Page 98 of 212 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108148198 ... LastLast
Results 2,426 to 2,450 of 5300
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    my wife just received a weird Amber alert type message on her cell phone about staying home tomorrow in SA? anyone else receive this, I didn’t but I’m out of town.
    something like this that was posted above?

Got this alert as 700+ new cases reported in SA today.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    something like this that was posted above?
    yep didn’t see it

thanks

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yep didn’t see it

thanks
    I think pretty much every cellphone in the San Antonio area got that text about the hospitals nearing capacity. I got it about 3 hours ago too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Got this alert as 700+ new cases reported in SA today.

I would have loved to see tholdren's rage when he got that text.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think pretty much every cellphone in the San Antonio area got that text about the hospitals nearing capacity. I got it about 3 hours ago too.
    Didn't get it on my Android phone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't get it on my Android phone.
    But, my wife got it on her iPhone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So is San Antonio about to become Detroit (completely butt ed), New York City (Detroit + having to share ventilators), or Northern Italy (having to deny treatment due to insufficient resources)?
    San Antonio will be fine on ventilators/other physical resources. We're pretty close to spilling over into that hospital they set up at Freeman though. The problem is staffing. Hospitals are already stretched thin. They're going to have to bring in nurses from out of state for big money like New York did.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The odds of developing a vaccine (or, I would even argue, the virus mutating into a milder form) are much, much greater than reaching 70% herd immunity. You have to understand that people do not want to get infected out of their own volition, that in order to return to normalcy through herd immunity, that ~70% number doesn't apply to just the US, but also first world countries and possibly developing countries (globalization is a ). We might reach herd immunity at some point in the next 50 years, like it happened with the flu, especially if there's a vaccine, but it's not a realistic target.

EDIT: Add 'finding a suitable treatment' to the options above that have much better odds.
    I've never suggested such a thing. I have said any plan that has the goal of herd immunity (i.e. intentionally letting people get infected) is a bad plan. At the same time any plan that is unsustainable economically or otherwise is just as bad.

We just had a study that while small does not bode well for getting a vaccine
    https://abcnews.go.com/Health/covid-...ry?id=71406787

If it is the case that we don't develop lasting antibodies, just like with the other HCoV's, then it seems we can't hold out hope for a vaccine and it also means herd immunity is unattainable. Covid-19 is just the new norm. So what's the plan then? I don't know.

Maybe it mutates into a milder illness like the others but how long did the others take? A year, 10, 100? We have no idea.

I'd hope we don't have to take the shortest route since it likely involves many more excess deaths due to overflowing our hospital systems. Now if you asked me how to accomplish that or if it's even possible without slowing the infection down so much we just keep having wave after wave I'd have to give a big shoulder shrug.
    Well the short route is the most painful for sure but if the long route means years then it's pretty ing painful as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've never suggested such a thing. I have said any plan that has the goal of herd immunity (i.e. intentionally letting people get infected) is a bad plan. At the same time any plan that is unsustainable economically or otherwise is just as bad.

If it is the case that we don't develop lasting antibodies, just like with the other HCoV's, then it seems we can't hold out hope for a vaccine and it also means herd immunity is unattainable. Covid-19 is just the new norm. So what's the plan then? I don't know.

Maybe it mutates into a milder illness like the others but how long did the others take? A year, 10, 100? We have no idea.

Well the short route is the most painful for sure but if the long route means years then it's pretty ing painful as well.
    If the antibodies are really only for two months there is no way period out of the pandemic.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the antibodies are really only for two months there is no way period out of the pandemic.
    It would mean Covid isn't a mild Flu, it's a common cold with a kick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

If that’s the case, I don’t see much use in trying to avoid the butt ing we’re all going to get.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've been out and about since the beginning. Even went to bars. You just need to use common sense tbh.

Certain demographics are not being careful.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The actual flu vaccine took 20 years to develop, IIRC. Sure, our tech and bioengineering where nowhere where they are now. Then if it's not a vaccine, at least a good therapeutic treatment, or, worst case, protocol to at least attack the worst cases, which is really the conundrum here.

What I was pointing out is that herd immunity is neither a plan or a goal. As long as the virus exists, we'll reach herd immunity infection rate naturally as a process, even with a vaccine or medicines, so herd immunity really isn't a solution or answer to anything. It's just going to happen no matter what you do. The question is how many dead people is going to take to get there, and that's what the actual solutions are trying to help with.

We do want to do something about it if our healthcare system is in peril (because then you multiply the deaths due to OTHER factors outside of the virus, since the capacity is overwhelmed) or our death count ramps up. And we're dealing with a moving target too. We know viruses mutate, and while sometimes for the best, sometimes it can mutate for the worst. The Spanish Flu 2nd or 3rd wave (can't remember off the top of my head) actually killed young people, unlike the first wave that killed old people. That's why we want to put the onus in finding solutions and being prepped to contain this as best we can as events develop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've been out and about since the beginning. Even went to bars. You just need to use common sense tbh.

Certain demographics are not being careful.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would have loved to see tholdren's rage when he got that text.
    Lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is the Karen that cut Ted Cruz's hair a month ago

"DALLAS — A salon owner who made national headlines for protesting a state order closing non-essential businesses in Texas during the COVID-19 pandemic, is now speaking out in support of bar owners.

S ey Luther said a new order Governor Greg Abbott imposed on Friday that calls for bars shut down is discriminatory.

....What makes a bar that sells 51% alcohol any different from a restaurant that serves 50%?” Clark asked. “There’s really no difference.”

Luther claims bar owners are telling her they are willing to do whatever is needed to fight back against Abbott’s executive order, even if it means peacefully protesting and opening their businesses.

The salon owner says she believe the governor is backtracking on the rationale that had him coming to fight for her decision to keep her shop open.

“I think he’s totally backtracking,” Luther said. “If he is saying that he didn’t believe that I should be shut down, or I should be penalized or go to jail, then why is it okay to penalize these small business owners that are bar owners as well? We all have to be treated equally. It’s all the same.”

https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/da...2-11ccf08cf326

Because bars are totally the same thing as salons

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

If herd immunity is unattainable then it's not short route vs long route. It's open economy vs closed economy.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

"DALLAS — A salon owner who made national headlines for protesting a state order closing non-essential businesses in Texas during the COVID-19 pandemic, is now speaking out in support of bar owners.

S ey Luther said a new order Governor Greg Abbott imposed on Friday that calls for bars shut down is discriminatory.

....What makes a bar that sells 51% alcohol any different from a restaurant that serves 50%?” Clark asked. “There’s really no difference.”

Luther claims bar owners are telling her they are willing to do whatever is needed to fight back against Abbott’s executive order, even if it means peacefully protesting and opening their businesses.

The salon owner says she believe the governor is backtracking on the rationale that had him coming to fight for her decision to keep her shop open.

“I think he’s totally backtracking,” Luther said. “If he is saying that he didn’t believe that I should be shut down, or I should be penalized or go to jail, then why is it okay to penalize these small business owners that are bar owners as well? We all have to be treated equally. It’s all the same.”

what office is Karen running for?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

"Karen" > Cuckold.

How about some self awareness already, blake.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Karen" > Cuckold.

How about some self awareness already, blake.
    Take the ankle biting back to your sandbox play thread and let the adults talk in this one.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Take the ankle biting back to your sandbox play thread and let the adults talk in this one.
    Are you mad I didn't more directly regard your post?

So, you're mad that your wife's lover's daughter may catch a flu if people are allowed to go out is what I'm hearing.

It's a tough time to be a cuckold, amiriite?

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you mad I didn't more directly regard your post?

So, you're mad that your wife's lover's daughter may catch a flu if people are allowed to go out is what I'm hearing.

It's a tough time to be a cuckold, amiriite?
    you’re just a sick puppy

I have hope a vaccine is doable quickly
    Even if it only lasts a couple of months on a molecular level this virus is ideal candidate from what I have read. It appears to be very stable in the coding regions.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have hope a vaccine is doable quickly
    quickly would mean less than the avg 5 - 10 years.

A wide variety of 20K people have to vaccinated with the candidate, then somehow exposed to the virus, then monitored for weeks for vaccine side effects, anti-bodies, and then somehow RE-infected to see if the candidate works, with no side effects.

THEN

production has to be ramped up, "medical" glass already in short supply. No PDA to ramp it up. Maybe XI has some to sell?

THEN

distribution to Bs of people. You can bet if you are poor country, you are at the bottom of the distribution list

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Went to HEB this morning, sure enough there's another ing run on toilet paper and paper towels

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Went to HEB this morning, sure enough there's another ing run on toilet paper and paper towels
    Shelves wiped out again in the tp section? Honestly I have been buying like a hoarder for everything since early March to limit trips, so pretty glad I got my grandma's deep freezer when she passed. First time I have really made much use of it is this pandemic.

Thread Information