Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Toyota corrola for 215 a month with 570 down.

Is it a good deal or did I get ripped off?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    College
    Oregon Ducks
    The ripoff comes when you turn it in. You should have bought instead of lease. Can't afford to buy, then you took on too much responsibility.
    Last edited by Wild Cobra; 02-10-2013 at 01:46 AM.

Mr Robinsons hood denizen Creepn's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    You leased a Toyota?

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    You leased a Toyota?
    did I stutter?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    College
    Oregon Ducks
    Toyota's are great cars. Now I only buy American cars, but there is nothing wrong with them.

What are your liabilities if you don't bring the car back in High Retail condition, or showroom shape at the end of three years?

Paint chips, door dents, etc...

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Toyota's are great cars. Now I only buy American cars, but there is nothing wrong with them.

What are your liabilities if you don't bring the car back in High Retail condition, or showroom shape at the end of three years?

Paint chips, door dents, etc...
    Toyota has the 1st and 3rd most american made cars

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    College
    Oregon Ducks
    Toyota has the 1st and 3rd most american made cars
    With import parts, most the profits of manufacturing going elsewhere. Modern car assembly lines don't use very many people. Automation rules.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    yah I've leased a car before and regretted it.

I put the lease to be at 15k miles max but ended up averaging about 20k for the first three years and it needed some minor work, so it was too much in fees to give back that way. I was stuck having to re-finance the balloon payment, and in order to keep the monthly payment the same, it took another 4-5 years to pay off.
    7-8 years of paying for the same car sucked ass.

Not only am I never leasing again, I'm never getting a new car again. If you can't pay it all up front with cash, then the next best thing to do, imo, is tell the bank how much you want to spend per month and let them approve you for a certain dollar amount.

Interest rate of 5%, $215 a month, 60 months, $550 down would let you outright buy this Corolla:

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...gIndex=5&Log=0

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    College
    Oregon Ducks
    Domo arigato Mr. Roboto...

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    i just bought one last month.... GoodOdor did you get the sports model version?

down here they just release a new holden commo VF, pontiac in the states....when u hire american designers = expect utter , they took an aussie mean v8 and turn it into something very feminine

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    American name cars still suck major ass, imo.

I'm sticking toyotas and hondas until they ford and chevy et al can show a steady improvement.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    College
    Oregon Ducks
    i just bought one last month.... GoodOdor did you get the sports model version?

down here they just release a new holden commo VF, pontiac in the states....when u hire american designers = expect utter , they took an aussie mean v8 and turn it into something very feminine
    Aussie V8?

I thought they were using the GM LSx series engine. Doesn't it have the Camaro SS engine in it?

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    yah I've leased a car before and regretted it.

I put the lease to be at 15k miles max but ended up averaging about 20k for the first three years and it needed some minor work, so it was too much in fees to give back that way. I was stuck having to re-finance the balloon payment, and in order to keep the monthly payment the same, it took another 4-5 years to pay off.
    7-8 years of paying for the same car sucked ass.

Not only am I never leasing again, I'm never getting a new car again. If you can't pay it all up front with cash, then the next best thing to do, imo, is tell the bank how much you want to spend per month and let them approve you for a certain dollar amount.

Interest rate of 5%, $215 a month, 60 months, $550 down would let you outright buy this Corolla:

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...gIndex=5&Log=0
    I took the 12k miles a year - I'm basically gonna be driving to the caltrain and back, plus misc, so should stay within the range.

After 3 years though you become responsible for maint'.....I know Toyota's are great, but that can still be expensive.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    I took the 12k miles a year - I'm basically gonna be driving to the caltrain and back, plus misc, so should stay within the range.

After 3 years though you become responsible for maint'.....I know Toyota's are great, but that can still be expensive.
    12k adds up quick. Definitely forget going on long trips in it.

Mr Robinsons hood denizen Creepn's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Lol you. I just never heard of people leasing ugly cheap cars. They just buy it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Aussie V8?

I thought they were using the GM LSx series engine. Doesn't it have the Camaro SS engine in it?
    didnt look into the spec, just saw the exterior and it look like a piece of luxury car, when commos are known to be mean looking cars...

theres many versions from S, SS, calais, then u have the HSV range series...

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    College
    Oregon Ducks
    didnt look into the spec, just saw the exterior and it look like a piece of luxury car, when commos are known to be mean looking cars...

theres many versions from S, SS, calais, then u have the HSV range series...
    And Holden uses the same V8's you find in the Camaro's and Corvettes.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Trinity Tigers
    Toyota corrola for 215 a month with 570 down.

Is it a good deal or did I get ripped off?
    This place offers an LE for $189 a month with 0 down, so if you got a bare LE with few options you didn't get any great deal. Then again it's not a major screw job as screw jobs go.

http://westborotoyota.com/2013-Toyot...ro-Down-Lease/

Toyota themselves offers a $189/month lease but that's with $1800 down, so you basically did OK. http://www.buyatoyota.com/Specials/d...series=Corolla

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I used to knock those that lease but to each their own. Some people just like having something new and are willing to pay to do so.

Personally...I'll just buy a year or two old car with low mileage. The past couple of times I've done it I've wound up with a car that's basically brand new for much less than it's worth. Recently flipped my Genesis Coupe for loaded Maxima. Between my good interest rate, solid trade in and cheap sticker price on the Maxima my whole note is like 21k. I could drive it off a cliff tomorrow and wind up with like 5-6k in my pocket.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    I used to knock those that lease but to each their own. Some people just like having something new and are willing to pay to do so.

Personally...I'll just buy a year or two old car with low mileage. The past couple of times I've done it I've wound up with a car that's basically brand new for much less than it's worth. Recently flipped my Genesis Coupe for loaded Maxima. Between my good interest rate, solid trade in and cheap sticker price on the Maxima my whole note is like 21k. I could drive it off a cliff tomorrow and wind up with like 5-6k in my pocket.
    echo that. I got a similar deal.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    With import parts, most the profits of manufacturing going elsewhere. Modern car assembly lines don't use very many people. Automation rules.

you misunderstood. they are the most American made cars. this is determined by what percentage of their parts plus what percentage of their labor is sourced in the US.

above average height mavs>spurs's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    leasing is a scam for ignorant people who can't afford to buy it outright in cash or at least put a big downpayment and finance the remainder. tbh scroh i think you know better..buying new cars in general is dumb imho they take a huge hit right off the lot. why not buy one gently used with 30k miles on it for half the price?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    leasing is a scam for ignorant people who can't afford to buy it outright in cash or at least put a big downpayment and finance the remainder. tbh scroh i think you know better..buying new cars in general is dumb imho they take a huge hit right off the lot. why not buy one gently used with 30k miles on it for half the price?
    buy new, 3rd year sell it while it still has manufacture warranty...this is common practice

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    And Holden uses the same V8's you find in the Camaro's and Corvettes.
    yeh american engine...but exterior design they fcked it up...

i like the hsv gts senator exterior from the boot...looks basic and mean mofo, if they can get rid of the front design which is common face for all holden commo range...

above average height mavs>spurs's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    buy new, 3rd year sell it while it still has manufacture warranty...this is common practice
    with this approach you have to buy a new car at a premium every 3 years and sell it at a huge loss..they take massive depreciation soon as you drive it off the lot. when i buy a like new car and drive it for 5-6 years then sell it i come out way ahead.

Thread Information