San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is he not the next Slowmo to you?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is he not the next Slowmo to you?
    Slowmo?? , no! He is not bashful about shooting. He probably has more 3 point attempts last season than Kyle has in his career.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Video from Mike Schmitz. Not branded as such, but he used to be with D/X.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Favorite Marfan? WTF kind of a diseased mind comes up with that? I mean... I laughed. But it's not my fault.

He does look like an alien in that picture, doesn't he? I always pull for these young guys to make it, but man he is painfully skinny. Maybe he grew six inches in a year or something, and he just hadn't filled out.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Nice find still like him just not sure on this pick not because of talent I more concerned about him being injury prone because of past. I can't find much with regards to his past medical issues but have read and seen a couple of vids mention that he has battled injuries in prior years.

If you pick him you really swinging for the fences and Poku will definitely be in G League working out on getting bigger if we draft him. Which is OK cause I am telling you straight up I am praying that we tank and get a top 5 draft pick in 2021 man oh man is that draft class going to be loaded.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice find still like him just not sure on this pick not because of talent I more concerned about him being injury prone because of past. I can't find much with regards to his past medical issues but have read and seen a couple of vids mention that he has battled injuries in prior years.

If you pick him you really swinging for the fences and Poku will definitely be in G League working out on getting bigger if we draft him. Which is OK cause I am telling you straight up I am praying that we tank and get a top 5 draft pick in 2021 man oh man is that draft class going to be loaded.
    If there weren’t questions, we’d be wondering which top 5 team would be picking him. There would be no chance for him to drop to 11.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

him and John Givony both work for ESPN now. They still put a few things on the draft express twitter page but don’t post stuff on the website because a lot of their content is behind a ESPN.com pay wall

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That video from Schmitz makes him look better as a #11 pick. His playmaking from the top of the circle could be quite helpful for a team without a passing point guard. I’m not sure how he would play next to Luka—we’d likely be too soft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That video from Schmitz makes him look better as a #11 pick. His playmaking from the top of the circle could be quite helpful for a team without a passing point guard. I’m not sure how he would play next to Luka—we’d likely be too soft.
    We'd absolutely be too soft. I'm not buying Poku's rebounding numbers will translate well to the NBA - for most players, it might be true, but most players don't have his build. And Luka has never shown to be a good rebounder, which is part of why he doesn't make a good fit next to Poeltl, who is also a bad rebounder himself. And the defense thing as well... Neither Luka nor Poku will ever be adequate at guarding NBA centers. People were pulling their hairs out over Jakob's defense on Embiid/Jokic... You can expect an even worse version of that if we draft Poku, and that's IF he ever gets his body to a level where he can even play in the NBA, which is far from a given.

Having said that, I wouldn't dislike Poku as a pick. I'd be much more enticed by him if the Spurs had a second FRP, but I'd take it even as we are. If he's there at #11, you almost have to take him, if not for anything else, for his star potential in a mediocre draft. He's not #1 in my big board, but certainly top 5 in terms of prospects.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We'd absolutely be too soft. I'm not buying Poku's rebounding numbers will translate well to the NBA - for most players, it might be true, but most players don't have his build. And Luka has never shown to be a good rebounder, which is part of why he doesn't make a good fit next to Poeltl, who is also a bad rebounder himself. And the defense thing as well... Neither Luka nor Poku will ever be adequate at guarding NBA centers. People were pulling their hairs out over Jakob's defense on Embiid/Jokic... You can expect an even worse version of that if we draft Poku, and that's IF he ever gets his body to a level where he can even play in the NBA, which is far from a given.

Having said that, I wouldn't dislike Poku as a pick. I'd be much more enticed by him if the Spurs had a second FRP, but I'd take it even as we are. If he's there at #11, you almost have to take him, if not for anything else, for his star potential in a mediocre draft. He's not #1 in my big board, but certainly top 5 in terms of prospects.
    Exactly. Well said.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poku's agency is Wasserman, same group that represents Samanic. Poku is skipping the combine.

Jake from State Farm putting in work

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poku's agency is Wasserman, same group that represents Samanic. Poku is skipping the combine.

Jake from State Farm putting in work
    Maybe this is going over my head, but what are you trying to insinuate?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm joking that because Poku and Samanic share an agency that there is something afoot. It's a joke, but the Spurs in the past have tried to coordinate with agents they've worked with in the past to steer a player to them (like Batum whose agent was Ian's and there was that potentially orchestrated health scare that almost worked in getting Batum to SA).

The other joke is that Brian Wright looks like Jake from State Farm

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stashing players, and having them skip pre-draft events is totally Spursy. When I saw the combine list, and he wasn’t on it, that was my immediate reaction. Why else would an unknown not try to improve his position, unless he already knew he was going in the lottery?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hmmm. Did the Spurs make a promise to Poku?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stashing players, and having them skip pre-draft events is totally Spursy. When I saw the combine list, and he wasn’t on it, that was my immediate reaction. Why else would an unknown not try to improve his position, unless he already knew he was going in the lottery?
    a) Some players try to arrange to only go to certain teams by only working out for those teams.
    b) Some players think they will look better in individual workouts vs the combine setting.
    c) If it's a promise, that's no guarantee it's us making that promise

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do people really think he would have jumped to the top 10 had he participated in the combine? Because that's the only reason to think that it was the Spurs who gave him the promise (if there was a promise).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do people really think he would have jumped to the top 10 had he participated in the combine? Because that's the only reason to think that it was the Spurs who gave him the promise (if there was a promise).
    I think if you’re a player seen as mid first to second round, and you don’t participate in the combine AT ALL, somethings up. The most wildly optimistic site out there for Poku, TaT, has him at #17. Why would you NOT want to improve upon that, unless you already know you have? Could be us, could be the Knicks. I’ll stick with those being his most likely lottery landing spots.
    Last edited by exstatic; 09-28-2020 at 06:51 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think if you’re a player seen as mid first to second round, and you don’t participate in the combine AT ALL, somethings up. The most wildly optimistic site out there for Poku, TaT, has him at #17. Why would you NOT want to improve upon that, unless you already know you have? Could be us, could be the Knicks. I’ll stick with those being his most likely lottery landing spots.
    It could also be the other way around and he doesn't want to move down from #17 (or into the second round without guaranteed money) because he's afraid his numbers or medicals will turn away teams. There's not just one way to look at it, especially since he's had an injury history.

How ed would it be if TheDrewShow turned out to be right? Lmao
    Last edited by Dejounte; 09-28-2020 at 07:24 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know much about Marfan syndrome, so I looked it up online and found that these were the signs:

Long arms, legs and fingers
    Tall and thin body type
    Curved spine
    Chest sinks in or sticks out
    Flexible joints
    Flat feet
    Crowded teeth
    Stretch marks on the skin that are not related to weight gain or loss

Come to think of it... I havent seen him smile much to show his teeth.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I don’t see Poku going in top 8 that is a huge gamble for teams as the draft top 10 has been pretty much set add that he is not participating won’t be able to sale that to fans. Even at 11 that is a huge gamble for us and am not sure the Organization has the cojones to do that pick.

Agree if I am Poku camp and I got a confirmed offer at anything above 17 I would sit my client out and let the chips fall especially if it’s a team that will help my client grow and be successful.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Drew Show is a clown poster who’s been here forever. Take anything he throws out there with a grain of salt. Four or five of those traits would manifest in half of this draft class. Spreading unsubstantiated rumors is also fairly Jr. high school.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know much about Marfan syndrome, so I looked it up online and found that these were the signs:

Long arms, legs and fingers
    Tall and thin body type
    Curved spine
    Chest sinks in or sticks out
    Flexible joints
    Flat feet
    Crowded teeth
    Stretch marks on the skin that are not related to weight gain or loss

Come to think of it... I havent seen him smile much to show his teeth.
    Dude, c'mon.

Pretty much all of the guys mentioned here as favourites to be picked by the Spurs are not participating at the combine, are all of them hiding a condition?

It sucks but it is what it is. We knew that it was possible for half the people to skip the combine on this pandemic situation. Heck, at first we thought we weren't going to have a combine at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure the Marfan Jolly LEAN Giant is skipping the Combine, because he has Marfan Syndrome and they know that will get you banned from the league. LOL the Dregs of the Dregs of Spergs talk rooting for the team to blow a lottery pick, or ANY pick on this guys unfortunate misshapen body. LULS EYE TESTERS

Even if he skips the combine teams who ask for his medical info can get it, if his agent signs off on it.

some players only share medical info with teams they are interested in while others share with every team. It’s rare that a team drafts a player without checking their medical history

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Multi BILLION dollar industry..........checking medicals is not even a question! If you don’t like the kid cool but please grow up with the clown type post. Thanks in advance homie����

Thread Information