Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maddow does basically one thing -

expose/report corruption - on people who are corrupt - and they are mainly on the right.

However - Al Franken, Avenatti, and others get reported on when they do corrupt and/or questionable illegal -

The fact that MOST of her reporting involves the criminal administration - just confirms how corrupt they are.

I got no issues with a reporter who reports corruption on any side.

I call bull on those making the FOX news false equivalency.

When you can be proud of the integrity and behavior of your chosen leaders - it won't matter what people like Maddow do or don't do.

Those that can actually give examples of her reporting false or fake news - please provide examples. You can't.

Fox news - though - all one has to do is watch one show of Hannity/Tucker/Ingraham

and see lie upon lie upon lie upon lie -

all while clutching their pearls at the

"evil corrupt left/mainstream media"

Guys who make MILLIONS per year working in the media - crying and labeling everyone else "mainstream"

gtfo of here

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL fox news

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And MSNBC is essentially 100% against him. There's plenty of fact challenged reporting and crass appeals to fear, paranoia and ersatz outrage at MSNBC as well.

Whatever gets the ratings and the clicks.
    Are they both equally bad?

Sounds like more lazy false equivalence to me. Not going to argue that MS doens't have its viewpoint, but you would be hard pressed to say they are equally bad. Fox' talking heads fawn all over the president and the Republican party in ways that you would be hard pressed to find parallels to on MS.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dont know what that is but it cant be worse than when she had trumps taxes
    It's worse:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are they both equally bad?

Sounds like more lazy false equivalence to me. Not going to argue that MS doens't have its viewpoint, but you would be hard pressed to say they are equally bad. Fox' talking heads fawn all over the president and the Republican party in ways that you would be hard pressed to find parallels to on MS.
    It's mainly Maddow I can't stand, but it's clear MSNBC ia biased according to political viewpoint. It aims itself at Democrats.

I stand by my statement that Maddow is Glenn Beck for simpleminded libs.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's mainly Maddow I can't stand, but it's clear MSNBC ia biased according to political viewpoint. It aims itself at Democrats.

I stand by my statement that Maddow is Glenn Beck for simpleminded libs.
    I can't make this equivalence when only one's hyperbolic fearmongering directly targets the less fortunate and less powerful in this country.

I don't like sensationalism from any side, which is why I never watch cable news, but I would choose sensationalized criticism of those in power 100 times before I'd choose the coordinated hysterical antagonization of minority religions, races and sexualities that goes with being a conservative pundit like Beck, in service to white nationalism.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's fair enough, Spurminator.

I don't think they're substantively the same, or even bad in exactly the same way. But I do think both are sensationalistic and play fast and loose with facts -- Fox may well be less scrupulous, hard for me to tell, I'm not exposed to tons of either apart from what gets reposted here or written about elsewhere.

I do have sympathy with your point that it makes a difference which side one picks, but I feel that the choice between MSNBC and Fox is a false dilemma. Both are objectively bad, and I can get most all the info I need elsewhere -- they do have their occasional scoops, of course.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't make this equivalence when only one's hyperbolic fearmongering directly targets the less fortunate and less powerful in this country.

I don't like sensationalism from any side, which is why I never watch cable news, but I would choose sensationalized criticism of those in power 100 times before I'd choose the coordinated hysterical antagonization of minority religions, races and sexualities that goes with being a conservative pundit like Beck, in service to white nationalism.
    +1

Not one much for it either.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I see the false equivalence forcfield has been raised yet again...as if there were any relevancy whatsoever to Maddow being a hack

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    anybody on MSNBC spew total like Tucker Carlson?

Tucker Carlson: The metric system is a ‘creepy’ new world order plot

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/06/tuc...e+Raw+Story%29

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rachel Maddow Hammers Trump: ‘Even if You Bleach Your Brain’ You Wouldn’t Celebrate Walls With Irish PM!

“Erase your mind for a second.

Forget everything you might have ever heard or ever known about Ireland and Northern Ireland…

Even if you bleach your brain to the point where nothing is left in terms of cognizance in terms of what might be a sensitive subject there,

even still, in this hypothetically-lobotomized state where you’ve had your brain wiped of all knowledge of Ireland,

Northern Ireland and the question of a potential border wall there,

you still with this hypothetical lobotomy would still not sit down with the Irish minister and suggest first words out of your mouth,

‘Hey, you know, your border wall is going to be awesome!’

It’s not like Ireland and Northern Ireland have ever had an issue around that border.

There’s never been any sort of conflict there, right?”

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/rachel-maddow-hammers-trump-even-if-you-bleach-your-brain-you-wouldnt-celebrate-walls-with-irish-pm/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see the false equivalence forcfield has been raised yet again...as if there were any relevancy whatsoever to Maddow being a hack
    A grifter, tbh. Mad bank.

I needs six for my fix. UnWantedTheory's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Fair point and of course Fox is vile. My point is that if MSNBC falls short of their purpose due to biased sensationalized , why bother watching either when there are a mul ude of options?

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fair point and of course Fox is vile. My point is that if MSNBC falls short of their purpose due to biased sensationalized , why bother watching either when there are a mul ude of options?
    My post was in direct response to Maddow/MSNBC being equated to Glenn Beck, etc.

I agree they should both be avoided.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's fair enough, Spurminator.

I don't think they're substantively the same, or even bad in exactly the same way. But I do think both are sensationalistic and play fast and loose with facts -- Fox may well be less scrupulous, hard for me to tell, I'm not exposed to tons of either apart from what gets reposted here or written about elsewhere.

I do have sympathy with your point that it makes a difference which side one picks, but I feel that the choice between MSNBC and Fox is a false dilemma. Both are objectively bad, and I can get most all the info I need elsewhere -- they do have their occasional scoops, of course.
    Agreed on pretty much all counts.

That said Fox is vastly less scrupulous, and its not even close.

I needs six for my fix. UnWantedTheory's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My post was in direct response to Maddow/MSNBC being equated to Glenn Beck, etc.

I agree they should both be avoided.
    Got ya.

Thread Information