Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    The problem for Netflix down the road will be when all of these production companies pull all their content off of Netflix to stream on their own platforms.

Seems inevitable that Netflix will someday relatively soon be left with nothing but their own content and B movies..... which could be why they're frantically cranking out stuff right now.
    They already have B+ movies. So many good ones not there (on streaming). Yea, they're gonna be whittled down by compe ion; but indications are they're strong for the long run due to their strong foundation and name brand. The movie companies may not want to do all the costs of creating their own netflix when it's hassle free money coming in from Netflix. The TV networks are trying to horde in also, so NBC pulled The Office; but I think too many options might not work with only so much money to go around. I see some of them pulling out within the decade.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    Aaron got a twofer.
    Y?

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The problem for Netflix down the road will be when all of these production companies pull all their content off of Netflix to stream on their own platforms.

Seems inevitable that Netflix will someday relatively soon be left with nothing but their own content and B movies..... which could be why they're frantically cranking out stuff right now.
    You're still on this?

Netflix will always have your cult classic movies coming in. But Netflix is less popular for their movies than they are for their shows. If they keep losing rights to popular TV shows than you may have a point.

But even then, Disney itself has a problem with their branding. They'll have to branch out into adult oriented movies and TV shows. Nostalgia is cool but it wears out.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    You're still on this?

Netflix will always have your cult classic movies coming in. But Netflix is less popular for their movies than they are for their shows. If they keep losing rights to popular TV shows than you may have a point.

But even then, Disney itself has a problem with their branding. They'll have to branch out into adult oriented movies and TV shows. Nostalgia is cool but it wears out.
    Yes, Netflix keeps losing popular tv shows and had to overpay for Seinfeld.

I thought you got this in the other thread: Disney+ = geared more to kid friendly content; Hulu = geared more to adult content.

Disney is also making new content for Disney+. Not sure you heard but there's a show called The Mandalorian. It's new.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Yes, Netflix keeps losing popular tv shows and had to overpay for Seinfeld.

I thought you got this in the other thread: Disney+ = geared more to kid friendly content; Hulu = geared more to adult content.

Disney is also making new content for Disney+. Not sure you heard but there's a show called The Mandalorian. It's new.
    Yes, I'm sure milking Star Wars is gonna kill Netflix for sure.

Have you watch their latest movies yet? I heard Noelle and Lady and the Tramp are amazing movies. Go watch.

Disney having to rely on Hulu for their adult stuff.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I will still give 'em a whirl though...as I said.

I dont dislike Disney. I just think your doom and gloom is hysterical.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    I think NBC is considering having its streaming service be free with ads. Viacom/CBS keeps adding content to Pluto TV which is encouraging. We may not have to pay for everything and I wouldn't really mind commercials in comfort food/background shows if they're done right.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    I don't think Netflix is done but I think they've finally plateaued. I mean, what's the difference between them and say showtime or HBO?

What I'm gonna end up doing is subscribing for a month or two to binge shows like Stranger Things and then drop. Then I'll subscribe to showtime to binge Ray Donovan and Billions then drop.

And so on.

Disney and Amazon are smart to give you a price break if you pay for a year (or 3) up front or with bundle

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    I think NBC is considering having its streaming service be free with ads. Viacom/CBS keeps adding content to Pluto TV which is encouraging. We may not have to pay for everything and I wouldn't really mind commercials in comfort food/background shows if they're done right.
    Ditto. Tubi does a great job with their ads.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    For example if you like a more or less straight news half hour like CNN Headline News used to do the CBS News 24hr channel is as close as you're gonna get. Background stuff like Forensic Files and old Doctor Who series work really well on ad-supported streams IMO. I'm not going to go out of my way to find those things but there they are on their own channels.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    The packaging of Disney/Hulu/ESPN looking like a strong value. I would sell my Netflix stock if I had it. It's already been coming down; I think there are some hangers on that are in for a rude reality.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    The packaging of Disney/Hulu/ESPN looking like a strong value. I would sell my Netflix stock if I had it. It's already been coming down; I think there are some hangers on that are in for a rude reality.
    Some dude here bought in at 255 a couple months ago, today at 295 last I checked. I would short sell right now.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    Some dude here bought in at 255 a couple months ago, today at 295 last I checked. I would short sell right now.
    Good call.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The cropping was ing horrible

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    The cropping was ing horrible

AmateurY Hour

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    derp redassing his failure to follow the thread.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    10 million subscribers on Day 1, but apparently a ton paid in marketing to do it. I'm still skeptical about whether they'll do more than make a dent in Netflix; but it's going to be interesting to see.
    Once the nostalgia runs out and everybody gets a chance to see The Mandalorian, I expect there will be a drop off. The Marvel series won't be around for a while.

I think Disney is counting on the fact that a certain percentage of people will keep the service around because their kids will be okay watching Disney cartoons over and over. And that's probably a safe assumption, I'll probably keep it for that reason too.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Once the nostalgia runs out and everybody gets a chance to see The Mandalorian, I expect there will be a drop off. The Marvel series won't be around for a while.

I think Disney is counting on the fact that a certain percentage of people will keep the service around because their kids will be okay watching Disney cartoons over and over. And that's probably a safe assumption, I'll probably keep it for that reason too.
    There's a Jeff Goldblum show they have that seems pretty legit.

And I concur with that assumption. I've got nieces that have been watching Frozen on a loop in anticipation for next week

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Denver Nuggets
    They’re fixing the Simpsons issue.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Multifabbs will be thrilled

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Talking about hulu, Blake you still have that tv package deal? Just read the other day they hiked their prices by 22%.

Was this due to Disney or what?

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Talking about hulu, Blake you still have that tv package deal? Just read the other day they hiked their prices by 22%.

Was this due to Disney or what?
    they hiked the live tv

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    they hiked the live tv
    Yeah that sucks. Extra $10 a month.

Thread Information