Page 82 of 171 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692132 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,050 of 4270
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know how any of you could have any enthusiasm for this at this point. How many more unremarkable/flawed role players do they need to collect before is no longer excites or even intrigues you?

How many teams have to level up currently, future wise or both, before it smacks you in the face that they're in probably the worst situation in the league? And they'll fight to maintain it by blowing most of their cap space to "fight for the playoffs".
    TD, it’s only our second time in the lottery in the last 20+ years. We’ve had a terrific run.

The Spurs (DJ specifically), seemed to put extra emphasis on the idea of making the playoffs last year and ultimately came up short.
    I perceived that as “a make or break (up?)” scenario.

We don’t have any contractually obligated obfuscations atm and this draft is shaping up to have all-star type talent at #12.

It’s going to take one of the core under 25s to ascend to an all-star level or a big FA signing for us to enter the Purgatory conversation next season otherwise I expect we’ll have our highest pick since Timmy.
    Win win for me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People just like to . A fan base that really SHOULD be ing is OKC. There were a number of scenarios where they have 2 top 5 picks by jumping into the top 4 themselves, having a couple more teams join them, and knocking Houston’s pick back to 5, and using their pick swap with #18. Instead the have #6 in a 5 player draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jonathan Givony @DraftExpress

Texas' Jericho Sims registered a 44 1/2 inch max vertical leap at the NBA Combine, tied for the second best mark in event history. His 37 inch standing vert is a top-15 mark historically as well.

3:08pm · 23 Jun 2021 · Twitter Web App

2h
    Tennessee's Keon Johnson smashed Kenny Gregory's 20-year NBA Combine record with an outrageous 48 inch vertical leap. Also posted a 41 1/2 inch standing vertical leap.

I figured Keon's max vert would be big after seeing this clip for the first time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Texas' Jericho Sims registered a 44 1/2 inch max vertical leap at the NBA Combine, tied for the second best mark in event history. His 37 inch standing vert is a top-15 mark historically as well.

3:08pm · 23 Jun 2021 · Twitter Web App

2h
    Tennessee's Keon Johnson smashed Kenny Gregory's 20-year NBA Combine record with an outrageous 48 inch vertical leap. Also posted a 41 1/2 inch standing vertical leap.

I figured Keon's max vert would be big after seeing this clip for the first time.

But interestingly none of those became stars, and only one so far even gets significant minutes. But still-- damn! I wonder if Keon was a high jumper or long jumper in high school?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who even embarrassed the spurs?
    S bag, his sleazebag uncle and the Raptors.

So there's nothing wrong with collecting role-players. Role-players are currency in the NBA, and they make it easier to build around a star once one comes. The issue is the Spurs having to use their assets properly. As I've suggested for two years now, I believe the Spurs should trade one or more of their young players to improve their pick and/or acquire a vet who would improve the team. Supposedly, the Hawks were willing to let the Spurs move up to 6 last year had SA been willing to deal Murray or White. In retrospect, there wasn't much to be gained by them doing so. No one between Okoro at 5 and Vassell really screams missed opportunity. In that same regard, them not trading say Poeltl to move up for Clarke obviously didn't end up making them miss out on him, though my main target was Hachimura.

Whatever, the point is that there's no reason to actually be pessimistic about the pick. Obviously, I would've preferred a higher pick. However it's pretty obvious looking at the four CF teams that you don't need to (and I'd argue that you shouldn't try to) build a team through the draft. Constantly pushing for that suggests and antiquated philosophy that ignores how modern teams -- large or small in their market -- operate. You build through trades and signings -- not the draft. You can totally feel cautious about Brian Wright's ability to put together a roster, but their pick isn't among their biggest problems.
    I didn't say there was, but at this point I don't know where this excitement is derived from.

But that's just it: They're too scared to do anything and don't seem to have a plan. They seem to think they'll just pull another Giniobili (not that they developed him), Parker or S bag out of their ass because they're the Spurs.

It's not about the pick, it's about their predicament, especially in comparison to the Raptors.

Finding a foundational piece(s) through the draft is essential, especially in a non glamour market. Obviously, building an entire core through it is unlikely though.

TD, it’s only our second time in the lottery in the last 20+ years. We’ve had a terrific run.

The Spurs (DJ specifically), seemed to put extra emphasis on the idea of making the playoffs last year and ultimately came up short.
    I perceived that as “a make or break (up?)” scenario.

We don’t have any contractually obligated obfuscations atm and this draft is shaping up to have all-star type talent at #12.

It’s going to take one of the core under 25s to ascend to an all-star level or a big FA signing for us to enter the Purgatory conversation next season otherwise I expect we’ll have our highest pick since Timmy.
    Win win for me.
    "We've" had an embarrassing 4 years and 3 years into what should have been a re-build, they're still stuck in first gear. I'd argue to start over again by selling off the mid 20s role players (White, Murray, Poeltl).

The odds of an all-star type talent being available at #12 are slim and relying on being the team to nail that is both arrogant and stupid (there's a reason most actively try to avoid the middle).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I didn't say there was, but at this point I don't know where this excitement is derived from.

But that's just it: They're too scared to do anything and don't seem to have a plan. They seem to think they'll just pull another Giniobili (not that they developed him), Parker or S bag out of their ass because they're the Spurs.

It's not about the pick, it's about their predicament, especially in comparison to the Raptors.

Finding a foundational piece(s) through the draft is essential, especially in a non glamour market. Obviously, building an entire core through it is unlikely though.

"We've" had an embarrassing 4 years and 3 years into what should have been a re-build, they're still stuck in first gear. I'd argue to start over again by selling off the mid 20s role players (White, Murray, Poeltl).

The odds of an all-star type talent being available at #12 are slim and relying on being the team to nail that is both arrogant and stupid (there's a reason most actively try to avoid the middle).

theycould of gotten a really good player in halliburton at#11 but went with vassell. Hopefully that turns out well for sa

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kelly Iko KellyIkoNBA
    16m
    Tennessee’s Keon Johnson just recorded a 41.5’’ standing vertical and 48’’ running vertical jump. Wow.
    Could watch this all day...

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    jericho sims>>>>>>>>>>keon johnson...........sims can rebound

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dennis & Nephew, but can't really be mad at the Raptors for making the most of it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

JRE in the second round please

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dennis & Nephew, but can't really be mad at the Raptors for making the most of it.
    Seriously, plus I’ll take a few years of Demar plus Poeltl and opportunity to draft KJ (yes, realize that’s a risk and chances are he shouldn’t have dropped there) over whatever garbage the Lakers weren’t offering.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

JRE in the second round please
    Definitely a great option. A month ago I was wondering why he wasn’t being considered higher. Seems like a great role player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Players I like in this draft who are potentially within our reach with our two picks:

Moody
    Springer
    Sengun
    Jeremiah Robinson Earl (thanks for reminding me, Dejounte)
    JT Thor
    Wagner
    Duarte
    Garuba
    Cooper
    Giddey
    Murphy III
    Julian Champaigne
    Kispert

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    as EURO fan:

Sengun
    Wagner
    Moody
    Garuba

for our 1st

Thor
    JRE
    Murphy 3

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would it be worth it to trade back with OKC for 16 + 18 for our 12 if they target someone specific?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would it be worth it to trade back with OKC for 16 + 18 for our 12 if they target someone specific?
    I would trade 12 for 16 + 18. Could probably get two of: Garuba, JT Thor, Kispert, Sengun, Duarte, Bouknight. Not saying they'd all be available, but after 6 there seems to be enough of a drop off.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t see OKC doing that. There’s nothing there at 12 that would be greater than what you can get with their picks. Arguably they could have two players just as good as what they can get at 12. Plus they don’t need 1 good player. They need 6 good players. Makes no sense to give up two potential players for one.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t see OKC doing that. There’s nothing there at 12 that would be greater than what you can get with their picks. Arguably they could have two players just as good as what they can get at 12. Plus they don’t need 1 good player. They need 6 good players. Makes no sense to give up two potential players for one.
    I could see them doing it if one of the guys they like falls to the 12 range + they've got do many young players and picks that it's in the interest to consolidate every once in a while.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would trade 12 for 16 + 18. Could probably get two of: Garuba, JT Thor, Kispert, Sengun, Duarte, Bouknight. Not saying they'd all be available, but after 6 there seems to be enough of a drop off.
    That's my personal 1st rd BB illustrating my wants in order of preference for the Spurs. Since a few of the guys after 12 on it are probably going higher than 12 it'll knock a couple more into that 16-18 range. So I'd make the trade too. I also think at least two of the guys you listed will be available at 16.

1. Cade Cunningham
    2. Evan Mobley
    3. Jonathan Kuminga
    4. Jalen Green
    5. Jalen Suggs
    6. Franz Wagner
    7. Moses Moody
    8. Scottie Barnes
    9. Alperen Sengun
    10. Corey Kispert
    11. Keon Johnson
    12. Kai Jones
    13. Jalen Johnson
    14. James Bouknight
    15. Josh Giddey
    16. Tre Mann
    17. Davion Mitc
    18. Sharife Cooper
    19. Jared Butler
    20. Trey Murphy
    21. Jaden Springer
    22. Usman Garuba
    23. Zaire Williams
    24. Isaiah Jackson
    25. Joshua Primo
    26. Ayo Dosunmu
    27. Chris Duarte
    28. Roko Prkacin
    29. JT Thor
    30. Miles McBride

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This puts a smile on my face.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This class seems loaded with potential. I expect a lot wheeling and dealing from teams to get their specific players, including Spurs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know how any of you could have any enthusiasm for this at this point. How many more unremarkable/flawed role players do they need to collect before is no longer excites or even intrigues you?

How many teams have to level up currently, future wise or both, before it smacks you in the face that they're in probably the worst situation in the league? And they'll fight to maintain it by blowing most of their cap space to "fight for the playoffs".
    No lies in this post.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No lies in this post.
    It’s a fair point but the reality is that we have no business giving up solid role players until we know who are superstar is. None of them are going out in a trade for a star so it only makes sense to package them up once the team has an iden y. Until then collecting high value role players is as valuable as collecting draft picks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No lies in this post.

i dont think anyone here is excited about the current spurs projections .i mean were all fans,and what else do we have to be excited about besides the draft?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wagner if he's there, i would trade up if need be, Bodiroga 2.0

Thread Information