Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Young Manu was very athletic. He had a ton of great dunks on defenders.

he wasnt called the Michael jordan of argentina for nothing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Young Manu was very athletic. He had a ton of great dunks on defenders.
    Miss Cleao’s prognostications are often spurious

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Confirmed……..some of you aren’t or were never athletes! James Hardin, Luka, Manu, Kawhi etc…… aren’t athletic marvels Let the young bull grow
    Manu at 36 hold off and drive pass Ray Allen to dunk it over Chris Bosh, doubt Primo can even do it now.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What was manus vertical? Keeping it a buck, I’m one of the biggest Manu fans but he wasn’t Uber athletic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What was manus vertical? Keeping it a buck, I’m one of the biggest Manu fans but he wasn’t Uber athletic.
    Nobody said he was"uber" athletic. His vertical was '35 I believe but he definitely didnt play below the rim

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nobody said he was"uber" athletic. His vertical was '35 I believe but he definitely didnt play below the rim

What’s primos again?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fellas, the euro step is part of a skill set….. James Hardin got it from Manu and we all know Hardin isn’t an athletic marvel��

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He wasn't but he sure owns Primo on athletic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fellas, the euro step is part of a skill set….. James Hardin got it from Manu and we all know Hardin isn’t an athletic marvel��
    Nope Hardin's not a typical athlete (and less and less so with every cheeseburger and cheesecake consumed) but he's very quick-stepped. Manu had a lot of explosion to his game and also routinely beat defenders to the rack.

So either way you want to look at it, both of those guys made how many easy layups **per game**? 6 to 8 pts seemingly each game. Hardin with more.

I don't recall any easy points for Primo, outside of four plays all season: 2 drive and dunks on defender closeouts, and 2 dunks on putbacks where a defender failed to box him out.

Again, his game is gonna have to be heavily focused on hitting jumpers for him to be successful. He simply hasn't shown a single repe ive ability to get easy points mixed in with the outside shot and tough dribble drive points.

I wish I was wrong but I've been saying this since halfway through the year. It's why I was screaming from the rooftops for him to get more PT so we could see if there was any creativity I hadn't seen yet that would cause me to change my opinion. I never did. And this video only shows he's gotten better at making space for jumpshots.

It says nothing about why pop was so stubbornly trying to make him into a PG or SG for 90% of the season.
    Last edited by offset formation; 06-19-2022 at 12:46 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What’s primos again?
    '37 broski

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope Hardin's not a typical athlete (and less and less so with every cheeseburger and cheesecake consumed) but he's very quick-stepped. Manu had a lot of explosion to his game and also routinely beat defenders to the rack.

So either way you want to look at it, both of those guys made how many easy layups **per game**? 6 to 8 pts seemingly each game. Hardin with more.

I don't recall any easy points for Primo, outside of four plays all season: 2 drive and dunks on defender closeouts, and 2 dunks on putbacks where a defender failed to box him out.

Again, his game is gonna have to be heavily focused on hitting jumpers for him to be successful. He simply hasn't shown a single repe ive ability to get easy points mixed in with the outside shot and tough dribble drive points.

I wish I was wrong but I've been saying this since halfway through the year. It's why I was screaming from the rooftops for him to get more PT so we could see if there was any creativity I hadn't seen yet that would cause me to change my opinion. I never did. And this video only shows he's gotten better at making space for jumpshots.

It says nothing about why pop was so stubbornly trying to make him into a PG or SG for 90% of the season.
    Hardin year one? Bro please be fair with your assessment or at least reasonable. This kid has shown some things with the ball in his hands; if given time he will flourish. #letjoshgrow

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s Harden.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He wasn't but he sure owns Primo on athletic.
    Do you think I’m feeling Primo is superior to Manu or on the same level? A point of skill being trumps athleticism any day….. jump high / run fast is lethal when you add skill!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let me be clear, I’m speaking to first year Hardin vs Hardin sharpening his tools through experience & aging. It takes time but the kid has advance tools���� Time always tell…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Miss Cleo is such a diviner

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Miss Cleo is such a diviner
    Assuming you are referring to me…..thanks����!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Primo is like 6‘6“ if you don’t count the hair

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His shoulders are way below Sean’s. I think he’s 6’6”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sean Elliott was listed as 6’8 during his playing career and this was probably with shoes. Primo is ~6’4-6’5 sans shoes I bet.

His height should be the least of our worries.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's the best evidence possible that Primo is actually 6-4. That's Josh's listed shoeless height, whereas Sean's 6-9 is likely his shoed height. Primo looks three or four inches shorter than Elliott, which would suggest his shoed height is 6-5 or 6-6, which lines up the shoeless height.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sean Elliott was listed as 6’8 during his playing career and this was probably with shoes. Primo is ~6’4-6’5 sans shoes I bet.

His height should be the least of our worries.
    Yeah, I think we were typing at the same time. I do think Primo being like 6-8 would dramatically change his trajectory. It's far from the least of his concerns. Him being a guard only hurts, not because of his performance or whatever, but because it's clear the Spurs still need a new guard (or two). That means Primo will have more compe ion for minutes. I still think he's fine, but Johnson might play the three next year, pushing Vassell to the two, and if you add in another guard like Mathurin or Davis, then Primo won't even have a clear bench role ... and that's assuming Walker doesn't return which I actually believe is unlikely.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I think we were typing at the same time. I do think Primo being like 6-8 would dramatically change his trajectory. It's far from the least of his concerns. Him being a guard only hurts, not because of his performance or whatever, but because it's clear the Spurs still need a new guard (or two). That means Primo will have more compe ion for minutes. I still think he's fine, but Johnson might play the three next year, pushing Vassell to the two, and if you add in another guard like Mathurin or Davis, then Primo won't even have a clear bench role ... and that's assuming Walker doesn't return which I actually believe is unlikely.
    Outside of Pop’s fetish for playing guys outside of their natural position and putting them in situations where they have an immediate height disadvantage, Primo is firmly a 2 guard to me. No chance he can play point and too small to be a true 3 regardless of the “open growth plates” narrative.

Last year, especially late season he had a free pass to showout with Langford and Walker injured and he flunked. He is going to have some real compe ion if we draft another guard. Uphill battle forsure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Outside of Pop’s fetish for playing guys outside of their natural position and putting them in situations where they have an immediate height disadvantage, Primo is firmly a 2 guard to me. No chance he can play point and too small to be a true 3 regardless of the “open growth plates” narrative.

Last year, especially late season he had a free pass to showout with Langford and Walker injured and he flunked. He is going to have some real compe ion if we draft another guard. Uphill battle forsure.
    Primo didn't flunk. He didn't play any worse than DeJounte did at that point of his career. He wasn't going to be "the guy". He wasn't even going to be a positive on the court. Not every rookie comes out at the end of the year blazing like Johnson did his rookie year, and Keldon is still a net-negative right now. This year was about him learning what he needed to work on. The next two years are about doing that work. The Spurs aren't and never were developmental wizards. It's going to take time, and the results probably won't be a star. That's okay. I doubt he was the home-run swing many people think he was. That doesn't mean he was the optimal pick. But he wasn't a boom-or-bust guy and doesn't need to boom in order to be a good pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Primo didn't flunk. He didn't play any worse than DeJounte did at that point of his career. He wasn't going to be "the guy". He wasn't even going to be a positive on the court. Not every rookie comes out at the end of the year blazing like Johnson did his rookie year, and Keldon is still a net-negative right now. This year was about him learning what he needed to work on. The next two years are about doing that work. The Spurs aren't and never were developmental wizards. It's going to take time, and the results probably won't be a star. That's okay. I doubt he was the home-run swing many people think he was. That doesn't mean he was the optimal pick. But he wasn't a boom-or-bust guy and doesn't need to boom in order to be a good pick.
    So this is where I disgaree: his timeline is going to be pushed forward every guard we draft. He doesn't have the liberty of a long term development plan the way past players have IMO as we continue this attempt at a rebuild. He is likely to be thrown in compe ion with multiple other young prospects so I think he needs to boom soon to justify his roster spot or he will be even harder to justify at 12 when he could probably have been had at 40.

Thread Information