Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who among us has not spent $20,000 in other people's charity money on a six-foot portrait of ourselves?

t's easy to get caught up in impeachment, or the hastening ecological decline of our world, or the fact that the president posted more than 80 tweets before 9:30 this morning, including a suggestion to a teenage climate activist that she should "chill" and consider "Anger Management" classes.

But did you see the charity thing? You should see the charity thing. It was almost water under the bridge. Our politics have gone so far down the rabbit hole that a story about how the President of the United States agreed to pay $2 million at a court's order—while admitting he used his charity for his own gain—barely made a splash. Folks saw the headline and thought to themselves, Well, yeah, of course Donald Trump ran a crooked charity. But really. Look at this.

As part of the settlement, the president paid eight charities a total of $2 million while admitting "he misused funds raised by the Donald J. Trump Foundation to promote his presidential bid and pay off business debts, the New York State attorney general said on Tuesday."

By the 2000s, the charity was largely holding other people's money, which was donated to benefit philanthropic causes. Trump used some of this money to buy a $20,000 portrait of himself.

He also used the money to buy a $12,000 signed Tim Tebow helmet, which he kept for himself.

He spent more than a quarter of a million dollars of the charity's money to settle lawsuits involving his for-profit businesses. This is not legal.

Even earlier on, Trump abused the foundation. In 1989, it appears he used Foundation money to pay Donald Trump Junior's $7 initiation fee for the Boy Scouts. Seven dollars. A self-styled Rich Guy. Too cheap to pay himself.

The largest donation the Foundation made in those days—and indeed ever, according to the Washington Post—was a $264,231 gift to the Central Park Conservancy in 1989. This appears generous until you learn it was used to restore a fountain outside the Plaza Hotel, which Trump owned at the time. It directly benefitted his business.

https://www.esquire.com/news-politic...pay-2-million/

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The CULT does not care.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shrug it off? no, we're going to post online about it!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dont have a problem with his charity giving 20K to a worthy charity for the picture that wasn't worth to anyone else. That's how charities work. Who else would want a picture of him? It was set up from the beginning. That's the only practice of the charity I will defend.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dont have a problem with his charity giving 20K to a worthy charity for the picture that wasn't worth to anyone else. That's how charities work. Who else would want a picture of him? It was set up from the beginning. That's the only practice of the charity I will defend.

wow

this level of stupidity is why there is a CULT in this country destroying the usa from the inside...

no mention of the actual defrauding or the illegality- just some normalizing and minimizing the criminal acts of the criminal cult leader by faithful complicit sheeple.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wow

this level of stupidity is why there is a CULT in this country destroying the usa from the inside...

no mention of the actual defrauding or the illegality- just some normalizing and minimizing the criminal acts of the criminal cult leader by faithful complicit sheeple.
    you, loser. You have probably never even been to a charity silent/live auction. That's how some donations get set up. It was a picture some guy whipped out in an hour. Maybe worth $500. I said I
    dont defend any of the other allegations like paying corporate bill's with charity money.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not only do the Trash cult mob, 63M voters including Bible-humping, Holy Roller evangelicals?, agree with Trash's crimes, they of course, given the chance, would commit the same, or worse, crimes.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    President’s Cant be bothered with white collar crime.

So when he is out of office he will be indicted, convicted, and pardoned by his daughter.
    Then he will die. So will we.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not only do the Trash cult mob, 63M voters including Bible-humping, Holy Roller evangelicals?, agree with Trash's crimes, they of course, given the chance, would commit the same, or worse, crimes.
    If it’s a fundamental genetic thing you should leave the fckd and unfckble country.
    Probably abortion is a huge single issue vote.

Honestly I don’t think they’re defending him they’re just voting for him
    If you can see a good defense for the things he has done I would like the links.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you, loser. You have probably never even been to a charity silent/live auction. That's how some donations get set up. It was a picture some guy whipped out in an hour. Maybe worth $500. I said I
    dont defend any of the other allegations like paying corporate bill's with charity money.
    go yourself cultist

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    go yourself cultist
    Get back to us after you move out of mommy's house, loser.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Get back to us after you move out of mommy's house, loser.

lol

ok cultist

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh wow. Mamas Homer really crushed me there.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only half of that money went to the charity and if Melania bid on it herself and not on behalf of the foundation and only used the portrait at their non-charity business, is that really how charities work?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WE KNEW HE WAS A GRIFTER WHEN WE VOTED FOR HIM

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah obviously charities typical practices end up with $2m fines.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Inb4 whataboutism crooked Hillary derrr

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dont be your usual stupid self. I specifically said I was only commenting on one specific complaint and not defending others.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Inb4 whataboutism crooked Hillary derrr
    I didn't see the point in this brain washed forum. The Clinton Foundation cheats make these y'all are getting hysterical over pale in comparison. Chelsea's wedding, Chelsea's 2 million dollar townhouse, etc.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trash's cult base doesn't care that Trash is a criminal, a cheat, racist, nativist, xenophobe, a convicted, admitted fraudster, tax evader, bully, pussy-grabbing / bleeding-from-wherever misogynist, a pathological liar, illiterate, ignorant, an adulterer, a serially failed, grifitng business owner.

To them, he represents the Best of America, he's their hero, and God raised him up to save America and above all to HURT the people his cult base HATES.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't see the point in this brain washed forum. The Clinton Foundation cheats make these y'all are getting hysterical over pale in comparison. Chelsea's wedding, Chelsea's 2 million dollar townhouse, etc.
    Clinton also lied directly into a camera looking straight into it.
    Then he did it in front of more important people again.

But Trump... Trump lies about things he does not even need to lie about. Just for fun.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh, I'd love to read all about those.

Do you have links to the original stories? I'd like to go straight to the source.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Charity has always been a rich persons scam/racket.Its where the rich stick their offspring who lack the killer instinct to work at a bank,legal profession.That or the art world.Travel around some of the more NGO ridden parts of the world and you run into tons of overpaid/ overpriviliged scions of wealth dynasties "making a difference" lol
    Just go to the most dysfunctional African/South American country you think of and go hang at the bar at the most expensive Western luxury hotel and you'll meet all the "do-gooders" and journalists you could ever care to lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dont be your usual stupid self. I specifically said I was only commenting on one specific complaint and not defending others.
    His charity did not buy it from another charity though. He had his lawyer get someone else to buy it then directed his charity to buy it for himself all the while tweeting about how much it was initially bought for.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Charity has always been a rich persons scam/racket.Its where the rich stick their offspring who lack the killer instinct to work at a bank,legal profession.That or the art world.Travel around some of the more NGO ridden parts of the world and you run into tons of overpaid/ overpriviliged scions of wealth dynasties "making a difference" lol
    Just go to the most dysfunctional African/South American country you think of and go hang at the bar at the most expensive Western luxury hotel and you'll meet all the "do-gooders" and journalists you could ever care to lol
    So you won’t be volunteering for a hurricane cleanup crew run by a church anytime soon.
    “Who the fck paid for the gas and this bus?”

Thread Information