Page 29 of 36 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean it’s very clearly lean. Obv the pink lemonade tweet was in jest. Or he really is dumb enough to think people would buy it, which I doubt. Tbh most of these players sip lean, smoke weed, do coke, and/or pop pills in the off-season. Nothing new, they usually just don’t post it all over the internet for people to see. That’s a Rookie move.

I remember back around 2010 or so, one of my buddies who’s a real estate agent in Dallas, called me and told me he was excited cause he was hired to show then Mavericks’ player Josh Howard’s house. He called me a few days later and said there was an interested buyer so he had gone to show the guy Howard‘s house on short notice, and when he got there, there was drug paraphernalia everywhere, weed and cocaine debris left on the glass table in the living room, and empty liquor bottles all over the place, as if Josh and some of his friends or teammates had been partying all weekend. He said specifically there was codeine and Sprite left out on the same table where the cocaine was.

Not surprising at all and not a big deal, just a memory that pops into my head whenever I see or hear about NBA players doing in the off-season . A large portion of em do it. Ain’t no thang tbh.
    Last edited by BatManu20; 06-09-2022 at 04:50 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

NBA Intel Report: Trade Rumors, Draft Intel & Early Free Agency Targets (actionnetwork.com)

• Among the potential trade partners for an Anunoby deal, Portland is consistently mentioned as a possibility, along with Denver and San Antonio. The Blazers are expected to be aggressive with the seventh pick in trade talks as they look to get win-now talent back around Damian Lillard.

It's probably either that or Poeltl and a protected '23 1st (10-14?).

Sign Hartenstein or pursue your boy Bamba and hope that Anunoby and 9 offset the C downgrade enough to push the pick to the back of that range.

I wouldn't do it though. I don't care the quan y of youth assembled, a team in this situation shouldn't be bereft a 1st in a draft.

I honestly don’t have a strong view on how to pursue this offseason. At some point we are probably going to have to overpay for talent at the 3/4 spots bro but I kind of agree we need to make that #9 pick and hope for the best.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d give Poeltl or Keldon for that 7th pick, plus protected ‘23 1st but will keep my 9. I’ll draft Davis and Sochan.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d give Poeltl or Keldon for that 7th pick, plus protected ‘23 1st but will keep my 9. I’ll draft Davis and Sochan.
    If these are the draft we wanted to pick, then I would prefer to move KJ.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If these are the draft we wanted to pick, then I would prefer to move KJ.
    I think there’s a lot of opportunities to accelerate the rebuilding process and get the Spurs to contention. I don’t even think anyone is untouchable for the right return.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would Charlotte take Poeltl, KJ, and 20+25 for 13 and 15? You'd have to take back Plumlee or some other salary filler obviously. Throw in 38 or a future second if they want it.

It's a lot to give up, but also effectively hitting the reset button on the frontcourt, which will have to happen eventually.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think there’s a lot of opportunities to accelerate the rebuilding process and get the Spurs to contention. I don’t even think anyone is untouchable for the right return.
    I've even moved to the position now, since the end of this last season, that Murray could (and maybe should) be moved. Love him but his defense simply isn't all it's cracked up to be, and as the tip of our defensive spear, we need better top of key defense against guards like Ja, CJ, (Ish Smith), and everyone else. Murray is on a good contract and coming off an All-Star appearance. He'd definitely garner high value.

I'm now in the Chinook camp and ready to move on, and wish him the best

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would Charlotte take Poeltl, KJ, and 20+25 for 13 and 15? You'd have to take back Plumlee or some other salary filler obviously. Throw in 38 or a future second if they want it.

It's a lot to give up, but also effectively hitting the reset button on the frontcourt, which will have to happen eventually.
    Given the mid to high level talent and a likely large number of guys with high floors in this draft, all the way down to 25 (and maybe even beyond), I think trading away draft picks, even to move up into the high teens, is not a wise strategy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If people think the Spurs would suddenly give up on Keldon given the fact that the Spurs pride themselves in their developmental program (literally investing $800 million for it) and seeing DJ’s rise to further boost their confidence in it— then y'all are fooling yourselves. It would be another story if Keldon’s game didn’t make a leap last year and only flattened out like White did, but that didn’t happen. It’s better for the Spurs’ interest if Keldon pans out and not to give up on him than to give him away. It adds to their reputation as their list of players they managed to draft and develop grows.

Otherwise, it’s just like any other organization that recycles players year after year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If people think the Spurs would suddenly give up on Keldon given the fact that the Spurs pride themselves in their developmental program and seeing DJ’s rise to further boost their confidence in it— then y'all are fooling yourselves. It would be another story if Keldon’s game didn’t make a leap last year and only flattened out like White did, but that didn’t happen. It’s better for the Spurs’ interest if Keldon pans out and not to give up on him than to give him away. It adds to their reputation as their list of players they managed to draft and develop grows.

Otherwise, it’s just like any other organization that recycles players year after year.
    Keldon is in line for a 4yr/80mm extension this offseason but I think that will be with the expectation he continues to develop and for him that means a more credible goto scorer or he proves himself on the defensive end. If we do ‘t see that over the next year or so his fate could be similar to White.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keldon is in line for a 4yr/80mm extension this offseason but I think that will be with the expectation he continues to develop and for him that means a more credible goto scorer or he proves himself on the defensive end. If we do ‘t see that over the next year or so his fate could be similar to White.
    Yes, what happens next season is a different story. I’m just saying the Spurs are extremely unlikely to trade away Keldon this offseason after the growth he had last season. If he doesn’t perform even better next season, then anything goes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, what happens next season is a different story. I’m just saying the Spurs are extremely unlikely to trade away Keldon this offseason after the growth he had last season. If he doesn’t perform even better next season, then anything goes.
    Agreed. I wouldn’t say the G Hill treatment isn’t in the realm of possibility come draft day if they really see someone they like but it is doubtful. I also don’t think Keldon move the needle for most teams.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love Keldon but he’s a tweener and the odd man out, too small for PF, too slow for SF. IF there are opportunities of replacing him with a true size PF in Sochan, Eason, even Keegan for the right trade? I’m open to trading him is just I’m saying. The Spurs are in rebuilding. The rules of the game is different. And no stones should be left unturned if there are opportunities to get better. No room for nostalgic sentiments.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love Keldon but he’s a tweener and the odd man out, too small for PF, too slow for SF. IF there are opportunities of replacing him with a true size PF in Sochan, Eason, even Keegan for the right trade? I’m open to trading him is just I’m saying. The Spurs are in rebuilding. The rules of the game is different. And no stones should be left unturned if there are opportunities to get better. No room for nostalgic sentiments.
    Keldon has more star equity than those guys. Rebuilding means you don't have enough offensive star power. Why trade him for potential high level role players who are an inch taller.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tweeners matter less these days. The league is full of matchups that favor him. I really don’t see that he’s the odd man out and when he’s used correctly he tends to do way better than not.

Plus his shooting overcomes a lot too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

For the love of God I hope that was sarcasm.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At 7 either Mathurin, Murray or Sharpe will be available, you have to draft one of those guys there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At 7 either Mathurin, Murray or Sharpe will be available, you have to draft one of those guys there.
    I see Murray going 6 to Pacers. And I like Davis better than Mathurin and Sharpe. A Davis and Sochan would be a damn haul if Spurs could pull that off.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For the love of God I hope that was sarcasm.
    Heh, I saw that one and kept scrolling. I feel ya.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tweeners matter less these days. The league is full of matchups that favor him. I really don’t see that he’s the odd man out and when he’s used correctly he tends to do way better than not.

Plus his shooting overcomes a lot too.
    But Keldon is still a tweener in the already small NBA

Bruh, does Keldon get overnatched at the PF position, and Poeltl gets to help and leaving his guy? Emphatic Yes. Is Keldon too slow to cover the SF position and getting blown by his guy? Yes. Is Vassell or J-Rich more ideal in SF than Keldon? Yes. Unless Keldon wants the Manu 6th man would be perfect. On this draft you have multiple PF prospects who can man that position better. He’s the odd man out. And best to move him if other teams will overvalue him.
    Last edited by John B; 06-10-2022 at 12:52 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No shot they trade KJ right now. The last couple of months he was a 20 point scorer and was the best 3 point shooter on the team along with being one of Pops favorite players. He's only 22 I expect him to be even better next year, he really started to refine his offensive game towards the end of the season showcasing multiple ways to score opposed to just putting his head down and charging towards the basket like we are accustomed to. Only way I would trade him is if it meant we would get in the top 4 of this draft, outside of that nah.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ 4 and 7, both teams are open to trading their picks, if I would get a chance to draft Davis and Sochan/Keegan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ 4 and 7, both teams are open to trading their picks, if I would get a chance to draft Davis and Sochan/Keegan.

not happening b but nice idea

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jake Fischer was on the Duncd On Podcast and went over the stuff in his articles.

He talked about how Atlanta was open to trading Collins but wanted a first at least. Duncan brought up Portland's 7 but both agreed it was too much for Collins.

Could there be a swap of Zollins + 9 + 20 (or 25) for Jollins +16?

They could agree on draft night. If if they feel the need to match the salaries more and not eat up Spurs capspace, Zollins + Richardson + 9 for Jollins +16?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jake Fischer was on the Duncd On Podcast and went over the stuff in his articles.

He talked about how Atlanta was open to trading Collins but wanted a first at least. Duncan brought up Portland's 7 but both agreed it was too much for Collins.

Could there be a swap of Zollins + 9 + 20 (or 25) for Jollins +16?

They could agree on draft night. If if they feel the need to match the salaries more and not eat up Spurs capspace, Zollins + Richardson + 9 for Jollins +16?
    Hard pass

Thread Information