Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jesus what a terrible game. Still, it really doesn't matter that much. Browns once went 4-0 in Preseason, we know what happened afterwards.

DJ was really good when he's not forced to set up a halfcourt offense.
    Vassell is a breath of fresh air.
    Gay looks efficient or at least as efficient as Rudy Gay will get in this reality.

I wouldn't be to concerned with the other vets yet. Sure, LA has been a trainwreck so far, but I guess he will be good with a few real games under his belt.

Lonnie on the other hand should have something to prove. No reason for him to half-ass preseason.

Opening week rotations, our best bet might be Murray-Walker-DD-Lyles-LA.
    Yes, Lyles. Luka is not ready to start (yet), and Gay might be able to score big on second units. Lyles did terrible off the bench, but maybe if he's relegated to doing nothing but board and catch&shoot instead of scrubbing up midrange isos, his negative impact might be smaller. Although I'd be much, much happier if Luka was somehow NBA-ready in a few weeks...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know either way we loosing it doesn’t matter if we go with the kids or the vets we lottery bound which is great cause we not bringing in All Star players through free agency.

The only bad thing is that was really hoping that Murray and Walker would have shown that they can be part of the future at this point the answer is NOPE. Murray right now is a decent bench player one that that I noticed in pre season games is for a PG he has shown ZERO ability to drive into the paint and kick it out. And when ball is in half court he has shown ZERO ability to beat his man down and take it to the rim all he does is drives in maybe 3 feet and as soon as defense closes he passes it out.

Walker I feel for but I just don’t think he is a basketball player and I don’t think he has the mental toughness to make it in the NBA I wish and hope I am wrong.

As far as Poodle like I said before he is a good backup but he is not a starter but he still needs to work on his offense game and stop acting like a rookie and start playing like a Vet.

Then we have White a guy who I like but his foot issues are starting to remind me of KY hamstring issues.

Then we have old man Pop .........................................

In Tank I Trust ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Things are tough to evaluate with White and KJ out, but it's depressing to see the same scenario that popped up so often last season: DeRozan leading the team in minutes while also having the worst +/-. I'm optimistic about a future White/KJ/Vassell trio, but I just wonder at what the plan is going forward. There's a ton of cap space next year, but I don't see too many realistic FAs for the Spurs. Those wild dreams of Giannis coming are gone, and none of the other top FAs fit timeline or need. Maybe a guy like Harry Giles has a breakout season, maybe the Magic give up on the injured Jonathan Isaac if Okeke plays well, maybe John Collins becomes available... but all of these involve risk-- injury history w/ Giles & Isaac, max contract expectations from Collins, who is good but not a max impact guy.

It seems like packaging LA or DDR with a younger player like Murray and/or Walker and/or a draft pick is the best option to land something plausibly good in return. I'm not anti-Aldridge, but as he'll turn 36 this season, he just doesn't fit the timeline for a future Spurs playoff contender anymore. DeRozan, for me, does nothing except keep the team treading in the average category, maybe being a .500 team. If he's a principle piece & minutes leader, the Spurs simply have no chance to be elite. I'll be thrilled if Walker takes a big step forward this year, but I'm not counting on it. Man, it's going to be a long season...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know either way we loosing it doesn’t matter if we go with the kids or the vets we lottery bound which is great cause we not bringing in All Star players through free agency.

The only bad thing is that was really hoping that Murray and Walker would have shown that they can be part of the future at this point the answer is NOPE. Murray right now is a decent bench player one that that I noticed in pre season games is for a PG he has shown ZERO ability to drive into the paint and kick it out. And when ball is in half court he has shown ZERO ability to beat his man down and take it to the rim all he does is drives in maybe 3 feet and as soon as defense closes he passes it out.

Walker I feel for but I just don’t think he is a basketball player and I don’t think he has the mental toughness to make it in the NBA I wish and hope I am wrong.

As far as Poodle like I said before he is a good backup but he is not a starter but he still needs to work on his offense game and stop acting like a rookie and start playing like a Vet.

Then we have White a guy who I like but his foot issues are starting to remind me of KY hamstring issues.

Then we have old man Pop .........................................

In Tank I Trust ...
    So this was the straw that broke the camel's back. I'm tired of the conjecture. I had to self-teach myself how to make GIFS.

"Zero ability to drive into the paint and kick it out":

"No vision":

"No vision, no passing skills":

"Zero ability to drive into the paint and find a good pass":

"Can't drive into the paint and make a bucket":

"No finishing skills, can't pull off a fast break":

"Can't beat his man, can't drive to the basket. Didn't improve his speed or quickness":

"He still hesitates too much":

"Can't drive and dish":

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the reviews guys. I think we won’t get to see what they can really do without White and Johnson. They were the better players in the bubble. The fact both are coming back from injury though is not a good omen.

Anyways, again thanks for the comments for those who didn’t watch it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    omg theres alot of idiot spurs fans up in this ... no wonder laker fans hate us

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Demar, Rudy and LA in the line up together is an absolute disaster. The fact that Dejounte has found any ability to initiate the offense at all, look for his own shots while still trying to facilitate next to those guys is a miracle and basically the ing DBZ hyperbaric training chamber of lineups.

He is noticeably more comfortable sharing the floor with the second unit guys and I'm sure once Keldon and Derrick return they will be no different. I can't be the only ones seeing the dinosaurs ice the young guys out on offense, right? Noticeable periods of time where they don't even look to feed the ball to lonnie or dejounte.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i miss forbes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    17 points on 17 shots isn't much to write home about. Neither is a team-high four turnovers for your starting "point guard".

DJ has always been a solid rebounder and that should continue, but he's coming into his third year (not counting the one he missed due to injury) and he still doesn't seem to have any idea how to run the offense. He's terrible on the fast break unless he is trying to call his on number, he dribbles into traffic and gets himself stuck, and made several boneheaded passes last night specifically for that reason.

I think Murray still has potential to be used in other ways, but being our starting point guard ain't it unless he magically grows a basketball brain.
    His turnovers are caused by his indecisiveness to make a pass. It would benefit him a lot if DJ focuses on scoring, rebounding and playing defense. And playing D doesn’t need gambling for steals which he occasionally gets burned, staying in front, denying the pass and making harder for the opponent to score. Unfortunately, DJ is being too cute or overhyping. Stay basic and play solid.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As far as addressing things with trades this year:

The one semi-plausible trade I can think of is something involving DeRozan and salary for Blake Griffin. It kills the Spurs caproom for an extra year for sure, but I can't think of anything else that could plausibly work for any other trade partner. It makes the Spurs worse talent-wise, but the fit could have a decent result by creating more opportunities for other players at positions and roles they aren't getting enough time at now.

For the Spurs, Griffin will be a better PF than DeRozan, or at east more suited to it. He moves like busted Terry mings, but he's probably not any worse a defender than DeRozan at this point. And he shoots 3s, thought not well last year. He's a good passer for keeping the ball moving, good at feeding bigs down low, and would need a minutes limit giving more time to other players.

It's like trading bad for worse, but I can't see other trades that would help.

I don't even think Boston has enough room to be able to take Aldridge, what with his trade kicker and their hard cap.

Can you go on living knowing that a stranger on a message board is "really disappointed in you"?

Griffin would obviously need to be relatively healthy and look at least close to star caliber, but I could see DeRozan and Gay for him and Musa.

Would buy them another season with a veteran offensive focal point and cover the biggest positional need. He'd be a good fit with the youth too, given his point forward ability, willingness and sometimes capability of shooting 3s.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can you go on living knowing that a stranger on a message board is "really disappointed in you"?

Griffin would obviously need to be relatively healthy and look at least close to star caliber, but I could see DeRozan and Gay for him and Musa.

Would buy them another season with a veteran offensive focal point and cover the biggest positional need. He'd be a good fit with the youth too, given his point forward ability, willingness and sometimes capability of shooting 3s.
    Hey clown, here you go again stepping in and being disrespectful when nobody called you out. You're not innocent in this, so I'm not sure why you claimed to be yesterday. your condescending ass.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey clown, here you go again stepping in and being disrespectful when nobody called you out. You're not innocent in this, so I'm not sure why you claimed to be yesterday. your condescending ass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's up with Walker. He had a decent game before. Why was he not involved?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do laugh when people say starting Demar at PF is the answer. That's when you know you have a bad team. Even in this small ball era Demar is not capable of being a PF. This is just a bad team and it's ok that they are going to the lottery again. This team needs to keep going to the lottery until they can find their next superstar. I'm sure that's not the goal of Pop since he badly wants to go the playoffs but the irony is he's going to get them to the lottery through playing his terrible lineups.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was involved plenty. Walker just spent the game making halfhearted drives and panic-passing the instant he felt any pressure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He played half the game.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    100% pop's fault. He shouldn't have been guarding Harden, Lonnie needs the ball in his hands and not guarding anyone to conserve energy. That's how you put Lonnie in a position to succeed, no off ball stuff or guarding the best best player on the other team, just put the ball in his hands and run a thousand plays for him and let him cook. You remember the Houston game when he got a thousand points? that is the real Lonnie after the game poop used the soul box on him, now we see soulless Lonnie.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was involved plenty. Walker just spent the game making halfhearted drives and panic-passing the instant he felt any pressure.
    But why no effort?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love people talking about trade values when SA never trades .

They suck at trading and have no vision it’s so painfully obvious. Just a listless front office right now.

Also Pop has been so bad last couple seasons and he has to embrace change no matter what now. If not? He has to go.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love people talking about trade values when SA never trades .

They suck at trading and have no vision it’s so painfully obvious. Just a listless front office right now.

Also Pop has been so bad last couple seasons and he has to embrace change no matter what now. If not? He has to go.
    It is fun reading the same for a 3 years straight. Way to contribute to a game thread. What do you think about the game?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pat Williams having a Lonnie Walker type of night. 0 points in 22 minutes. Still one quarter and a half left to go in the game though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    at those saying LW would be better on another team and then fail to give a reason why and how...

Walker has been given a chance to show what he can do...

Dude has poor court awareness, not particularly skilled at anyone thing, and worst part is ...HE'S SOFT AND HE KNOWS IT...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kevin Durant....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    at those saying LW would be better on another team and then fail to give a reason why and how...

Walker has been given a chance to show what he can do...

Dude has poor court awareness, not particularly skilled at anyone thing, and worst part is ...HE'S SOFT AND HE KNOWS IT...
    Offensively, I think he has the awareness..

Thread Information