Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It always been about balance of power. It's sad and hilarious at the same time to see the million of excuses from your average NAdolph89, but at the end of the day is all about that fear of losing the upper hand.

After 300-400 years, they still have the upper hand, despite they've lost ground through slavery first, after being the giant losers in the Civil War, then the fight against the right to vote for colored people and women, then some more during the Civil Rights movement.

And it's going to continue to be chipped away gradually, because it's wrong, and they know it's wrong. That's why I don't particularly care much about the armed white supremacist argument, because they can't possibly win hearts and minds in the long run.

Will they eventually panic and might get ugly for a while? sure. But, IMO, we're moving towards an inevitable righting of a wrong, that frankly took too long.
    But ES is talking about strategic maneuvers and long game planning. You're talking about social media, knee jerk reactionaries who buy into narrative and have a cause O'the day calendar. These people didn't really get the bricks planted in streets and other setups that were put right in front of them by groups with more complex agendas than a feel good outing and sitting cross-legged chanting feel good phrases while live streaming.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like conservatives are not manipulators, Irak war anyone? When republicans manipulate, millions die.
    8 years of a democratic POTUS and Iraq was still occupied, as was GITMO. Don't act like the two sides don't lock together like legos.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like conservatives are not manipulators, Irak war anyone? When republicans manipulate, millions die.
    So you concede that Dems and the media are manipulating women and minorities to achieve their political agenda. That's shameful considering I constantly hear about minorities living in fear and that is in large part the result of Dem manipulation. That's torture.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone comment that Pop fired George Floyd's twin brother right before the promised land of the 2013 playoffs after he worked all season to help us get there, because he wouldn't admit a white person was better than him?
    He didn’t beat him or shoot him while he was unarmed. There was also this black guy, Danny Green, involved.

Jack worked hard to F the team up by constantly complaining about his role, and literally beating the out of DG in practice. It’s not a coincidence that with Jack Jettisoned, DG had a world class 3 point shooting Finals.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But ES is talking about strategic maneuvers and long game planning. You're talking about social media, knee jerk reactionaries who buy into narrative and have a cause O'the day calendar. These people didn't really get the bricks planted in streets and other setups that were put right in front of them by groups with more complex agendas than a feel good outing and sitting cross-legged chanting feel good phrases while live streaming.
    The first line of my post was, but the rest pretty much talks about what I feel is going to happen long term. I would add social media has been a game changer in more ways than one, for good and bad, but undeniably a disruptor.

Bandwaggoner since '73 stepmonkey's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you concede that Dems and the media are manipulating women and minorities to achieve their political agenda.
    Just like the Repubs are manipulating ignorant white people to achieve theirs.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As a minority, yes we do live in fear. And if you as a White person want to keep invalidating it then I suggest you go live in a country where you are the minority.

In fact I’ll give you an example, go stay in the local areas of Hawaii, they hate white people like yourself and it would be fantastic to see how you were treated and how you would maybe understand what people of color and minorities have been wanting.
    The experience of a minority in the US isn't equivalent to me being a minority in many countries.

See I wrote the above before I looked at your example in the 2nd paragraph. Which is a terrible example. There is a reason America gets so many illegals immigrants and legal immigrants. There is a reason Asians are the highest earners. We currently have multiple billion dollar companies implementing racist policies to benefit minorities. It's really not bad to be a minority in America.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As a minority, yes we do live in fear. And if you as a White person want to keep invalidating it then I suggest you go live in a country where you are the minority.

In fact I’ll give you an example, go stay in the local areas of Hawaii, they hate white people like yourself and it would be fantastic to see how you were treated and how you would maybe understand what people of color and minorities have been wanting.
    Also if you live in fear then you should hate both the media and Democrats for instilling that fear.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah only white people are racist smh.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I worked on Capitol Hill. Guess who were the ones that treated me with respect, dignity, and as an equal person? Democrats.

Guess who treated me like I was below them and the s of the earth for the color of my skin? Republicans.

Maybe you should take a look in the mirror and say "I'm a racist" as many times as you can. Then you will finally be able to live with yourself instead of calling all this stuff lies.
    Studies show leftists dumb down their vocabulary when speaking to black people. I'm happy that came away with the impression that they respect you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He didn’t beat him or shoot him while he was unarmed. There was also this black guy, Danny Green, involved.

Jack worked hard to F the team up by constantly complaining about his role, and literally beating the out of DG in practice. It’s not a coincidence that with Jack Jettisoned, DG had a world class 3 point shooting Finals.
    But that's basketball. Narrative don't give a about reality.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I worked on Capitol Hill. Guess who were the ones that treated me with respect, dignity, and as an equal person? Democrats.

Guess who treated me like I was below them and the s of the earth for the color of my skin? Republicans.

Maybe you should take a look in the mirror and say "I'm a racist" as many times as you can. Then you will finally be able to live with yourself instead of calling all this stuff lies.
    And because of that you have surmised that all Republicans must be racist ? Overreact much?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As a Rockets fan it boggles my mind how a lot of ya’ll can talk about Pop. You’re gonna miss him when he’s finally gone
    Not as much as we miss Tim, Manu, Tony, and David.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nathan & backhome are clowns........I’m sorry I meant cowards! Is that dumbed down enough for you? I want to embarrass you

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tell us how smart you really are; some of us beat you at your own game sucker! Fear is a of a weapon......until they stop being scared

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And because of that you have surmised that all Republicans must be racist ? Overreact much?
    There’s no all in anything sport but I will say the majority of the ones I’ve met are really suspect!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    8 years of a democratic POTUS and Iraq was still occupied, as was GITMO. Don't act like the two sides don't lock together like legos.
    You actually take Trump serious and this version of the Republicans huh?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    It's funny because I know plenty of them, some Trump republicans, some not a big fan of him, and none of them seem to be racist in anyway, whatsoever.

Just out of curiosity, what is it that makes a person racist? What do they have to say or do to be considered"suspect"?

There’s no all in anything sport but I will say the majority of the ones I’ve met are really suspect!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's funny because I know plenty of them, some Trump republicans, some not a big fan of him, and none of them seem to be racist in anyway, whatsoever.

Just out of curiosity, what is it that makes a person racist? What do they have to say or do to be considered"suspect"?
    you have a lot of samples just going through this forum...

stop playing the dumb

also none of the trump supporters you know are racists ? really how that possible ?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is it really necessary to engage in conversation on a topic that is built on opinion? This topic has been discussed at nauseam and because you can’t definitively prove the condition of a persons heart, racist or not racist can be chalked up to conjecture.
    I personally am out of the business of convincing people ( if the shoe was on the other foot ) of admitting bias/injustice exist through laws/policies in a disturbing way at the peril of minorities.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ducks, what I gotta do to get you to speak? I just want to embarrass you.....that’s all! Nathan you will do though

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fake little boys.......living fake little lives! Let’s get to the facts...

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Thanks for the long post. I grew up in black ghettos. I have also served in the military among people from all over the place and many different cultures. Race has honestly never really been a thing to me. I judge people by how they conduct/carry themselves; so perhaps I am being a bit naive to think or assume that most others feel the same.

I have not been pulled over by the police in 15 years. And when I was pulled over I was actually breaking a law. So I can not relate to your situation. I have been under the impression that things have improved since the 90's with cell phone and body cams, etc. But if your situation is typical, then it obviously has not improved as much as I have assumed.

As far as the posters here, I have not read all their posts and honestly, people say on here sometimes just out of boredom trying to get a rise out of others. So who knows how they really feel. I'm just saying of the conservatives I interact with, they show no obvious outward sign of racism to me. I hear no racial slurs or open type bigotry like I used to hear, quite commonly, decades ago. Implicit bias is a thing, and I'm sure it exists on all fronts. You are probably holding some implicit bias against white folks you don't know because of bad experiences in the past. But you are also likely not a racist. So I do not think it's fair to fling that racist le around as often as you do at others.

My 2 cents.

I will say you don’t seem to be as big of a white supremacist trump groupie as Nathan89 but it’s ridiculous you are saying none of them are racist in anyway. Do you see what Nathan89, a giant ing racist is saying? “I’m not racist” Do you think anyone wants to admit they are racist? Also most racists usually don’t say racist out loud.

I mean saying BLM is a media lie or not real or a hoax is moronic and racist. I think you already hopefully know that.

Calling the Coronavirus plague is racist because you are now giving a population of people a bad image When it was only a small people that started it. Call it coronavirus not labeling it something that can get Chinese people mistreated.

Thinking White privilege doesn’t exist is pretty ignorant. How many times in the past year have you been stopped by a cop and had your car searched for drugs or weapons? I’ve had it happen 7 times in past year and I’ve literally never used any type of drug or weapon in my life. And I’ve driven both my car and my wife’s and I’m the only one that’s been stopped.

Not noticing that black people get treated tier and also people of color do as well here in the US.

I would implore you to try and learn and listen what it’s like for a day in the life as a black person or person of color.

Secondly , It’s called implicit bias.

Also known as implicit social cognition, implicit bias refers to the at udes or stereotypes that affect our understanding, actions, and decisions in an unconscious manner. These biases, which encompass both favorable and unfavorable assessments, are activated involuntarily and without an individual’s awareness or intentional control. Residing deep in the subconscious, these biases are different from known biases that individuals may choose to conceal for the purposes of social and/or political correctness. Rather, implicit biases are not accessible through introspection.

The implicit associations we harbor in our subconscious cause us to have feelings and at udes about other people based on characteristics such as race, ethnicity, age, and appearance. These associations develop over the course of a lifetime beginning at a very early age through exposure to direct and indirect messages. In addition to early life experiences, the media and news programming are often-cited origins of implicit associations.

A Few Key Characteristics of Implicit Biases

Implicit biases are pervasive. Everyone possesses them, even people with avowed commitments to impartiality such as judges.
    Implicit and explicit biases are related but distinct mental constructs. They are not mutually exclusive and may even reinforce each other.
    The implicit associations we hold do not necessarily align with our declared beliefs or even reflect stances we would explicitly endorse.
    We generally tend to hold implicit biases that favor our own ingroup, though research has shown that we can still hold implicit biases against our ingroup.
    Implicit biases are malleable. Our brains are incredibly complex, and the implicit associations that we have formed can be gradually unlearned through a variety of debiasing techniques.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Exactly, we can not prove implicit biases and/or true feelings of others. It's merely conjecture to attempt to do so, especially when interacting with people virtually.... that we have never even met.... And it's unfair.

Is it really necessary to engage in conversation on a topic that is built on opinion? This topic has been discussed at nauseam and because you can’t definitively prove the condition of a persons heart, racist or not racist can be chalked up to conjecture.
    I personally am out of the business of convincing people ( if the shoe was on the other foot ) of admitting bias/injustice exist through laws/policies in a disturbing way at the peril of minorities.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly, we can not prove implicit biases and/or true feelings of others. It's merely conjecture to attempt to do so, especially when interacting with people virtually.... that we have never even met.... And it's unfair.
    My invitation stands.....I’ll disclose to them who I am and how we can role up our sleeves to bring about change������

Thread Information