Page 138 of 293 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142148188238 ... LastLast
Results 3,426 to 3,450 of 7304
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Re: AZ, read mid's last post in this thread. We'll see if that holds up or not soon.
    I guess "anything can happen" but the math is against him.

The previous distributions that gave the Trump the boost were D25/R45/I36 and D26/R36/I36.

Then after Maricopa is tallied, Pima is next, which largely skew Dem.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So do some of these states lock a couple old ladies in a dark room and force them to count millions of paper ballots by hand or what? You telling me in the year 2020 there's not a more efficient way to do this? Even with mail in ballots, they aren't on some kind of scantron sheet that can be quickly counted by a machine?

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Few issues with the increased mail ballots.

1. Having a machine count the votes is fine. Each ballot still needs to be screened for validity and/or discrepancies, i.e. matching signatures, matching addresses, random marks. That still takes time before allowing a machine to read each ballot. Even after running them thru the machines, there’s still usually some kind of quality control phase to certify the votes. Also takes time.

2. The whole huge increased number of mail ballots this election made some of the state laws dealing with mail ballots outdated. But in states like Michigan, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania, their state legislatures did not change the laws on how to handle them, even though the state officials tried to update those laws. Pretty sure in each of those states, state law did not allow them to count mail ballots until Elections Day even if they received them early. And in the case of Pennsylvania, they counted ALL the in-person votes before they even started with the mail ballots. Compare to a state like Florida that because it has a long history and a lot of experience dealing with a huge number of mail ballots has become much more efficient handling the large amount of mail ballots with its state laws and accompanying infrastructure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We had the pandemic for almost 1 year. Noone lifted a finger to prepare for mass mail ballot.

Stuff of 3rd world holes I tell ya

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also if you are not prepared why allow so many maul ballots. Plenty countries had elections this year. In person no problem. Russia had elections, no problem.

bolivia just had elections past month where 90% voted in person. They finished their count in 3 days

3rd world no 4th world hole

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Also if you are not prepared why allow so many maul ballots. Plenty countries had elections this year. In person no problem. Russia had elections, no problem.

bolivia just had elections past month where 90% voted in person. They finished their count in 3 days

3rd world no 4th world hole
    The cost of modernizing our election technology, procedures, etc would literally be the cost of like 3 fighter planes but we both know what Murica would rather spend money on.

Apparently there are parts of Northern Maine that still count ballots by hand

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The cost of modernizing our election technology, procedures, etc would literally be the cost of like 3 fighter planes but we both know what Murica would rather spend money on.

Apparently there are parts of Northern Maine that still count ballots by hand
    Typical american logic.

Would rather eat and die in a covid infested rathole as long as the jets are roaring in the air defending freedom in Iraq

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    In Michigan, Democrats introduced a bill in State Congress to allow state polls to start counting early mail ballots a week before Election Day. Republicans control the state legislature. They shot it down. Their logic was that it would allow for fraud to happen. In reality, they were just following the lead of the current president. Trump wanted this to happen in states like Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania. If those states waited to count mail ballots his campaign team knew would be heavily in favor of Biden, he could build leads in those states with in-person votes, and then discredit and ultimately challenge the validity of counting the mail ballots. His campaign team had foreseen this scenario, envisioned it, planned for it accordingly. Trump wanted this chaos. He wanted this whole show.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    We had the pandemic for almost 1 year. Noone lifted a finger to prepare for mass mail ballot.

Stuff of 3rd world holes I tell ya
    This.

And they had to have known if the election was close then this would cause mass distrust of the system overall.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    In Michigan, Democrats introduced a bill in State Congress to allow state polls to start counting early mail ballots a week before Election Day. Republicans control the state legislature. They shot it down. Their logic was that it would allow for fraud to happen. In reality, they were just following the lead of the current president. Trump wanted this to happen in states like Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania. If those states waited to count mail ballots his campaign team knew would be heavily in favor of Biden, he could build leads in those states with in-person votes, and then discredit and ultimately challenge the validity of counting the mail ballots. His campaign team had foreseen this scenario, envisioned it, planned for it accordingly. Trump wanted this chaos. He wanted this whole show.
    Not Trump, all Republicans. Republicans actively work to make government look incompetent and chaotic in every way because it helps them make their “government bad!” Argument. It goes back well before this election but I agree, in this case Trump wanted to drag vote counting out so his rube supporters would think the election was rigged.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    But remember Trump encouraged and praised the mail voting procedures of Florida. Never questioned anything about it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    which news source is the best? seems like all the media are playing the narrative
    AP

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    This.

And they had to have known if the election was close then this would cause mass distrust of the system overall.
    Read Jamstone’s post. It was your party that refused to change things so the election would be decided sooner.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    couple this with the interference of the United States Postal Service

what is clear is the Republicans do not want mail in ballots simply because they have determined they are more likely to lose. there are people that asked for mail in ballots that never received them and had to find a way to the polls. This disproportionately affects poor people. So now we have Republicans who are going to claim people received mailed ballots that showed up at the polls. Red team clearly believes it needs to be difficult to vote. The rules to ensure voter fraud does not happen has attempted to be cured by having people bring in their birth certificate, drivers license, photo ID from work together in a notarized pack. (See ducks)

hater just completely forget certain very large issues like the attempted dismantling of the United States Postal Service abilities during an election held during a pandemic

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your beliefs aren't grounded in pragmatism though. There's absolutely zero reason that A) married couples should get any exclusive benefits and B) Gays should not have every benefit straight couples have. It should not be distinguished that a couple is Gay or straight, only that they are married and even then I'd be OK with doing away with marriage altogether.
    I agree with this

Everyone should file single... married filing jointly is bogus.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting

When Blacks are in the streets, they're covid super spreaders
    When Whites are in the streets, it's okay, they're outside

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump is primed to steal AZ. But Dems seem really primed to steal PA and possibly GA in addition to the states they've already stolen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dont worry, i'm sure they'll "find" the votes

right DarrinS?

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    AZCentral is calling Arizona for Biden

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its all about PA tbqh. Forget the other states, they will be tied up with legal battles. But PA is a turkey. If Trump ends up on top or if its very close, we wont know who is the next prez until the Supreme Court steps in on January.

Only hope of a quick resolution is if Biden somehow wins it by a decent margin. Which is doubtful.

Sorry to say fellas, this looks like a case for the Supreme Court. Tighten those anuses.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But remember Trump encouraged and praised the mail voting procedures of Florida. Never questioned anything about it.
    thats because he had to answer why he votes by mail for florida

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its all about PA tbqh. Forget the other states, they will be tied up with legal battles. But PA is a turkey. If Trump ends up on top or if its very close, we wont know who is the next prez until the Supreme Court steps in on January.

Only hope of a quick resolution is if Biden somehow wins it by a decent margin. Which is doubtful.

Sorry to say fellas, this looks like a case for the Supreme Court. Tighten those anuses.

are you calling this one too?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    AZCentral is calling Arizona for Biden
    Are they accurate?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Called it

Thread Information