Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting how the 2 vets that you would think have trade value aren't being shopped.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Every time a trade rumor involving Aldridge and DeRozan comes up, SpursTalk gets excited, then nothing ever happens.

Now that another rumor is here, SpursTalk isn't buying it anymore. So naturally, one or both of them really will get traded

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we are taking back longer contracts it really opens up the possibility other teams we haven't mention much here could make a bid (I know I'm setting myself up for disappointment).

In regard to teams we frequently mention it does seem like Ainge is going to do something more than tinkering around the edges. I think they may move one of their main guys (Kemba is my guess).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Remember the mega thread of the Spurs being “active” days before the NBA draft and nothing, like usual, never happened? Just let their contracts run out per par.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The draft was the only time to move Aldridge.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I expect to be underwhelmed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we are really shopping LMA and DDR then we've made the decision that we'd rather not chase RFA's in the offseason because there aren't real scenarios where we can trade them and not take back longer contracts to go with the assets we'd recieve. I'm ok with that myself because I'm not very high on paying John Collins max money.
    I don’t disagree with ant of the above but am worried what kind of crap we will get back in return.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs haven't made a midseason trade in forever. I highly doubt we'll see one now. Spurs are probably asking way too much for their vets anyway

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs haven't made a midseason trade in forever. I highly doubt we'll see one now. Spurs are probably asking way too much for their vets anyway
    Exactly. And/Or teams are afraid the Spurs will make them look bad a la the George Hill trade. Granted, the FO has made huge blunders since then (cough, Demarre Carroll) but I wonder.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Remember the mega thread of the Spurs being “active” days before the NBA draft and nothing, like usual, never happened? Just let their contracts run out per par.
    Steve Kerr came out in an interview and basically confirmed that if Klay doesn’t injure himself THE DAY BEFORE THE ING DRAFT, the SA/GS trade goes down. Not a case of nothing happening.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Steve Kerr came out in an interview and basically confirmed that if Klay doesn’t injure himself THE DAY BEFORE THE ING DRAFT, the SA/GS trade goes down. Not a case of nothing happening.
    We doing this again? Link your source.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We doing this again? Link your source.
    It was an interview before our first GS game. Believe it or not. Don’t care one way or another. If you need some sort of proof, find it yourself.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This being leaked could mean that Rudy and Patty are actually on the block.

What team has a problem for which LMA is the solution? Hard to see that happening.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was an interview before our first GS game. Believe it or not. Don’t care one way or another. If you need some sort of proof, find it yourself.
    I did find it. It was a RADIO interview, posted by a person on spurstalk. You never heard it with your own ears. Don't get snappy with me. You know you're full of when you can't admit that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah that's not true.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You keep believing that then

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This being leaked could mean that Rudy and Patty are actually on the block.

What team has a problem for which LMA is the solution? Hard to see that happening.
    Boston is looking for a shooting big, something they’ve been missing since Horford, and they have a TE large enough for LMA. It would also fit Rudy, with room to spare.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TBH, everyone has known for the last two years that they are available for the right price. Nothing new here. They aren’t getting traded bc Spurs have no reason to trade expiring contracts unless it’s for first rounders CC and no one that could use them has one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You keep believing that then
    I saw the interview when it happened I just don’t feel the need to find it for ST’s doubting Thomas, if it even got posted to the web in the first place. DGAF if you believe it or not. If you require proof, find it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's what exstatic calls a "credible" source.

https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=289039

Trying to play it off as if he heard it himself

You don't spread news like this unless you're 100% sure it's real. If you don't confirm it, you're basically spreading lies. Exstatic needs to go to journalism school 101.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The mind believes what it wants it to believe. Then pride double downs on it.

It's how you end up with Trumpers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's what exstatic calls a "credible" source.

https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=289039

Trying to play it off as if he heard it himself

You don't spread news like this unless you're 100% sure it's real. If you don't confirm it, you're basically spreading lies. Exstatic needs to go to journalism school 101.
    and he keeps telling us to go look for the source even though it doesn't exist, only in his head. Burden of proof and all that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TBH, everyone has known for the last two years that they are available for the right price. Nothing new here. They aren’t getting traded bc Spurs have no reason to trade expiring contracts unless it’s for first rounders CC and no one that could use them has one.
    Well, yeah. There’s that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The mind believes what it wants it to believe. Then pride double downs on it.

It's how you end up with Trumpers.
    I think this a link to the interview if anyone wants to figure it out.

https://omny.fm/shows/tolbert-kruege...riors-includin

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man let it go. Ex was citing an interview and you showed a post here about it. Kerr is a pro and not going to come out and say, "Man we dodged a bullet by sending the Wiseman pick to SA for the carcass of LMA" People read between the lines and come away with their own conclusions. It sounds like it was talked about and may have even been close to happening or it may not have ever transpired even with a healthy Klay.

Ex is a good poster and Dej, you are keeping it interesting around here.

Thread Information