Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    honestly, i'll take it. could have made a huge difference if he posted this months ago, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Invisible China Virus

There is nobody more Patriotic than me, your favorite President

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    honestly, i'll take it. could have made a huge difference if he posted this months ago, tbh
    Yeah. It’s still hard for me to fathom that initially they said masks were limited as to their effect. Regardless of whatever science they were basing that off. It just makes too much sense that masks would work both in slowing down transmission and contraction.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah. It’s still hard for me to fathom that initially they said masks were limited as to their effect. Regardless of whatever science they were basing that off. It just makes too much sense that masks would work both in slowing down transmission and contraction.
    The initial assumption was that it was like earlier respiratory viruses, you would only be walking around if you were healthy, so a mask wouldn't be needed, but when they discovered asymptomatic carriers they changed their mask decision

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The initial assumption was that it was like earlier respiratory viruses, you would only be walking around if you were healthy, so a mask wouldn't be needed, but when they discovered asymptomatic carriers they changed their mask decision
    Is that right? I thought much of it had to do with the particles being so small that a mask wouldn’t keep anything out?
    Regardless, it seems like it would make sense to err on the side of caution.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is that right? I thought much of it had to do with the particles being so small that a mask wouldn’t keep anything out?
    Regardless, it seems like it would make sense to err on the side of caution.
    I think the more likely explanation is that it would have made it much harder for hospitals to get masks when they needed them most

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chris, you got your marching orders... you can start praising masks now...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    they were saying that to hoard masks for the national stockpile. They said don't buy N95s and then they said only medical pros/first responders can buy them. Then Kushner came out and said the national stockpile is not for states.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    quick, repugs, buy your American flag masks made in Guangdong with 46 1/2 stars misprinted on them

...or buy the $35 Made in 'Murica mask from Westconsin, made by your cousin cletus. And the straps will disintegrate in 3 days

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They knew about asymptomatic transmission way before then. The talk of masks not working was just to keep people from hoarding critical PPE needed for the hospitals and EMTs.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would if he meant it. But he'll start talking about them again pretty soon probably.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How does the MAGA cult really react to this though? Surely some of them feel betrayed that they carried the "masks are for snowflakes" mantra for Dear Leader only to have him do a 180. Spineless yesmen like Qhris aside, at some point it becomes hard to keep up the "COVID is a liberal hoax" narrative when conservative leaders like Trump and Abbott are now preaching the same precautions that "liberals" were preaching months ago.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How does the MAGA cult really react to this though? Surely some of them feel betrayed that they carried the "masks are for snowflakes" mantra for Dear Leader only to have him do a 180. Spineless yesmen like Qhris aside, at some point it becomes hard to keep up the "COVID is a liberal hoax" narrative when conservative leaders like Trump and Abbott are now preaching the same precautions that "liberals" were preaching months ago.
    I was out today at an outdoor store (farm) where the maga type person was not wearing a mask and eyeing me like I'm the snowflake bc I put on a mask when walking into the storefront to discuss a potential deal. Since the tweet just came out today, and she probably gets her news from Fox after work at like 7pm after coming back from Cracker Barrel, I bet she will quickly pivot and go online to her favorite Cabelas/Bass Pro Shops website to order her made in China mask and be sporting it as soon as it arrives from Guangdong by early August. She will put it right on when she goes back into WalMart, with no second thought, like she had been wearing one since May like Fauci/CDC requested.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And how handsome he thinks Trump looks in his

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seriously I would have thought the shrewd businessman would have thought long ago to sell maga masks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CDC and surgeon general also say mask good now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was out today at an outdoor store (farm) where the maga type person was not wearing a mask and eyeing me like I'm the snowflake bc I put on a mask when walking into the storefront to discuss a potential deal. Since the tweet just came out today, and she probably gets her news from Fox after work at like 7pm after coming back from Cracker Barrel, I bet she will quickly pivot and go online to her favorite Cabelas/Bass Pro Shops website to order her made in China mask and be sporting it as soon as it arrives from Guangdong by early August. She will put it right on when she goes back into WalMart, with no second thought, like she had been wearing one since May like Fauci/CDC requested.
    You know people so well, this internal dialogue you had where you spoke for both sides.. go you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CDC and surgeon general also say mask good now.
    Thanks for that April update.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know people so well, this internal dialogue you had where you spoke for both sides.. go you.
    Lol trying to clown other people's narratives

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stupid ing assumption, amateur as . You always assume asymptomatic infection until you know otherwise, and there's also pre-symptomatic infection. Everyone who ever got infected with a virus had some period of time where they had no symptoms. I cannot believe people like you parrot this like it's real.

"Our initial assumption was to not check to see if the gun was loaded because last time it wasn't". -CDC after an accidental discharge
    "makes sense" -Liberal idiots

But the CDC isn't really idiots, neither is the surgeon general. They came up with a reason to wear masks, because the trillions needed to calm the sheep was a bit steep.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the more likely explanation is that it would have made it much harder for hospitals to get masks when they needed them most
    Because hospitals are pounding the doors down on Home Depot to get masks.

Really, do you think the same medical providers who deliver to hospitals and clinics just sell the exact same straight to the public on Amazon?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stupid ing assumption, amateur as . You always assume asymptomatic infection until you know otherwise, and there's also pre-symptomatic infection. Everyone who ever got infected with a virus had some period of time where they had no symptoms. I cannot believe people like you parrot this like it's real.

"Our initial assumption was to not check to see if the gun was loaded because last time it wasn't". -CDC after an accidental discharge
    "makes sense" -Liberal idiots

But the CDC isn't really idiots, neither is the surgeon general. They came up with a reason to wear masks, because the trillions needed to calm the sheep was a bit steep.
    So you wore a mask in March?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the article is correct in that the masks do little to prevent you from contracting the disease

the article is correct in that the run on retail masks was leading to shortages in communities where they would be needed

the article is correct in that it states the mask do more to prevent you from spreading the virus if you are sick. as of january when the article was written, the virus was not widespread in the US, so there was no obvious need for mass use of such masks
    Last edited by spurraider21; 07-21-2020 at 08:28 PM.

Thread Information