Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    are we really writing primo suave off already though?
    I am. I don't see anything special with Primo. I don't see a high level skill set with Primo. He lacks burst and fire in his game.

Keep hoping on him and investing time with him like Walker, neither will amount to anything more than a role player.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Perhaps.. or he might've had a subpar shooting year as a bigger target of opponent defenses and that might've made people second guess his shooting. Someone like Trey Murphy lll was in pretty much the same situation as Primo, spending time in the G League before getting some run with the Pelicans, and he led all rookies in 3pt% and looks to be exactly the player New Orleans hoped he'd be. Granted, he's older than Primo, but I just don't think objective observers are quite as sold on Primo's supposed shooting abilities after seeing him in both the G league & NBA. But who knows, he could turn it around in the next two years and be a knock down shooter too.... I guess we'll have to wait and see.
    I'm ok with his projected shooting; I think he reworked his shot. It's the other stuff I have doubts about. I think he already has good defensive instincts and appears to be making the right decision, but I'm not sure about the results, though for some reason we were a bad defensive team with all these supposed good defenders. But back to Primo, Pop loves him so that is what give me some hope, though objectively I'm underwhelmed so far.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ As for Primo, I do have a problem with his shooting and do hope he gets that back. That's the no.1 thing he needs to get back b4 his dribble and all these other things people want out of him. Shooting is what got him on the door to get drafted whether by the Spurs or someone later. Him losing that skill is what has made him look worse than everyone expected him to be. A lot of things can be improved after and over time but if he can't shoot people will continue to sour on him and he'll be a bust (bc he isn't even good at what he was supposed to have coming in).

FWIW, the dude is young and I have hope he'll get his shooting back and he'll be better. I'll be disappointed if he isn't better his second season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm ok with his projected shooting; I think he reworked his shot. It's the other stuff I have doubts about. I think he already has good defensive instincts and appears to be making the right decision, but I'm not sure about the results, though for some reason we were a bad defensive team with all these supposed good defenders. But back to Primo, Pop loves him so that is what give me some hope, though objectively I'm underwhelmed so far.

You put an athletic 4 with them, stop the offensive rebounds and add one more guy who can guard, and the defense magically becomes way better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am. I don't see anything special with Primo. I don't see a high level skill set with Primo. He lacks burst and fire in his game.

Keep hoping on him and investing time with him like Walker, neither will amount to anything more than a role player.

i hope theres more to him or that was a uva ty lottery pick

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lack of size and starting a defensive liability/net negative to provide spacing. Even the so called good defenders (Poeltl, Murray, Vassell) are all better team than individually mostly due to their scrawniness limiting their ability to switch.

The Celtics have become the standard for a modern defense. If you look at their top 7, 5 of the 7 (excepting R. Williams and Brown) aren't long, freak athletes, but they all have a good combination of positional height, strength and lateral quickness, so they're all able to switch and provide a semblance or weak side rim protection and defensive rebounding.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Our good defenders are good at disruptive and rotational defence. However majority are not very good on ball defender, in addition we lack interior and help defender resulting in us collapsing a lot of time leaving opponent free at 3 pt line. Thus our not so good defense is mainly due roster construct and defensive scheme.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Starting at 10:15. Not only is Sharpe not as laterally athletic as you'd think, with barely any burst to get past defenders, the section on his own defense is eye-popping. He looks atrocious on this end, not only lazy and disinterested, but just plain awful. Sure, he does track-down blocks, but that's hunting for highlights as much as anything. He looks incapable of even basically being adequate as a possession-by-possession defender. This is the sort of thing Calipari could have been hinting at when he said Sharpe wasn't prepared to play when they wanted him to.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Starting at 10:15. Not only is Sharpe not as laterally athletic as you'd think, with barely any burst to get past defenders, the section on his own defense is eye-popping. He looks atrocious on this end, not only lazy and disinterested, but just plain awful. Sure, he does track-down blocks, but that's hunting for highlights as much as anything. He looks incapable of even basically being adequate as a possession-by-possession defender. This is the sort of thing Calipari could have been hinting at when he said Sharpe wasn't prepared to play when they wanted him to.
    Sure Sharpe's defense will need some work and I'm sure he will improve in that area, but his offensive upside is off the charts.

If anything this tape on Sharpe makes him look great.

You're willing to believe in Primo and give him time thinking he's going to turn into something special when Sharpe looks much better overall already. Primo's game is child like when compared to Sharpe's and they're the same age.

Sharpe needs time to shore up his defense but I have no concerns he can be an adequate enough defender. His value for the Spurs is on the offensive end. There is no one on the spurs with his level of athleticism( an area of weakness on the Spurs as a team on the whole) and it's not like he is only a leaper and finisher, he has an excellent looking jump shot. He has the upside of a top offensive scorer in the league. The spurs will remain stuck in mediocrity until they find a couple of go-to elite top level offensive players.

Hard to believe he's the same age as Primo as Sharpe looks so much bigger and stronger and explosive to the basket.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This guy thinks he’s going to come in straight away and be the go to guy…we’ll, not with passes like that in the clip.
    Jumps in the air and turns and throws a blind pass that would be easily picked off if not for 3 on 3.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This guy thinks he’s going to come in straight away and be the go to guy…we’ll, not with passes like that in the clip.
    Jumps in the air and turns and throws a blind pass that would be easily picked off if not for 3 on 3.
    this guy is going to be the biggest robber of a team’s time and money similar to Kwame Brown

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't imagine trying to coach this kid. My pet theory is Kenny Atkinson caught wind that Charlotte wants to trade up and draft Sharpe and he noped the out of there.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't imagine trying to coach this kid. My pet theory is Kenny Atkinson caught wind that Charlotte wants to trade up and draft Sharpe and he noped the out of there.
    Now you're making stuff up. Don't understand the hatred for this kid.

Rylan Stiles on Locked On Thunder talked about Sharpe and he wants him on the Thunder.

Stiles explained the nonsense concerns many on Spurs Talk are so worried about and wants him on the Thunder.

You guys act like a bunch of scared females.
    Last edited by rascal; 06-21-2022 at 12:07 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I got Shaedon falling out of the top-10. Kid just seems like a dumbass and a selfish player. The fact he said he thinks he can guard 1-5 in the NBA is hilarious to me.

I mean sometimes you can chalk up kids saying stupid to them just being young and dumb. But his overall personality and vibe is just off-putting to me. He’ll still go in the lottery cause teams are obsessed with potential, but I wouldn’t wanna be the team that drafts him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If a team is making drafting this ing idiot a priority, I'm getting the out of there. It's not a serious franchise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I honestly can't tell with this kid whether it's genuine delusions or whether I'm being duped into some ultimate team drop parlay.
    The answers are in all honesty, text book narcissism that would alienate even the most stringent supporters (sans family and rascal).
    We won't have long to find out which...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like I posted above, teams are obsessed with potential, so it’s easy to see a team taking him somewhere between 5–8, despite his terrible interviews. I just wouldn’t want to be the team that picks him that high. Talented, sure. But so many red flags for a guy that hasn’t played organized basketball in a year and a half.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I honestly can't tell with this kid whether it's genuine delusions or whether I'm being duped into some ultimate team drop parlay.
    The answers are in all honesty, text book narcissism that would alienate even the most stringent supporters (sans family and rascal).

That interview — The fact that he purposely and willingly sat out the season instead of playing because he wanted to protect his draft stock is lame as . When have we ever seen a player do that? A guy that was completely healthy and eligible to play just be like, “Ehh it. I’m just gonna chill and do my own thing until the draft.”

Where’s the compe ive fire? Teams like guys who live in the gym. Who can’t wait to lace ‘em up and compete. Who wanna be the best and prove it to the world. Not this lazy, selfish .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Be careful, rascal, these guys are experts.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That interview — The fact that he purposely and willingly sat out the season instead of playing because he wanted to protect his draft stock is lame as . When have we ever seen a player do that? A guy that was completely healthy and eligible to play just be like, “Ehh it. I’m just gonna chill and do my own thing until the draft.”

Where’s the compe ive fire? Teams like guys who live in the gym. Who can’t wait to lace ‘em up and compete. Who wanna be the best and prove it to the world. Not this lazy, selfish .
    Wiseman and Jalen Johnson cant' miss talent that pops athletically opted not to lose money by being drafted lower. Jalen did drop and Wiseman came out with zero feel. Maybe it is different with Shaedon but the interviews are horrible and does not look like he is in game shape.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean Jalen Green went 2nd overall last year and I think Sharpe has close to the same upside as him. He does seem like a prick but I think he goes top 12 which is still impressive for a kid that scouts only have HS footage of him and some NBA workouts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Cancelled his workout at #10 after his workout at #9. Looks like the Spurs promised him he won’t fall past them at 9.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cancelled his workout at #10 after his workout at #9. Looks like the Spurs promised him he won’t fall past them at 9.
    "Goddamn it, how can we finally get Pop to retire?"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do'nt know if it's just plain sabotage (teams are not that stupid) but there's something you can't fake, it's that arrogant, full of himself while clueless, body language and at ude. Kid has cancer written all over him. Will force his trade at the first occasion, no thanks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean Jalen Green went 2nd overall last year and I think Sharpe has close to the same upside as him. He does seem like a prick but I think he goes top 12 which is still impressive for a kid that scouts only have HS footage of him and some NBA workouts.
    Jalen Green is much bigger, a WORLD CLASS athlete, and he didn’t sit out 18 months.

Thread Information