Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Lakers bandwagon fans buying sham *bubble le gear what does it have a Mickey Mouse Logo? Farce to celebrate this garbage.
    Cry some mre

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d like to see the nba endorse Biden/Harris officially. Silence is violence, and failure to take a stand on this issue will not be looked upon positively in the future.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have the riots stopped in LA land celebrating this *bubble le sham? Had almost no coverage except the predictable in love BSPN stories. Dak getting hurt filled the airways as no one cares anymore about LeBron and his likely roid use or his peripatetic unicorn sidekick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have the riots stopped in LA land celebrating thi *bubble le sham? Had almost no coverage except the predictable in love BSPN stories.
    Hope the le was worth dying on a ventilator for those rioting sickos tbh!

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it’s the politics more than anything. When the Milwaukee Bucks refused to play I was pissed off, and a lot of people around here scolded me not being more sensitive or whatever to the cause. But I think for the majority they just want them to play basketball. They don’t care about the rest.
    I also think its just cause of the politics, but people like to point out at other things, which I dont think really effected this, especially as a lot of people are at home cause of pandemic and could have watched the NBA.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PLEASE TELL ‘EM HOW YOU’LL STILL BE FURIOUS ABOUT GETTING DUMPED BY KIWI 4 YEARS LATER WHILE HE’S CASHING HIS 10-YEAR MAX!
    This past month couldn't have worked out worse for your damage control, raging ass.

Still pretending I ever cared about that. As I've told you numerous times, all I wanted was commensurate value for a player of his magnitude, which became impossible due to his antics.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    This past month couldn't have worked out worse for your damage control, raging ass.
    As if I ever cared about summer league

Still pretending I ever cared about that. As I've told you numerous times, all I wanted was commensurate value for a player of his magnitude, which became impossible due to his antics.
    Your wishes will NEVER be granted.#staySalty

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As if I ever cared about summer league

Your wishes will NEVER be granted.#staySalty
    Had Mr. Pristine Cir stances won, I guarantee you'd have declared it the most impressive championship ever and made some asinine claim like "this makes him top 5 all time". "Summer league", unlike tainted '17-'19, was fair for all.

I realize that genius, I'm just saying don't misconstrue my stance.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Had Mr. Pristine Cir stances won, I guarantee you'd have declared it the most impressive championship ever and made some asinine claim like "this makes him top 5 all time". "Summer league", unlike tainted '17-'19, was fair for all.

I realize that genius, I'm just saying don't misconstrue my stance.
    Yeah, this would have topped last season b/c it wasn’t only Durant that was missing but the entire Duds ensemble & the defending champ had also been disbanded #hardestroad

If anything, Kiwi taking down Brat at STAPLES after the L*kers bandwagons came out of the woodshed is going to make it sweeter. Cripples are going to run scorched earth on the entire league like the ‘96 Bulls after the haters prematurely celebrated their demise in the summer of ‘95.

Had the Cripples beaten the L*kers in the WCF then they wouldn’t have gotten credit since it would have just been a confirmation bias but LeBrat has claimed he’s “better then ever” along with Davis being crowned “top 5” (+ Playoff P /Siakam proven not to be Pippen) .......Kiwi will get his full credit when he hoist the LB yet again next summer.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, this would have topped last season b/c it wasn’t only Durant that was missing but the entire Duds ensemble & the defending champ had also been disbanded #hardestroad

If anything, Kiwi taking down Brat at STAPLES after the L*kers bandwagons came out of the woodshed is going to make it sweeter. Cripples are going to run scorched earth on the entire league like the ‘96 Bulls after the haters prematurely celebrated their demise in the summer of ‘95.

Had the Cripples beaten the L*kers in the WCF then they wouldn’t have gotten credit since it would have just been a confirmation bias but LeBrat has claimed he’s “better then ever” along with Davis being crowned “top 5” (+ Playoff P /Siakam proven not to be Pippen) .......Kiwi will get his full credit when he hoist the LB yet again next summer.
    Finally you admit S bag had it easy.

He needs pristine cir stances to beat James, like he had in '14. He better hope his team brings in a play maker/leader, that the Lakers squander their MLE and that the latter declines because I suspect one of his motivations at this point is destroying the myth of that puke that was created two seasons ago.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Finally you admit S bag had it easy.

He needs pristine cir stances to beat James, like he had in '14. He better hope his team brings in a play maker/leader, that the Lakers squander their MLE and that the latter declines because I suspect one of his motivations at this point is destroying the myth of that puke that was created two seasons ago.
    What did LeBrat ever win without teaming up with postseason players better than Siakam? #pristine

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What did LeBrat ever win without teaming up with postseason players better than Siakam? #pristine
    James took otherwise bad '07 and '18 Cavaliers teams (the latter of which drastically changed their roster at the deadline) to the Finals. Not a chance in S bag was getting those teams anywhere near that.

Sure, he's played with high end talent in the past decade, but the game isn't played 2 on 2 or 3 on 3 and as we've discussed he's never had a complete team like S bag has virtually his entire affluenza filled career.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Kawhi is my hero!
    He didn't choke in game 7 ...
    It was Doc, PG13, Pat Beverly and Trez
    That made me miss mi shots ...their suckage rubbed off on me!

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Kawhi is my hero!
    He didn't choke in game 7 ...
    It was Doc, PG13, Pat Beverly and Trez
    That made me miss mi shots ...their suckage rubbed off on me!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The rare Cinderella story doesn't negate the fact that the last decade of les and Finals appearances were dominated by Lebron, Curry, and Leonard, who are the top 3 players of the 10s. The matchup might not be interesting for you or me, but it's been a decade since the Lakers were in the Finals. That alone should be enough to push ratings past 4 in million. BLM and Covid might have an affect, but there's more factors chipping away at NBA ratings than just that. The game has become dull. No sport can have a perfect rule set for eternity. Rule sets and even dimensions should be constantly tweaked. We've talked about this on the forum ever since three-point attempts started regularly reaching into the 30s per game. The shot is too easy relative to how many points it's worth. It's worth 50 percent more but isn't 50 percent more difficult to make. It needs to be moved back.
    Its always been this way in terms of stars dominating. Magic made the finals almost every year in the 80s and Jordan made them almost every year in the nineties. I will agree there are too much three pointers and I miss low post offense. This year BLM hurt and them playing the same time as the NFL which is on three days a week and the MLB playoffs hurt as the finals and playoffs is usually before the NFL season and during the early portion of MLBs year not the playoffs

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/sun...ip-1234793078/

And that's with the league's marquee team and player in the Finals. Covid to blame? Some people turned off by BLM? Combination of both?

I think it goes deeper than that. Using this forum as barometer, we've seen many of the usual NBA fans no longer post much about the sport. Mav Crew, HarlemHeat, among many others, despite them being active in the NFL forum, political forum and such. Lefty might've jokingly predicted it with today's NBA, but I think he was on to something. The modern game centered around 3 pointers and fouls is uninteresting, with the league doing everything and anything to accelerate pace even more, with re ed rules like a 14 second shot clock after an offensive rebound. It's obvious the league's strategy is to appeal to teenagers on twitter, since the modern product is producing more "highlights" than ever before, which are easily shared on social media. Not to mention their courting of "twitter drama," which also appeals to teenagers and man-children. The NBA is the only league I know of to have articles about "what storylines to watch out for this season."

Those factors have personally turned me off the NBA, but what's also accelerated my disinterest is how star-centric the sport is (or always was). Maybe I never fully realized it or admitted it, but the amount of in-game impact a single player has in the sport is ridiculous. Lebron in the Finals 10 times with 3 different teams. NBA team building philosophy is basically, "sign a couple of stars, make playoffs. Sign Lebron, make Finals." This makes team building and player development also uninteresting, and as fans, you're either hoping to make a splash by signing a top 5 player or pray the ping-pong balls bounce in your favor. If that doesn't happen, your team has no chance to do much of anything, and usually for decades. In other sports, you're not tied to stars this way. Patrick Mahomes still needs a line and a defense. Mike Trout will get about the same number of at bats as the 9 hitter. Hockey stars only play about 30 minutes out of 60.

The Covid and Black Lives Matter situations are partly to blame I'm sure, but I think the declining ratings might point to a larger issue with the sport/league that has turned off many core fans.
    Do pitchers have more impact on outcome of one single game than basketball players? If baseball season was 40 games per team would pitchers be more dominant than star nba players? How much pitchers dependant on fielding? I don't know a lot about baseball, so your take is interesting.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This was better than any Finals action, tbh.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    You can only forcefeed the BLM crap down the goyim’s throat for so long

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    This was better than any Finals action, tbh.

then why did you watch so much of the finals?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    then why did you watch so much of the finals?
    I didn't, dip .

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    then why did you post so much about it?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    then why did you post so much about it?
    Eat a , slob.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can only forcefeed the BLM crap down the goyim’s throat for so long

Will Hunting

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Don't tag me, you're supporting the candidate getting bankrolled by Sheldon Adelson, the biggest le happy merchant in the US.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't tag me, you're supporting the candidate getting bankrolled by Sheldon Adelson, the biggest le happy merchant in the US.
    The Jews aren't supporting Biden?

Thread Information