My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    France can suck it! Nuclear subs can travel further and stay hidden longer. Cause, really, who but French and Colombians narcos want short range diesel subs?

Canberra wants attack subs -- the jack-of-all-trades backbones of the US and UK sub fleets.

"Attack submarines are designed to seek and destroy enemy submarines and surface ships; project power ashore with Tomahawk cruise missiles and Special Operation Forces (SOF); carry out Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) missions; support battle group operations; and engage in mine warfare," the US Navy says atop its attack submarine fact sheet.
    The US has three classes of attack subs in its fleet of 53. The newest of these are the 19 of what's called Virginia class.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/17/austr...-ml/index.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doesn't France have nuclear powered subs? I guess they didn't want those.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doesn't France have nuclear powered subs? I guess they didn't want those.

No one wants french subs, not even french navy!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can we get the glass bottom subs so the French navy can see the rest of the French navy?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Only dumbass would think french disel subs were worth buying!

Why buy second tier subs. Really, second tier coastal subs when you want an offensive weapon?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Germans still make the best diesel subs and Canberra further ed up by reaching out to french.

Australia says French submarines were inferior to technology offered by US and UK.

https://news.yahoo.com/australia-say...111100382.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Germans still make the best diesel subs and Canberra further ed up by reaching out to french.

Australia says French submarines were inferior to technology offered by US and UK.

I guess not all nuclear submarines are created equally.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I think there is also a bit of realpolitik to consider.

Who is going to provide more security against an aggressive China?

My 2 cents, regardless of the merits of the tech. Not up-to-date on my reading there, sadly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think there is also a bit of realpolitik to consider.

Who is going to provide more security against an aggressive China?

My 2 cents, regardless of the merits of the tech. Not up-to-date on my reading there, sadly.
    Absolutely.

French will switch side or surrender in a heart beat.

Israelis use German built submarines so for a country in almost perpetual war, that should mean something.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    French security!

August 2016, before the Australian deal was formally signed but after it had been announced, the company DCNS admitted it had been hacked after 22,000 do ents relating to the combat capacity of its Scorpene submarines being built in India were leaked, raising concerns about the security of its Australian project.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    french cucks are mad, same with the chinese dog and the indonesian mutt complaining about australia pack with usa/uk to purchased nuclear powered subs, not a sub equip with nuclear missiles, this is the part those dumb grade 1 education dont understand....

funni part is govt had to pay out compensation on the failed deal to french cucks and suppliers...seriously cant wait for next election to get rid of this clown leader

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    french cucks are mad, same with the chinese dog and the indonesian mutt complaining about australia pack with usa/uk to purchased nuclear powered subs, not a sub equip with nuclear missiles, this is the part those dumb grade 1 education dont understand....

funni part is govt had to pay out compensation on the failed deal to french cucks and suppliers...seriously cant wait for next election to get rid of this clown leader
    Yup.

French welshed on letting Australian industry build the subs. It started at 90% involvement, them down to 60% before french welshed on that too.

French ed themselves royally. muh contract

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Butthurt french!

Angry and bitter Macron cancels US-French naval gala over lost £65billion submarine deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    French Fred

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Butthurt french!

Angry and bitter Macron cancels US-French naval gala over lost £65billion submarine deal.

Macron bad now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Why did Australia pull out? The sneaky french deal was initially set for almost $37 billion but subsequently escalated to $66 billion.

A damn bait and switch deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

MAGA s butthurt for french too!

That is truly pathetic!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    China responded with criticism on Thursday to the formation of a new trilateral security partnership between the United States, Britain and Australia, seeing the new pact—called AUKUS—as pointedly targeting Beijing and its growing military capabilities.

China butthurt, must have MAGA s too!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Australia has no agreement with anyone to build any new submarines whatsoever. Even if they were to go ahead, they'd be delivered years later than the French-designed ones (i.e. 20 years from now), and cost more. Load of swinging.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good move Australia!

Buying diesel submarines for the price of nuclear submarines is way out of line.

French complaining, after welshing on percentage of submarine that could be built by Australian industry, is hysterical.

Sure it is still work in progress and will take long while to build these submarines but it will grow the Australian industry in long haul.

And if Australia is into swinging, well buddy, we have you covered there too. Not that there is anything wrong with that but payment is due before you enter the cabaret, show is not free.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What would make more sense is selling the French diesel submarines to the Vietnamese or Philippine Navies as their commerce/military are being threatened by the Chinese and coastal defense/offense is more appropriate to disrupt China's military.

Australia needs long legged submarines not coastal diesel powered subs.

Thread Information