Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wasn't Jalen Rose the #1 option on that team?
    Just looked it up on basketball reference and Jalen Rose did lead the Pacers in scoring during the '99-'00 season but it was very close. Jalen averaged 18.2 points per game, while Reggie averaged 18.1 per game. During the playoffs Reggie lead the Pacers in scoring at 24 per game while Jalen was averaging 20.8.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't look at Spurs Rodman look at Pistons Rodman. Then realize that there is only one basketball and that team had Jordan, Pippen and other scorers and needed defense and rebounding. Suddenly it makes sense why Denis didn't shoot.

Also why are you complaining about the Spurs on the list? San Antonio isn't the Lakers and has four in the top 75..... How many does the Pelicans have?
    Rodman was a great role player much like Bowen was for the Spurs. I don't believe the Spurs would have won the 3 les they did during the '00s if he wasn't on the team but that doesn't make him a great player. The same applies to Rodman.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A lot of the guys on the list are headscratchers, but in what universe does Dennis ing Rodman deserve to be called a top 75 basketball player of all time? If he was the best player on a team they'd be the worst team in the NBA.
    Yeah, that's another dumb one. Considering everything, Danny Green has a legit case of having a better career than Rodman. If Rodman didn't start dying his hair and fall off the deep end, the mayonnaise eating voters who came up with this list would have never heard of him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    eh spurs were always going to get screwed in this list, if nephew had stayed and had the exact same raptors playoff run here he wouldnt have got in either

but aside from that its still a pretty bad list, dwight must be pissed one way players like dame and melo got in over him
    Dame,Melo,Rodman were some terrible picks. I'm not a fan of Westbrook but I knew he would get in since he had won a league MVP and had the triple double records. Him and Melo are the best example of how stat padding will get you recognition.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, that's another dumb one. Considering everything, Danny Green has a legit case of having a better career than Rodman. If Rodman didn't start dying his hair and fall off the deep end, the mayonnaise eating voters who came up with this list would have never heard of him.
    Agreed. Rodman benefitted from being a celebrity. It enhanced his legacy as a player.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At the top 50 all retaining their spots ahead of the likes of P. Gasol, Ginobili, Howard, and Parker. That's what happens when the voters are primarily comprised of agenda driven, old school fools, with their limited understanding of the game, overvaluing things like counting stats/accolades and failing to apply context to them.

S bag's inclusion was inevitable and I don't even have a problem with it, but you just know the majority voted for him based on his two fradulant Finals MVP's.
    I couldn't have said that part any better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    rodman was probably one of the best defenders ever to play the game. Could literally guard any position. If he didnt go full re vs Houston spurs def ring in '95

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    rodman was probably one of the best defenders ever to play the game. Could literally guard any position. If he didnt go full re vs Houston spurs def ring in '95
    Rodman's defense was 90% overblown. He was one of the original stat s in the NBA. All he really cared about was racking up rebounds. He would routinely leave his man to put himself in better rebounding position. Time and score be damned. Watch how this supposed all-time defender left Robert Horry wide open . . .

That's like Forbesian level defense in the biggest possession of the 1995 NBA season. All because he wanted another rebound.

Rodman is lucky he somehow became a celebrity and that rebounds are one of the few stats generated on the defensive end. I mean, Rodman was a pretty good defender at his best but he'd literally be a nobody if he didn't go crazy and the one thing he could reliably do on the basketball court wasn't tracked.

If Danny Green had rainbow hair, dated Rihanna and perimeter defense had a corresponding stat that could be counted, he'd be looked at as better than Rodman.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rodman's defense was 90% overblown. He was one of the original stat s in the NBA. All he really cared about was racking up rebounds. He would routinely leave his man to put himself in better rebounding position. Time and score be damned. Watch how this supposed all-time defender left Robert Horry wide open . . .

That's like Forbesian level defense in the biggest possession of the 1995 NBA season. All because he wanted another rebound.

Rodman is lucky he somehow became a celebrity and that rebounds are one of the few stats generated on the defensive end. I mean, Rodman was a pretty good defender at his best but he'd literally be a nobody if he didn't go crazy and the one thing he could reliably do on the basketball court wasn't tracked.

If Danny Green had rainbow hair, dated Rihanna and perimeter defense had a corresponding stat that could be counted, he'd be looked at as better than Rodman.

Id like to see danny green check shaq or malone and literally make them cry

Last edited by slick'81; 10-22-2021 at 03:00 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Good post.

Grant was a better third wheel to MJ and Pippen than Rodman.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dame over manu. Breaks my heart

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Kobe is suddenly a top 10 player all-time because he died young?
    Kobe is vastly overrated. Top 30 player not close to Top 10. Shaq was being triple teammed at times in those first 3 championships and Kobe still shot a meh percentage. And Pau was as good as Kobe in at least 1 of their 2 les. He also mailed in on defense the last 6 or so years of his career despite making some all-defensive teams.

HOF er, most definitely. But the fact that even many Laker fans think he's better than Magic or "carried" Shaq is ridiculous.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ginobli should be an overrated ball hog like lillard. the euro step changed the league and manu was the catalyst for that move becoming such an integral part of a player's arsenal. not to mention manu's ferocity on both sides of the ball and his sheer will to win.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not a rodman fan

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dennis Rodman is one of the most overrated and one dimensional players the NBA has ever seen. I'd rather have Ben Wallace.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know Spurs fans love to hate Kobe, but dude won 5 rings and was absolutely dominant. Its insane to think he's not top 10 imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also I know y'all hate Melo, but dude averaged over 20ppg for over 15 years in a very defensive period in the NBA. He fits on that list.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know Spurs fans love to hate Kobe, but dude won 5 rings and was absolutely dominant. Its insane to think he's not top 10 imo.
    Kobe would make my top 10, but just barely. No way I'm taking him over Jordan, Wilt, Kareem, Magic, Tim, Bird, or LeBron, and I'm giving Shaq and Hakeem the edge too. But I'll take Kobe over Dr J, Curry, Durant, or Moses and especially over statpadding Oscar Robertson, so I guess I'd have him #10 all time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The one that always pisses me off is Rodman being hailed as some kind of warrior who wins you les by the sports media all because Chicago was the only team willing to even make an offer for him after the crap he pulled here in the 95 playoffs. This mother er gave up and started jacking wild threes up in the first quarter of a must win Game 2 of the 95 WCF to force the coach to bench him. Guess he was being a baby about being blamed for losing Game 1 when he left Horry wide open to statpad his rebound numbers, so let's just give the whole series away?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ This current top 75 is not a basketball based merit system.
    It's a mixture of entertainment and corruption per par.

Lebron in a Flamers uniform when he's played what, 2 seasons out of 17 as an ABC/Disney/NBA LakerRef?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    List is garbage, how the player with best win% in the history of the league isn't on that list is beyond me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kobe would make my top 10, but just barely. No way I'm taking him over Jordan, Wilt, Kareem, Magic, Tim, Bird, or LeBron, and I'm giving Shaq and Hakeem the edge too. But I'll take Kobe over Dr J, Curry, Durant, or Moses and especially over statpadding Oscar Robertson, so I guess I'd have him #10 all time.
    I'd definitely put him above Bird and probably Shaq and Hakeem. Shaq is more debateable tho and neither is open and shut.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd definitely put him above Bird and probably Shaq and Hakeem. Shaq is more debateable tho and neither is open and shut.
    I think Shaq is wildly underrated these days, it's like everyone has forgotten how dominant he was in the early 2000s. Olajuwon has to be there for (1) winning the 94 le without another allstar and (2) for winning a le in 95 in arguably the most difficult road there has ever been having to beat Utah, Phoenix, the Spurs, and Magic when they were all right around 60 win teams. With Bird it's another case of his absolute prime being ridiculous just like Shaq.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Id like to see danny green check shaq or malone and literally make them cry

Shaq still shot above 60 percent for FG percentage in that series in '96. Rodman guarded him well for stretches but he would not be able to guard him for a full game. You can have a highlight reel of Malik Rose guarding Shaq for stretches but that doesn't mean Malik could check Shaq for a full game.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Garbage list. Panders to popularity and recency bias.

Thread Information