Page 24 of 48 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ive been wondering the same thing
    i'm really hoping it's just that he's sick and not wanting to with spurstalk right now. but a week is a long ass time to be sick with anything

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The chinese govt itself is saying infection may cause infertility and recommends you get tested for hormones if you've had it. even if you catch it and dont die its not like it cant permanently mess you up. it's not influenza nor is it related to influenza. the main cause of death is heart attack hence corona for coronary ..
    this whole outbreak is revealing one of the few drawbacks of our great society. ny is ed now and its because we hate being told what to do. we dont listen for
    Where are you getting your BS?
    The name "coronavirus" is derived from Latin corona, meaning "crown" or "wreath", itself a borrowing from Greek κορώνη korṓnē, "garland, wreath". The name refers to the characteristic appearance of virions (the infective form of the virus) by electron microscopy, which have a fringe of large, bulbous surface projections creating an image reminiscent of a crown or of a solar corona.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coronavirus

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where are you getting your BS?
    The name "coronavirus" is derived from Latin corona, meaning "crown" or "wreath", itself a borrowing from Greek κορώνη korṓnē, "garland, wreath". The name refers to the characteristic appearance of virions (the infective form of the virus) by electron microscopy, which have a fringe of large, bulbous surface projections creating an image reminiscent of a crown or of a solar corona.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coronavirus
    my bad someone told me that and i passed it along stupidly without checking coz it sounded legit. the infertility thing is real of course, chinese papers reported it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interestingly enough the word coronary is derived from the latin word corona meaning wreath or crown. Cornarius became coronary meaning to resemble a wreath or crown. Anatomical use is from 1670s in reference to the blood vessels that supply blood to the heart muscle and surround the heart like a crown. Coronary artery first use is recorded from 1741.

I teach this stuff.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You do realize that in this analogy, unless there is a vaccine, everybody eats the skittles regardless?

Of course you do because you're the opposite of DUMB PEOPLE
    Pretty sure exstatic was making a joke criticizing people who don't understand the point you are trying to make.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Please stop this conspiracies. You have Trump for that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thanks dude. So far, it's just a fever that has gone down to 99.9 degrees. It was at 100.8 earlier. No sore throat and no breathing issues. Just body aches and the fever.
    Good luck padre. It's a bad hand to be dealt, but at least you should eventually be OK. Finding out about what this virus truly is all about will be helpful for everyone. The unknown is a lot scarier than the known.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Check in spur padre!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One good thing if the season ends is nephew and lebum don't get another championship. Hopefully both ages and injuries will make them non-factors the rest of their careers...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Check in spur padre!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why isn't this piece of banned yet?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SpurPadre, how are you doing? Hang in there my friend.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think the season resumes at this point. Unless they push it back to late June/July. Not seeing a May return date.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reported today that both of KAT's parents tested positive, while his mother is still in a medically-induced coma from respiratory issues derived from CO19. As increasingly more cases like this one begin to surface close to the players' circles of friends and families, it's very hard to think that they'd be ok with taking the extreme risk of resuming the season. Even with no fans in the arena, players and coaches can still infect each other - testing everyone before every game is unrealistic. I just don't see the logistics of it...

Best guess is they cancel the season, get on with the draft, and start clean for next season. As Dex said though, it'll absolutely suck for the top seeded teams, but it's the least risk involved option and gives players a lot of time to rest (and for infected players to heal) and take care of their friends/families. This pandemic isn't going away overnight or any time soon.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm guessing some of you bumpkins want to see this...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good luck padre. It's a bad hand to be dealt, but at least you should eventually be OK. Finding out about what this virus truly is all about will be helpful for everyone. The unknown is a lot scarier than the known.
    Check in spur padre!
    SpurPadre, how are you doing? Hang in there my friend.
    Hey guys. Thanks for the well wishes! I'm doing better now but I've been under self quarantine while I'm waiting to get tested. My employers want me back at work soon and I'm a county worker considered "essential" so I will be tested a couple days before they want me back. Never mind that all my symptoms are gone (except for a sore throat) after having some bad symptoms for a few days straight. I likely had norovirus along with a bad cold at the same time according to my doctor but it would've been nice to remove all doubt before. Last Sunday, I had a particularly bad night with a high fever and chills and kept throwing up but had to bear it without medical attention. Fortunately, I've been healthy most of my life with no preexisting conditions so I've been able to fight off whatever I've had. Even though it's not believed I had or have COVID-19, I will still get tested for it since symptoms were similar and I'm slated to go back to work. I've been using paid sick leave but my employer won't let me continue using it if I test negative for COVID-19. Crazy times.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey guys. Thanks for the well wishes! I'm doing better now but I've been under self quarantine while I'm waiting to get tested. My employers want me back at work soon and I'm a county worker considered "essential" so I will be tested a couple days before they want me back. Never mind that all my symptoms are gone (except for a sore throat) after having some bad symptoms for a few days straight. I likely had norovirus along with a bad cold at the same time according to my doctor but it would've been nice to remove all doubt before. Last Sunday, I had a particularly bad night with a high fever and chills and kept throwing up but had to bear it without medical attention. Fortunately, I've been healthy most of my life with no preexisting conditions so I've been able to fight off whatever I've had. Even though it's not believed I had or have COVID-19, I will still get tested for it since symptoms were similar and I'm slated to go back to work. I've been using paid sick leave but my employer won't let me continue using it if I test negative for COVID-19. Crazy times.

Spuuuur paaadre!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone catch Lillard’s post on IG ? He tagged LA in some old pics and LA liked it. He going back?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone catch Lillard’s post on IG ? He tagged LA in some old pics and LA liked it. He going back?
    I think that's inevitable. He's really made no bones about it. It's just a matter of do we trade him this summer, or does he walk in 2021.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think that's inevitable. He's really made no bones about it. It's just a matter of do we trade him this summer, or does he walk in 2021.
    Really interested to see what happens with the offseason in the event the season actually does get finished at a later date.

Say the games go to September...they would probably push back the start of next season to December.

When does the draft go down? Will teams be drafting before they even know if the '19-'20 season is over?

How do they truncate the free agency period? Summer trading? Training camp and preseason?

So much still up in the air on this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really interested to see what happens with the offseason in the event the season actually does get finished at a later date.

Say the games go to September...they would probably push back the start of next season to December.

When does the draft go down? Will teams be drafting before they even know if the '19-'20 season is over?

How do they truncate the free agency period? Summer trading? Training camp and preseason?

So much still up in the air on this.
    In light of things like KATs parents, I think the season will be cancelled. I think their ratings would be absolute in empty gyms. Few who's team isn't in the playoffs would care about basketball at this point in time. Godawful things are going to happen in the next few weeks that will dwarf basketball, or any sport. Japan, who has a LOT better handle on this has already postponed the Olympics until next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see them resuming this season. I agree with exstatic on this for once.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information