Page 44 of 115 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494 ... LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 2866
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm calling it now. The Spurs will win the third pick in the lottery and draft Obi Toppin. ...............................
    They’ll never use a top 4 pick on a defensive dud.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They’ll never use a top 4 pick on a defensive dud.
    You mean offensive dude ? Cause toppin is Not a very good defender but he is good offensively.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bruh that's only 1" more than Keldon's wingspan

SloMo, DJ, Metu all failed to gain muscle mass

It's all wishful thinking

For much of the length disadvantage you whine on Keldon about, Vassell is the exact same thing. It doesnt make sense... Again, your whole basis on this lacks any time spent on watching the dude. If you watch the 1 hr and 30 minute video, you'll see he doesnt have much success vs lanky players that you'd see in the NBA
    According to this, Keldon's wingspan is 6'9"

https://www.nbadraft.net/players/keldon-johnson/

And that's one of the paces that has him at 6'6".

How would having a SF with an almost 7 foot wingspan would be giving a length advantage?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You mean offensive dude ? Cause toppin is Not a very good defender but he is good offensively.
    Dud means a failure. Didn’t type Dude.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dud means a failure. Didn’t type Dude.
    My bad and I agree about toppin.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no. Watch him in an interview and find out why.
    Oh, a knucklehead? No wonder the Dubs are drooling over him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    According to this, Keldon's wingspan is 6'9"

https://www.nbadraft.net/players/keldon-johnson/

And that's one of the paces that has him at 6'6".

How would having a SF with an almost 7 foot wingspan would be giving a length advantage?
    Sigh I give up. You can hang your hat on Vassell. Who the cares. He'll be this year's Nassir Little because people are so enamored by the stupid they read online and don't actually watch the players they spew out.

Its hard to argue with you when youre all over the place and contradicting your own views and wants. Youre stubborn as to admit it too.

Ill say it again... Vassell's defense is good against 1-3, not 3-5 which you have stated is important for this team. Watch the ing 1 hour 30 minute video on him. Take time to have informed thoughts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Paul Reed
    Daniel Oturu
    Zeke Nnaji
    Xavier Tillman
    Jordan Nwora
    I think Paul Reed and Daniel Oturu will be gone before that pick. If not both would be great pick ups. I think both of those guys go late 1st or early 2nd round.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Paul Reed and Daniel Oturu will be gone before that pick. If not both would be great pick ups. I think both of those guys go late 1st or early 2nd round.
    The Spurs picked up Quinndary last year and really... He came out of the blue. The 2nd round will be unpredictable as . I thought i did a lot of research on players last year but Q just came out of nowhere.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

At 2:20
    "Offense is offense but on defense if you can stop a team from scoring, i feel like that holds more weight than scoring."

"We dont get too high or too low"

The way their coach is described, he sounds like Popovich.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs picked up Quinndary last year and really... He came out of the blue. The 2nd round will be unpredictable as . I thought i did a lot of research on players last year but Q just came out of nowhere.

So true. No telling who the team picks with the 1st rounder and the 2nd round pick is even more up in the air.

I just know if Reed or Oturu are available at our 2nd round slot I would be ecstatic with either player. I'm really excited about the draft

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So true. No telling who the team picks with the 1st rounder and the 2nd round pick is even more up in the air.

I just know if Reed or Oturu are available at our 2nd round slot I would be ecstatic with either player. I'm really excited about the draft
    You have to think they have to move on from 1 of Aldridge, Poetl, or Eubanks if they draft Oturu, unless Oturu can play the 4.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

For one of the 1st round picks last year, there were a couple signs that were a dead giveaway that they were drafting Luka... One being reports of RC going overseas to scout him.

Guess what RC did this year? He scouted Deni overseas.

*Crosses fingers*

Johnson though, I did not see coming probably because of my bias to high performing stats in college. This opened my eyes for this year...paying attention to players who did not get the spotlight on his team due to the system in place by the coach. >>>>Patrick Williams is an example. Patrick's propensity to make a smart pass and great understanding for spacing shows me he is a high IQ player. We'd be getting a solid role player immediately if Pop plays him in his rookie year.
    Last edited by Dejounte; 08-15-2020 at 10:52 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Robert Woodard is kind of a discount Patrick Williams, older and without the scoring potential, but he could be there in the second round. Malik Fitts also as a second rounder I think is interesting, kind of like a broken down Marvin Williams.

Vassell is okay, maybe could top out like a Doug Christie?

I still love Patrick Williams. This video doesn't cover his defensive movement weaknesses or possible leg imbalances and body concerns, and also doesn't cover his passing at all. But it's okay.

I have to watch more Deni before the lottery and they get stuck at 11 and the potential of getting him or Obi goes to next to zero and kills my interest in watching tape.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Q came out of Portsmouth, just like Derrick did.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I'll have to try and watch more of that channels videos even though they give me a headache.

BUT one thing that does disappoint me a lot with some of their videos is how early in the season they did them. Some of these guys are very young and the videos only do half their season, but the players get better as the season goes along (hopefully) and by cutting off so early in the season it might leave an inaccurate impression.

For instance, Patrick Williams video going by the date posted is missing at least his last 15 games, and he only played 29.

Vassell's video is missing his last 15 games.

Woodard's video is missing his last 20! games.

Achiuwa is missing his last 24 games.

Tyler Bey's only missing his last 6 and he's older so maybe with him it's not that drastic.

Oturu's is missing his last 16. Isaiah Stewart is missing his last 26. Josh Green missing his last 22.

And so on and so on with Obi Toppin, Paul Reed, Okoro et al all missing the last 25 or so games of their seasons.

Hopefully the channel updates or there's some other videos that do these kind of long deep dives.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll have to try and watch more of that channels videos even though they give me a headache.

BUT one thing that does disappoint me a lot with some of their videos is how early in the season they did them. Some of these guys are very young and the videos only do half their season, but the players get better as the season goes along (hopefully) and by cutting off so early in the season it might leave an inaccurate impression.

For instance, Patrick Williams video going by the date posted is missing at least his last 15 games, and he only played 29.

Vassell's video is missing his last 15 games.

Woodard's video is missing his last 20! games.

Achiuwa is missing his last 24 games.

Tyler Bey's only missing his last 6 and he's older so maybe with him it's not that drastic.

Oturu's is missing his last 16. Isaiah Stewart is missing his last 26. Josh Green missing his last 22.

And so on and so on with Obi Toppin, Paul Reed, Okoro et al all missing the last 25 or so games of their seasons.

Hopefully the channel updates or there's some other videos that do these kind of long deep dives.
    I agree but there's still major value in these as you see things that probably wont see drastic change over another 15 games, which includes: shooting form, natural tendencies, spacing IQ, and a few more. The latter half of games might show an increased amount of field goals made, probably better defense, but i disagree it would show a whole lot more.

I think i mistook baseline bum as you earlier in this thread lmao

The PWill video in the channel shows his knack for passing. It showed me that he's really skilled in that regard. Hes a pass first forward and showed unselfishness. Really knows how to be a system player which tells me he would fit in as a Spur very easily. Like I said earlier, he knows how to pick his spots to shoot and doesnt force anything when its a bad shot. To me, that kind of IQ is HUGE and ive watched many other prospects that dont display that kind of maturity.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I rave about Pat a lot but I just want to reiterate how miles apart he is from Deni. I was watching Deni again today and damn.... I cant believe he isnt going #1. Dude is destined for s om. Here's hoping we get lucky in four days...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sigh I give up. You can hang your hat on Vassell. Who the cares. He'll be this year's Nassir Little because people are so enamored by the stupid they read online and don't actually watch the players they spew out.

Its hard to argue with you when youre all over the place and contradicting your own views and wants. Youre stubborn as to admit it too.

Ill say it again... Vassell's defense is good against 1-3, not 3-5 which you have stated is important for this team. Watch the ing 1 hour 30 minute video on him. Take time to have informed thoughts.
    Dude, I clearly stated that I based my list solely on reading different scouting reports, analyzing stats and watching tapes, so I won't ever argue about their play because I have never watched them play a full game. I will, however, set the tale straight about basic facts. So, if you tell me "Vessel and Keldon are the same length" I can easily state the fact that Keldon is listed at 6'9" by most sites while Vassell is anywhere from 6'10" to 7 feet.
    Last edited by DAF86; 08-16-2020 at 06:46 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you watch the entirety of Vassell's video, you will see his awful Kobe like shot selection, his thin frame (weighs 180lb?), and his average height for a SF. He would be a bad fit on this team. We need strength and length.

He gives NO SPACING AT ALL even from the first play in that hardwood hoops central video

Watch Deni, Patrick Williams, and Precious Achiuwa
    According to this site, Achiuwa's weaknesses are exactly that:

I hadn't watched him yet, he seems more like an undersized Center than a real forward on today's NBA, tbh. Dude can't shoot, plays mostly as a screen and roller (isn't a ball handling guy), and seems a bit awkard moving his feet on defense in the perimeter. Again, I'm only tape watching so I won't be defenite about anything, but he doesn't seem like the type of player we need.

By Deni, you mean Avidja? I have actually seen some games of him. He's definitely intriguing but the chances of him being a total bust are pretty high too. Textbook high-risk high-reward guy. He is actually very Samanic like: tall but has t-rex arms (only 6'9" wingpan for a 6'8" guy), has shooting potential but he doesn't actually shoot a high % from 3, could be easily bullied around at the NBA level. If your focal points are strength and length, then Avidja isn't the guy to be looking at. Anyway, I doubt the Spurs go that route a year away from having drafted Samanic, tbh.
    Last edited by DAF86; 08-16-2020 at 06:51 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Avdija is nothing like Samanic... Their games are nothing alike.

Precious' appeal is his potential as a strong forward and to be a Kawhi/ Giannis/ LeBron stopper. His strength is unmatched. I go in-depth about this way back in this thread. I'm aware of his current weaknesses.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Been watching more Deni and I see why he'll probably be gone well before 11

He really is like a discount Doncic which is pretty good for this draft. He's leagues beyond Samanic though they don't exactly play the same position.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Been watching more Deni and I see why he'll probably be gone well before 11

He really is like a discount Doncic which is pretty good for this draft. He's leagues beyond Samanic though they don't exactly play the same position.
    His speed is the gamechanger. Also, his offensive arsenal seems advanced. Making an MJ fadeaway made me go whoa. But finally, his will to win. There's simply players who know what it takes to win and these guys always end up setting themselves apart from others.

To DAF86: Strength and length isnt the reason I want Deni. It's his surefire s om in the NBA is why I want him. Whereas with you, you constantly preach about us needing a player to defend SFs in the NBA and then end up desiring a player who clearly doesnt have the traits to do so.

Ive just come to accept you and I have different eyes for these things. I was where you are at years ago. Maybe if you take this seriously, in a few years your eye for these things will develop. In comparison, objective knows his . This guy has great insights and really pays attention to detail.

Instead of stats... Tell me, how is he scoring? How fast does he look? Where does he like to shoot? Does he have good ball handling? What do you notice about his ball handling? Spacing? Does he hustle to get rebounds? Does he box out? There's so much more to pay attention to that's important to scouting a player.
    Last edited by Dejounte; 08-16-2020 at 11:21 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's the move I was referencing at 9:27:

He uses the glass, too. That's an ELITE move. None of the prospects so far I've watched has that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People aren’t gonna like it probably but if the spurs have the opportunity to trade our pick plus Lonnie to grab him you gotta do it imo. I can’t see Deni falling to us

Thread Information