Page 47 of 62 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 1547
    Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d honestly rather have Rudy stay. He’s always been a strong advocate for the youngsters, and didn’t fade down the stretch like Patty did.
    I agree. He also isn't a guard. The Spurs are rather thin in the frontcourt.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    of course, keeping rudy won't be easy; there are some contenders that could seriously use someone like rudy-and i wouldn't blame him for trying to get a shot at a ring.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rudy is a relic, I’d say move on! Time to pull off the bandaid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone see that team photo? Luka is the second tallest player behind Poeltl and it's fairly close. Clearly he kept growing the way the Spurs had hoped. He's every bit of 6'10 or taller now.

He has so much potential that just needs to be unleashed. What is he going to be next year 21 or 22? And this off-season will be his first full training camp with the big boys? Should see exponential growth.

And I could easily see him be our best player by the end of the year and average a double double with say something like 18/10 with sufficient minutes. by the time he's 25 he could be a 25+ and 12 guy that has the occasional triple dub.

He's our future. Should be clear to everybody. He'll be Pop's going away present to all Spurfandom.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone see that team photo? Luka is the second tallest player behind Poeltl and it's fairly close. Clearly he kept growing the way the Spurs had hoped. He's every bit of 6'10 or taller now.

He has so much potential that just needs to be unleashed. What is he going to be next year 21 or 22? And this off-season will be his first full training camp with the big boys? Should see exponential growth.

And I could easily see him be our best player by the end of the year and average a double double with say something like 18/10 with sufficient minutes. by the time he's 25 he could be a 25+ and 12 guy that has the occasional triple dub.

He's our future. Should be clear to everybody. He'll be Pop's going away present to all Spurfandom.
    he will average 18/10, but not on the Spurs. I expect Pop to have him on the bench once again.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This one? https://mobile.twitter.com/spurs/sta...553287/photo/1

Lyles is listed at 6'9", Poeltl at 7'1", Dieng at 6'10" and Eubanks at 6'9".
    Last edited by toki9; 06-09-2021 at 05:16 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

And looking very buff. I mean I don't think he would be a great defender with his 6'10.5" wingspan, but I still rather him or Dieng or both in the C/PF position than Poeltl, again moving Keldon to SF position.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d honestly rather have Rudy stay. He’s always been a strong advocate for the youngsters, and didn’t fade down the stretch like Patty did.
    I'm ok with either or potentially both coming back if the money is right. I went with mills though bc I think there might be a bigger market for Rudy and he may want to go play for a contender to get a ring.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am in the camp of wanting Rudy gone. Ball just disappears when passed to him. We use to to go from a good shot to a great shot but with Rudy it goes froma good shot to a not so good shot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    replace rudy with Larry Nance Jr

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    replace rudy with Larry Nance Jr
    Rudy carries our O in our 2nd or 3rd unit at times. Nance is the second coming of Poeltl.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He needs to spend time with a sports psychologist this off-season tbh.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

@ NBA draft Combine listed height barefoot:
    Gorgui Dieng - 6’9.75”
    Luka Samanic - 6’9.5”
    @ 2021?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Those measurements (which I'm still very skeptical of) are supposedly without shoes, so it's within reason that Luka is either 6'11 or 7' tall by now if he had a late growth spurt.

They'll likely "re - measure" them during training camp and we'll likely find out then.

And looking very buff. I mean I don't think he would be a great defender with his 6'10.5" wingspan, but I still rather him or Dieng or both in the C/PF position than Poeltl, again moving Keldon to SF position
    I know he's more of an anomaly, but doesn't Jimmy Butler have notoriously short arms yet is an All - NBA caliber defender?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Interesting. Really wasn't expecting Luka to be taller than both Dieng, and Eubanks by such a margin. Hope his hand heals soon, he needs a good offseasonn of training and working on his game to reach the next level.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [QUOTE=Trill Clinton;10525241]He needs to spend time with a sports psychologist this off-season tbh.[/QUOTE

Both him and Walker

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's this generation of LJC

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's this generation of LJC
    Uh, no. LJC was what happens when a team falls in love with an athlete, who then blows out his knee, and never plays an NBA game. Luka has high level basketball skills. He only needed two things: bulk and a 3 pointer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uh, no. LJC was what happens when a team falls in love with an athlete, who then blows out his knee, and never plays an NBA game. Luka has high level basketball skills. He only needed two things: bulk and a 3 pointer.
    High level? If he had high level skills then he would be playing. He might have some skills but it isn't high level. If Pop returns next year this guy isn't going to get more than 15 minutes a game if he's lucky enough to even play every game. He might develop into a decent bench player or maybe even a fringe starter but odds are he will have to find a second team to continue playing in the league

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka is like mahinimi. Slow slow slow to adapt mentally but physically able.

The closest to ljc is lonnie tbh

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know. Mahinimi had lingering lower leg issues that derailed him and took away his breathtaking athleticism. He wasn't particularly skilled. Luka has a good handle and a good outside shot as far as I can tell. What he needs more than anything is minutes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    High level? If he had high level skills then he would be playing. He might have some skills but it isn't high level. If Pop returns next year this guy isn't going to get more than 15 minutes a game if he's lucky enough to even play every game. He might develop into a decent bench player or maybe even a fringe starter but odds are he will have to find a second team to continue playing in the league
    When he got here, he wasn’t physically prepared to play in the NBA, and most of us saw him as a two year project. Even so, he was 6’10” with good dribble/pass/shoot skills, in addition to his physical gifts. There’s no legitimate way to compare him to LJC, just sheer stupidity.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully Luka and Lonnie are able to earn minutes to show and prove this upcoming season.

Luka definitely looked way better in the G-League this season on both offense and defense and when he got minutes in the regular season during the actual guts of games, he showed more effort on both ends than last season.

like I said earlier in this and other threads. The keys for him is being able to actually hit the 3 point shot at a decent clip and playing decent defense. If he can do those two things he will easily get minutes. His defensive Basketball IQ still needs a boost but, especially defensively but him giving more effort will go a long way

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I feel like without at least a 35% 3 pt shot this guy is not an NBA level player. He hasn’t played enough to really say all that much except that he hasn’t shot the 3 well at any point, predraft, gleague or limited NBA minutes. I suspect that is one of the main factors holding him back (his need to add muscle was evident when drafted, but its been 2 years now).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know. Mahinimi had lingering lower leg issues that derailed him and took away his breathtaking athleticism. He wasn't particularly skilled. Luka has a good handle and a good outside shot as far as I can tell. What he needs more than anything is minutes.
    He can’t shoot. His shooting ability is mostly theoretical. I remember him in the last game of the bubble last year make 3 or 4 threes, shooting without hesitation and I thought he had arrived, meaning we would see him get minutes this season. He still didn’t play this season and his shooting night appears an outlier.

Still he should play next season because that will put to rest this question of whether or not he can shoot. I think his NBA career depends on it. It’s not that he couldn’t conceivably play scattered minutes without shooting well, but evidently he would be a marginal role player and would never fulfill the potential the Spurs saw when they drafted him higher than Johnson.

Thread Information