Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This, tbh.

TD, Kobe, MJ, Lebron... Those were sure-fire future superstars when drafted. Anyone who can sit there and affirm there are even just one sure-fire game changer in this draft, let alone five is just guessing at this point... And if I had to guess myself, I would also say it's a rather meh draft this year. We'll see.

Which makes me very doubtful as far as trading Murray. You know what you have in terms of BB and mentality, you're not sure what you'll get in the draft... And you're in for another 3 or 4 years of development.

Murrray makes me think a bit of TP in terms of development and how he's perceived... Read older threads from this board and the consensus on Tony was like": His ceiling and I'll be happy if he's 10&5 PG... then, "he'll never be a star", then "he'll never be an all star, then no way he's winning a Finals MVP...He kept proving doubters wrong... OK Murray is not that young anymore but I' wouldn't be surprised if he has some more room for improvement while his dedication to the spurs is genuine.
    Kobe was NOT a sure thing. He was a serious reach, even at 13.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and was traded by Charlotte

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But Primo will definitely be trash…….. gotta love spurstalk

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But Primo will definitely be trash…….. gotta love spurstalk

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's remember he was drafted that "low" then traded because his clan said eveyone prior to the drafft he only wanted to play for the Lakers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So any news? We end up with the 21st and 25th picks?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The machine broke down. But they said they'll let us pick as soon as everyone else is done

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's remember he was drafted that "low" then traded because his clan said eveyone prior to the drafft he only wanted to play for the Lakers.
    Let’s remember that the only HS players who had successfully made the jump at that point were bigs, and drafting Kobe was not only a huge unknown, but let to a series of mistakes by other teams, because Kobe was a one of a kind, hyper focused son of an NBA player.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only because he didn't want to play there. He wanted to go to LA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The truth is somewhere in between both your takes. Kobe was not a sure thing, but he was nowhere near the long shot his draft spot would suggest. It's well do ented that, after a private workout with Kobe blew him away, Jerry West colluded with Kobe and his agents to hide him from teams picking before the Lakers, keeping him from workouts and making sure Charlotte knew he wasn't playing there. Charlotte could have called his bluff and force him to play there, but they received the Divac trade offer, and they went for it. But had they kept things honest Kobe would have been picked before that. In fact, Jerry West went so far as to tell Shaq that they had just drafted this awesome kid with whom he would go on to win several championships. And so they did, unfortunately.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jerry West knew.

Bryant’s agent, Arn Tellem, and then-Lakers general manager Jerry West manipulated that draft masterfully. West wanted Bryant and he also wanted to create enough space under the salary cap to sign center Shaquille O’Neal as a free agent. He ended up with both, reinvigorating the Lakers. The Hornets were more or less pawns in all this.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jerry West knew.

Bryant’s agent, Arn Tellem, and then-Lakers general manager Jerry West manipulated that draft masterfully. West wanted Bryant and he also wanted to create enough space under the salary cap to sign center Shaquille O’Neal as a free agent. He ended up with both, reinvigorating the Lakers. The Hornets were more or less pawns in all this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jerry West knew.

Yes, because he’s supposed to know, and is usually ahead of the curve. The poster who stoked this implied that he was a can’t miss. If you’re a can’t miss, EVERYONE knows about you. If there had been mock drafts back then, none would have had him in the top 5, and few in the top 10.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This, tbh.

TD, Kobe, MJ, Lebron... Those were sure-fire future superstars when drafted. Anyone who can sit there and affirm there are even just one sure-fire game changer in this draft, let alone five is just guessing at this point... And if I had to guess myself, I would also say it's a rather meh draft this year. We'll see.

Which makes me very doubtful as far as trading Murray. You know what you have in terms of BB and mentality, you're not sure what you'll get in the draft... And you're in for another 3 or 4 years of development.

Murrray makes me think a bit of TP in terms of development and how he's perceived... Read older threads from this board and the consensus on Tony was like": His ceiling and I'll be happy if he's 10&5 PG... then, "he'll never be a star", then "he'll never be an all star, then no way he's winning a Finals MVP...He kept proving doubters wrong... OK Murray is not that young anymore but I' wouldn't be surprised if he has some more room for improvement while his dedication to the spurs is genuine.
    You're too conservative in thinking. You're acting like Murray is a top 10 player in the league. There will be 5 game changing all stars with better careers than Murray in this draft. This draft is better than last year.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, 21 and 24

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sauces?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As good as kobe was, you could put shaq and a dog and win. Credit to kobe for staying healthy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's the arbitrary order Tankathon has been showing for a while, so if that's what you're going by, it's not accurate. Otherwise please state the source.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let’s remember that the only HS players who had successfully made the jump at that point were bigs, and drafting Kobe was not only a huge unknown, but let to a series of mistakes by other teams, because Kobe was a one of a kind, hyper focused son of an NBA player.
    Of course nobody knows the future. But if you have a keen eye to be "ahead of the curve", as you say you see things( a surefire talent) while others don't see it.

But in Kobe's case teams were not sure he would even want to sign with them so he fell in the draft not because they didn't think he was surefire talent worth a draft pick. Jerry West took the chance with Kobe and it paid off. The Spurs need to take these type of chances with potential superstar talents like Shaedon Sharpe if they have the chance. Looks like they'll need to move up a little to have a chance at Sharpe.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's the arbitrary order Tankathon has been showing for a while, so if that's what you're going by, it's not accurate. Otherwise please state the source.
    Yeah, that's what I saw but I'm not saying that is the results. I haven't seen the results yet. I was just joking with him saying the Spurs moved up just one spot with the second result.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Funny that dumbass NBA beat writers for 9/10 media outlets can write articles with no new relevant information but aren’t smart enough or resourced to report on things like this. One astute (semi) twitter analyst will post it and 50 will follow suit.

For the record not me calling out TIMVP, as he does his research.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like we got the worst end of the stick for the Boston tiebreaker, but the good end for the Toronto tie breaker. 20th and 25th picks.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It's on

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pick 20 for us !

Win one, lose the other.
    Last edited by duncan2150; 04-18-2022 at 05:03 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://twitter.com/DraftExpress/sta...53910918012935
    NBA Draft tiebreaker results: No. 20 pick: Toronto Raptors No. 21 pick: Denver Nuggets
    https://twitter.com/DraftExpress/sta...54233061617668
    NBA Draft tiebreaker results: No. 23 pick: Philadelphia 76ers No. 24 pick: Milwaukee Bucks No. 25 pick: Boston Celtics
    At least Denver doesn't pick ahead of us. They're really good at drafting. I'm less concerned with the 76ers & Bucks, they are targeting ready now players

Thread Information