Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you guys think he'll play more tonight?since he got minuets the last game?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Please Pop, yes.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We're talkin a lot about bowen but it could also be the last game in spurs for georgie too

spurs were pretty close to trade him with bowen earlier, could be revisited this summer

i'm just hopin' next year pop can get back the part of his brain which was stolen or get a genius assistant

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hill will play tonight

Master of Information Dr. Gonzo's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hill will play tonight. He will not be traded. He will have a big role next season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop will go with whatever he feels like it tonight. He doesn't really give a about this game tonight. Hopefully this will losen the players up

3 stars and a sun
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Revert back to defense with Hill and Bowen please.

It's a process... mexicanjunior's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you guys think he'll play more tonight?since he got minuets the last game?
    He should...he is the Spurs 2nd best defender at this point. He should be starting ahead of Finley at the 2 guard, with Bruce playing the 3. If Bonner is benched in favor of Gooden as well, the Spurs would have a good chance but it probably won't happen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bonner is benched in favor of Gooden as well, the Spurs would have a good chance but it probably won't happen.
    Parker, Hill, Bowen, Duncan, Gooden
    I actually thought of this starting lineup. why not? we are getting raped out there

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hill will dunk. Twice.

bright future biziofromdowntown's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hill match MVP

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    GH3
    the Real Deal!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hill will dunk. Twice.
    Let's get a block in there too.

bright future biziofromdowntown's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hill > 10 minutes in first half
    Hill > 12 " in second half

=

Spurs win

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even assuming that Hill's lack of experience would be/would have been detrimental to the team, there was still no reason to keep him on the bench. This is because anyone that's not a complete delusional homer knew we weren't bringing home the rings this year. Sure, focus on beating the bag Mavs, but its asinine to wait for Hill to be "exposed to Playoff pressure" for the first time next year when more may be on the line.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hill > 10 minutes in first half
    Hill > 12 " in second half

=

Spurs win

Hill will get the 10 first half mins., his play will have to earn him the 12 second half mins.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know if he will or not, but I definately think he should.

The guy has a lot of heart and did a great job on Terry.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hill's benching was a monumental mistake. The worst Pop made this season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I couldn't stand to read any posts after that last loss, so I'm sure it was talked about. But at the end, Hill stepped up and made those two 3-pointers, and he was the only Spur other than the Tired Two who looked like he wanted to take his shot. When he let go, he looked like he believed the ball was going in - none of the other guys did. I will never understand why they didn't put the ball in his hands.

Tonight I would want guys on the floor who look like they are buried alive and trying to dig their way out with their fingernails. I don't think anybody will hustle and scrap harder than George Hill tonight. I really hope he gets the chance. I'd rather lose hustling than lay down.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I couldn't stand to read any posts after that last loss. But at the end, Hill stepped up and made those two 3-pointers, and he was the only Spur other than the Tired Two who looked like he wanted to take his shot. When he let go, he looked like he believed the ball was going in - none of the other guys did. I will never understand why they didn't put the ball in his hands.

Tonight I would want guys on the floor who look like they are buried alive and trying to dig their way out with their fingernails. I don't think anybody will hustle and scrap harder than George Hill tonight. I really hope he gets the chance. I'd rather lose hustling than lay down.
    Agreed 100%.

The things Pop used to say about wanting Manu with him in a bunker, and him being a warrior, I can see those things in Hill. This kid's a fighter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If not then Pop will have blown it again. I can understand why veteran coaches have a hard time trusting rookies in the POs but GH has earned the minutes with his play. With our bench not producing what does Pop have to lose? , if the bench plays the same way it has in the last two games then this series is over by halftime.

Anyway it will be a confidence builder going into next season, too. GH deserved more from Pop in the last couple of months then what he got. And that was a shame and a terrible mistake on Pop's part. Hopefully he will let losse the reins and see what happens.

SPURS FUTURE 09-10 CHAMPS Spurs_9_20_21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop better play Hill!!! Just give the kid his minutes, geez!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hill plays a little bit like Manu. (Please don't go crazy -- Hill is nowhere near as good or talented as Manu.)

But he plays a style that's a little bit like Manu. He slashes, creates havoc (for good or bad) and even hits the occaisional three. He could fill the void at least a bit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hill will play a lot of minutes...well, at least he SHOULD play a lot of minutes.
    His defense and energy is what this team needs, and he seems to be the only bench player worth playing right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Hill gets traded next season, he's gonna rape our tired and old team when he plays against them. Truth is, Pop has never been a great coach when it comes to developing young players. That's just not who he is and sadly, Hill has the potential to be a great defensive player against PGs.

Thread Information