They only moved toward him when it looked like he was going to drive. That's got to be a mental thing on his part. Like that catcher who couldn't make a throw down to second base.

DDR wasn't the only one who passed up uncontested shots last night. There were a few where I was thinking that "good better best" is over when you've already got "best". Shoot the damn ball when they're giving you the shot. This is an unconfident bunch. Passing up too many open shots, and taking too many panic throws. I commented during the game that Poeltl looked like a deer in the headlights in the paint. If it looked like anyone was going to contest, his head immediately started to swivel looking for someone to dump it off to.
    Yeah, we just pass up best for worse and sometimes worst too often. I believe that Pop has really messed with everybody's minds this season. It is one thing to do mad science when you have long-tenured HOFers who are accustomed to it. But when you are dealing with a roster full of guys who are not HOFers or long-tenured, I think that all seriously backfired. I still don't understand the treatment of DeMarre to begin the season, and none of the spineless reporters will pursue the issue. And his persistent use of the Bryn/Marco/Patty combos would have gotten him lynched in any other NBA city.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    HE might be, but the team isn't better off. If all you're looking at is an individual shot, then yes - shooting 47% from 2 is better than 31% from 3. But even he would be better off driving if the defenders had to at least think about him raising up for a 3 once in a while. As it is right now, they don't bite at all. The fact that he's as effective as he is is really remarkable.
    Except, despite his career percentage, I don't think the guy has the confidence to hit 21% from 3 these days.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He also had another Vinny where he made a shot with his tippy-toe on the line. Dude refuses to step behind.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Except, despite his career percentage, I don't think the guy has the confidence to hit 21% from 3 these days.

There is that.

"What-IF World" wasn't good enough for you? You had to hit me with reality?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is what you have film sessions for. Needs to shoot that everyday of the week and twice on days when you are playing a basketball game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is that.

"What-IF World" wasn't good enough for you? You had to hit me with reality?
    Sorry. Reality has slapped us all hard in the face this season. Didn’t intend to compound...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And 4 Lakers able to sag towards the paint because the Spurs have no outside shooting to speak of. This team is a mess right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was DJM that bad in the game? Looks like he's deferring alot looking at the box score. Kind of prefer him trying to score instead of playing so passive.
    This, tbh

Thread Information