Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good.

What is a 16 year old doing been taken to a shooting range for? Deadbeat parents.
    There's a stupid comment to be made about ..."kids are taught to drive at 16, vehicles kill more people" etc.

But that said, I still disagree with your sentiment. Kids are taught to shoot at earlier ages for recreation and hunting purposes. They're with their parents in a controlled environment, what is wrong with that in any way beyond you don't like guns?

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Except your recap is wrong. He wasn't a kid being enthusiastic about guns or his 2nd amendment rights as he trying to now claim. He's a kid who posted what could easily be mistaken as a threat on social media because he wanted to appear cool.
    That just helps my point. I was being purposefully lenient towards the student's intentions and giving Nathan's assessment the benefit of the doubt.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dp

My Pain: Constant & Sharp
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    PRESENT

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's a stupid comment to be made about ..."kids are taught to drive at 16, vehicles kill more people" etc.

But that said, I still disagree with your sentiment. Kids are taught to shoot at earlier ages for recreation and hunting purposes. They're with their parents in a controlled environment, what is wrong with that in any way beyond you don't like guns?
    Just because they are with their parents doesn't mean things cant go wrong. For instance, how many children go missing while out with their parents at some park?

And as far as for hunting purposes, never heard of hunting with a 9 milimiter.

I'm not saying it's not your right to do what you want with your kid but also dont complain when for example your kid gets the boot from school because you went casually shooting with your kid on some range.

You should know better than to randomly post a video with like 10 guns with a one throwaway line in this highly charged politically climate we have with guns and school shootings.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Finna get lit
    With my mommy at the gun range

isn't what he he was going for.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good.

What is a 16 year old doing been taken to a shooting range for? Deadbeat parents.
    Engaging in activities with your children is the new definition of deadbeat parents.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just because they are with their parents doesn't mean things cant go wrong. For instance, how many children go missing while out with their parents at some park?

And as far as for hunting purposes, never heard of hunting with a 9 milimiter.

I'm not saying it's not your right to do what you want with your kid but also dont complain when for example your kid gets the boot from school because you went casually shooting with your kid on some range.

You should know better than to randomly post a video with like 10 guns with a one throwaway line in this highly charged politically climate we have with guns and school shootings.
    That's a fallacy tho, ANYTHING can happen ANYWHERE.

Didn't read the article, but if the Mom DID know the kid posted that line on social media, then shame on her. If he did it on his own, and I know it is impossible to keep up with a chil's e-life, the parent shouldn't be shamed or blamed.

If the kid hadn't made that one line and still got booted for just posting the vid, there's an issue. I don't fault the kid too much, either. We ALL made rotten jokes as kids, hopefully this widens his eyes and he realizes the folly of his way. This is one of the times when words do speak loudly because no one wants to see the action.

Still tho, a few rotten apples, statistically speaking, shouldn't ruin a recreation (like learning to shoot hand guns) and bonding time that parents have shared with their children for generations.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What did you do at 16 besides sucking , derp?
    lash out from Reck. Par.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Tranny Reck really clutching her pearls. Boy scouts don't even have their parents with them when they're on the shooting range.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "bans"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    imagine scanning through every thread to check if a particular poster has left a post. and then logging into an alt to post a comment about the lack of said poster's participation in the thread

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    imagine scanning through every thread to check if a particular poster has left a post. and then logging into an alt to post a comment about the lack of said poster's participation in the thread
    He was finna be lit about my response.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We'll see how long they keep him from school If it's more than a day, then it's too long.
    There's a whole process they have to go through with this program

Excessive in this case maybe but it's better than just leaving it to some yahoos to decide what is and isn't a big deal like in the Parkland case.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's a whole process they have to go through with this program

Excessive in this case maybe but it's better than just leaving it to some yahoos to decide what is and isn't a big deal like in the Parkland case.
    It looks like a lot...but in this case, assuming there isn't more to it than what's reported, it should get handled pretty quickly. Would be crazy though if he got cleared and then went to school and shot the kid who snitched.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    So dude missed a day.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So dude missed a day.
    BANNED

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So dude missed a day.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was suspended a day in high school for far less than this. Where's my national news story?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The kid’s name is Nathan
    Must be Muslim

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was suspended a day in high school
    What a surprise.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a surprise.
    Getting suspended from school is not a rare happening, Chris so stop pretending this is some kind of major revelation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a surprise.
    So you never missed but still suck at basic math and grammar. Bully for you

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a surprise.

Funny thing is, you'd have probably shared a tweet about my suspension if it had actually made national news. DailyWire would've argued that my 1st Amendment rights were being trampled.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The kid’s name is Nathan
    , I didn't even notice that

Thread Information