Page 1 of 26 1234511 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's do this, boys. Great game tonight for Darvish, and Berkman was pretty decent also. VERY weird to look at the standings in the AL West and see Houston next to us. Let's get that ring.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Gentry keeps up the great hitting (hes been hot all through Spring Training as well) he should be leading off with Kinsler batting 5th. Hopefully Ogando can stay consistent along with our bullpen. Its going to be an exciting year in a very compe ive division.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    If Gentry keeps up the great hitting (hes been hot all through Spring Training as well) he should be leading off with Kinsler batting 5th. Hopefully Ogando can stay consistent along with our bullpen. Its going to be an exciting year in a very compe ive division.
    This.

Cant wait to get Colby and Feliz back. That will vault our rotation and bullpen up quite a few notches.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Interesting note about Darvish's dominance, dating back to last season...

Over his last nine regular-season starts, Darvish is now 6-1 with a 2.05 ERA and has 81 strikeouts to just 15 walks in 66 innings. In that time, batters are hitting a ridiculous .159 against him with a .213 on-base percentage.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What do you guys think the Rangers should do with Jurickson Profar? Trade him, bring him up later this year? Since resigning Andrus, the Rangers have some pretty good options at the trade deadline this Summer, if they want to add a bat, or pitching imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What do you guys think the Rangers should do with Jurickson Profar? Trade him, bring him up later this year? Since resigning Andrus, the Rangers have some pretty good options at the trade deadline this Summer, if they want to add a bat, or pitching imo.
    Well they definitely aren't trading him. They've made it clear he's not on the block for any reason. I'd like them to bring him up..but then what to do with Andrus. Tough decision, though it's a good one to have.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Put him at 2nd, put Kinsler at 1st, and let Moreland/Olt be utility guys?

Is Profar ready to be a regular starter anyways? I think he needs to get some more spot work in first and prove himself.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    awesome job Nathan - 3 batters, 3 Ks

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    It will be nice to have Houston in the divison to rack up some easy wins and confidence for the team every few weeks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was a little worried about Ogando...great job.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tbh I'm really not confident that the Rangers will make the playoffs, much less get far. Luckily the season's just starting so maybe they can inspire some confidence in me. Then again, last year they got off to an amazing start and were basically mediocre the rest of the way...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tbh I'm really not confident that the Rangers will make the playoffs, much less get far. Luckily the season's just starting so maybe they can inspire some confidence in me. Then again, last year they got off to an amazing start and were basically mediocre the rest of the way...
    As much as I hate to say it, we can't have crazy expectations. After losing Hambone (as inconsistent as he was, he was still VERY clutch) and Napoli, I'm just going to have fun watching them, and hope for the best.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As much as I hate to say it, we can't have crazy expectations. After losing Hambone (as inconsistent as he was, he was still VERY clutch) and Napoli, I'm just going to have fun watching them, and hope for the best.
    Honestly the move I'm most disappointed by was sending Young to the Phillies. Hamilton quit on the team last season and I just can't forgive that. Sucks to see Napoli go but he's becoming injury-prone. Young had been with the Rangers a long time and came through when he was needed. He may not have hit homers at opportune times, but he would get a hit to start or continue a rally or make a nice play for an out. Guy had heart and the Rangers really shat on him these past few seasons (though getting Beltre was a great move).

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Napoli was kinda average last year. I'm thinking 2011 was a fluke year. AJ should be able to fill his shoes fine.

Berkman should at least be decent. I think we are going to have to hope that other hitters like Elvis, Cruz, and Kinsler all step up and play well to help replace what was lost with Josh. Then again, is hitting truly what the Rangers need to improve at? They have had probably the best offense in baseball for several years now. Even if they lose out a bit without Josh and Napoli, they will still probably be around the top 5.

The good thing is, the pitching staff may potentially end up being the best we have seen yet from the Rangers. We all know Harrison is consistently solid, and that both Ogando and Holland have great ability and can shut down elite offenses when they are focused. But the biggest difference is Darvish. He might finally be that true ace that the Rangers have never really had (aside from Cliff Lee for half a season).

And there are plenty of people that can be moved around for either another strong pitcher (perhaps Lee again) or a disgruntled slugger.

Lots of season to go, and plenty of stuff can happen. But I think there is plenty of reason to have faith that they can make another great run.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Honestly the move I'm most disappointed by was sending Young to the Phillies. Hamilton quit on the team last season and I just can't forgive that. Sucks to see Napoli go but he's becoming injury-prone. Young had been with the Rangers a long time and came through when he was needed. He may not have hit homers at opportune times, but he would get a hit to start or continue a rally or make a nice play for an out. Guy had heart and the Rangers really shat on him these past few seasons (though getting Beltre was a great move).
    No.

Young was absolute trash every playoff run, with the exception of one game against the Tigers in 2011. His defense was absolute crap (his atrocious range IMO was the first major issue that the Rangers had in that most forgettable Game 6 failure against St. Louis), and he looked like he gave up on the team just as much as Josh did last year. I was thankful for all he did, but was more than glad to see him go. He was overpaid for what he gave the Rangers the past couple years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hamilton broke my ing heart. He was my favorite Ranger, and I loved that they gave him a shot when no one else would and turned him around. Then he went and shat on everyone by quitting, and to top it off, said we (Rangers fans) are spoiled, and DFW isn't a true baseball town. I'm not from DFW, but as a fan, that pisses me off. I'm a bit worried about AJ, but we'll see. Napoli's bat could always be counted on. I'm hoping Berkman has another good year in him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Napoli was kinda average last year. I'm thinking 2011 was a fluke year. AJ should be able to fill his shoes fine.

Berkman should at least be decent. I think we are going to have to hope that other hitters like Elvis, Cruz, and Kinsler all step up and play well to help replace what was lost with Josh. Then again, is hitting truly what the Rangers need to improve at? They have had probably the best offense in baseball for several years now. Even if they lose out a bit without Josh and Napoli, they will still probably be around the top 5.

The good thing is, the pitching staff may potentially end up being the best we have seen yet from the Rangers. We all know Harrison is consistently solid, and that both Ogando and Holland have great ability and can shut down elite offenses when they are focused. But the biggest difference is Darvish. He might finally be that true ace that the Rangers have never really had (aside from Cliff Lee for half a season).

And there are plenty of people that can be moved around for either another strong pitcher (perhaps Lee again) or a disgruntled slugger.

Lots of season to go, and plenty of stuff can happen. But I think there is plenty of reason to have faith that they can make another great run.
    I agree. Napoli was average, but you could always see a pop coming when he stepped to the plate, and it put fear in catchers, and the chanting always got everyone going. Holland scares the out of me, and I'm not 100% sold on Ogando as a starter, but hopefully they'll both prove me wrong. I'm ready for a damn good season this year, but I don't want to expect a World Series this year...I'm not sure I can take the pain (I'm already a ing Cowboys fan).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No.

Young was absolute trash every playoff run, with the exception of one game against the Tigers in 2011. His defense was absolute crap (his atrocious range IMO was the first major issue that the Rangers had in that most forgettable Game 6 failure against St. Louis), and he looked like he gave up on the team just as much as Josh did last year. I was thankful for all he did, but was more than glad to see him go. He was overpaid for what he gave the Rangers the past couple years.
    no, the first major issue in that series was that the pitching fell flat, and tbh I'm still not sold on their pitching even though Darvish and Ogando look solid. I agree that he wasn't all that great defensively, but you also need to remember he wasn't playing his usual position and should've been DH or a utility guy. If you're gonna blame Young for last year's failure then you might as well blame the rest of the team. Once Hamilton quit, everyone seemed to wilt.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Holland scares the out of me, and I'm not 100% sold on Ogando as a starter, but hopefully they'll both prove me wrong.
    To be fair, how many teams have more than 2 guys who consistently put in work? Generally elite teams have an ace, a near-ace, and a couple solid (although inconsistent) contributors.

That's exactly what the Rangers have. And if Colby can come back and at some point get back to his former self, then that just makes things even better. A lineup of Darvish, Harrison, Colby, and Holland? I'd be pretty happy with that.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    no, the first major issue in that series was that the pitching fell flat, and tbh I'm still not sold on their pitching even though Darvish and Ogando look solid. I agree that he wasn't all that great defensively, but you also need to remember he wasn't playing his usual position and should've been DH or a utility guy. If you're gonna blame Young for last year's failure then you might as well blame the rest of the team. Once Hamilton quit, everyone seemed to wilt.
    For a guy who is so "unselfish" and such a great "team guy", he sure did throw a major hissy fit when it was suggested to him to be a DH or a utility guy. This "great teammate" did the Rangers a wonderful honor of asking to be traded, before the season even started, simply because they made a trade for Mike Napoli. GTFO with that trash.

I never blamed Young for last years failure, just that he was one of the worst of everyone when it came to "giving up". A few players seemed to wilt a bit, but Young was by far the worst of them all, while other guys like Beltre stepped up.

And when I was talking about the WS, I was specifically talking about Game 6. Young had an error or two, and his incredibly limited range cost the Rangers dearly on a couple singles that any decent 1B would have been able to turn into an out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For a guy who is so "unselfish" and such a great "team guy", he sure did throw a major hissy fit when it was suggested to him to be a DH or a utility guy. This "great teammate" did the Rangers a wonderful honor of asking to be traded, before the season even started, simply because they made a trade for Mike Napoli. GTFO with that trash.

I never blamed Young for last years failure, just that he was one of the worst of everyone when it came to "giving up". A few players seemed to wilt a bit, but Young was by far the worst of them all, while other guys like Beltre stepped up.

And when I was talking about the WS, I was specifically talking about Game 6. Young had an error or two, and his incredibly limited range cost the Rangers dearly on a couple singles that any decent 1B would have been able to turn into an out.
    I'll agree with you there, but I can see where he was coming from. As I said, bringing in Beltre (and to a lesser extent Napoli) were the right moves but Young had been with the team even before they were winning and he felt slighted.

For last year, Hamilton was like a cancer in that he really brought everyone down. No one was immune to it outside Beltre who had experience with cancer on the Red Sox.

I'll never forget how the Rangers were one strike away TWICE from getting it done. That was all on the pitching.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I'll never forget how the Rangers were one strike away TWICE from getting it done. That was all on the pitching.
    And on the other hand, you could argue that if Young didn't screw up, and made a couple outs that should be doable by any ordinary 1B, then it would never have gone to extra innings, nor been close enough for a comeback. Or if Cruz wasn't scared of the wall, the game was over in the 9th.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be fair, how many teams have more than 2 guys who consistently put in work? Generally elite teams have an ace, a near-ace, and a couple solid (although inconsistent) contributors.

That's exactly what the Rangers have. And if Colby can come back and at some point get back to his former self, then that just makes things even better. A lineup of Darvish, Harrison, Colby, and Holland? I'd be pretty happy with that.
    Happy? Definitely. If we get that, I'll be happy. I think it's just that we've gotten SO DAMN CLOSE, that I REALLY want that damn World Series.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    happy to have berkman? got good memories in 11 WS

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I really hope the Rangers didn't epically fail by trading Chris Davis away... i know its super early, but he is off to a great start, and he had a pretty solid year last year, with 33 HRs. Still obviously undisciplined, as he had over 160ks, but still...

Thread Information