Page 50 of 171 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100150 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 4270
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last year there were strong reports and rumors that the Spurs wanted Patrick Williams, as fill and need at sf/pf. after this season, I wouldn't be to shocked if they look towards a similar guy, that has the size and strength to play the 3 and four.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Shams Charania
    ShamsCharania
    1h
    Sources: The NBA has informed franchises that team and league personnel must be fully-vaccinated in order to the attend the 2021 Draft Combine in June in Chicago, unless there's medical or religious reason for no vaccination.
    or if your name is Lebron James

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count

Pro-Kai Jones people need to watch this.

This video contains his missed shots, which tell more of a complete story.

His shot attempts at mid-range and at the 3 are U G L Y.

They look like out-of-control, unnatural shots. There's a spectrum that goes like this for shots:

1 - mechanical
    5- fluid, natural
    10 - out of control

Kai's jumpers are at 10. I don't see a real path for him to become a reliable shooter. That form is broken. The way he sets his feet is bad. There is no consistency in either. It seems like he's adjusting his form in every shot attempt.

With that said, I'm not anti-Kai. No question the athleticism is there for him to excel as a rim rolling big.
    i watched kai jones all season a lowlight video does not represent his game he was tremendously misused by shaka smart...........kai jones or greg brown will be a spurs as rc is targeting both....................

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i watched kai jones all season a lowlight video does not represent his game he was tremendously misused by shaka smart...........kai jones or greg brown will be a spurs as rc is targeting both....................
    A lot of people have you on ignore, don't they?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So we should find out about the coin flip tomorrow afternoon right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for sharing Dejounte. Lots of great footage there.

While I like that guys videos for how comprehensive they are, it frustrates me as to why he doesn't put the footage in chronological order.
    It would be easier to track some of the erratic shot taking, decision making progression linearly - especially with a prospect as raw as Kai Jones is.

I believe if you see Kai as simply a rim rolling big on O at the NBA level, you have to drop him about 8 - 10 spots on your draft board.
    To me that is not where his value to a team would come in.

I'm buying that, (with some time mind you), he could be a 3/4 - (a stretch-ish 4 on Offense and a switchable perimeter defender/paint helper 3 on the other end).

If he can continue to develop his perimeter shot with some tweaks (a big if), you can simplify the game initially for him on Offense to C&S -> Attacking a close out, Swing Passes and Dunker's Spot catches/lobs. (He's shown a propensity for this already).

On Defense, well, lets just say it's a little more complicated. How much is between the ears, what has been taught about basic defensive principles, how much energy is he willing to exert on a possession? etc etc.

Hopefully he has a workout with the Spurs and they can get a breakdown of his shooting.
    If they draft him, you can best believe they feel it's correctable and translatable to the next level.
    What you’re banking on is a Kawhi level absolute maximum ceiling reach. Teams that draft for that usually fail, because it so rarely happens. Teams that draft for the player to fall somewhere in the 30-70% floor/ceiling usually succeed year after year. Sometimes they even get lucky like we did with Kawhi, or Milwaukee did with Freak. Sometimes, you get the 30%, like Lonnie.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Quote from reddit that I agree with:

"Well look at a guy like Cameron Johnson, now he is an occasional starter/sixth man for the 2 seed in the west, but the Suns were almost universally shat upon for drafting him where they did.

Fans and front offices alike tend to value the unknown potential of players because they could be anything, versus a proven commodity where it is easy to see what their ceiling is. Look at guy like Cam Reddish (drafted right before Cam Johnson) where somebody can sit there and imagine “well he wasn’t utilized correctly, he is young and if we can fix those problems he could have an All-NBA ceiling”"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Based upon the coin flip, the San Antonio Spurs have been removed from the NBA draft and relocated to the moon." - Adam Silver, probably

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Quote from reddit that I agree with:

"Well look at a guy like Cameron Johnson, now he is an occasional starter/sixth man for the 2 seed in the west, but the Suns were almost universally shat upon for drafting him where they did.

Fans and front offices alike tend to value the unknown potential of players because they could be anything, versus a proven commodity where it is easy to see what their ceiling is. Look at guy like Cam Reddish (drafted right before Cam Johnson) where somebody can sit there and imagine “well he wasn’t utilized correctly, he is young and if we can fix those problems he could have an All-NBA ceiling”"
    If the Spurs draft a second year “occasional starter/sixth man” with our lottery pick, this place would melt down, Vesuvius style. We got the better Johnson in that draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What you’re banking on is a Kawhi level absolute maximum ceiling reach. Teams that draft for that usually fail, because it so rarely happens. Teams that draft for the player to fall somewhere in the 30-70% floor/ceiling usually succeed year after year. Sometimes they even get lucky like we did with Kawhi, or Milwaukee did with Freak. Sometimes, you get the 30%, like Lonnie.
    Not banking on it, it is the lottery after all.

Maybe it’s Kai, maybe it’s not.
    I’m not married to the choice and think overall this draft class lacks the depth
    of last years.

All the prospects in our range have question marks about how they can contribute at the next level - whether physically, mentally or positionally - (even Cade some scouts view as no sure thing).

From memory, Lonnie was projected by many to bust with question marks on his health (meniscus tear/awkward body control which could lead to repeated stress injuries) and the erratic play.

We all have player’s we like for whatever reason. I was stating mine. It’s cool to disagree.

Some are in love with Moses Moody for example, what I see is an Otto Porter/Trevor Ariza hybrid. Nothing wrong with that, just not my lottery type of pick for this year.

If you going to provide an education of sorts for drafting philosophy, please provide insights to a player that you like in this range that fits your criteria.

My max ceiling version of Kai I’m going to keep to myself as I know how ridiculous it sounds.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would not be mad at Kispert either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fingers crossed boys! 11 sounds so much better than 12 lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fingers crossed boys! 11 sounds so much better than 12 lol
    Either way, I don't think the Hornets would target the players the Spurs need. So for me, this is just an increase to the chances to get into the top 4.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jonathan Givony @DraftExpress

Ties in the final regular season standings for determining the order of the 2021 NBA Draft are being broken right now. The drawings are being conducted using a standard lottery machine with team-identified ping pong balls, overseen by a representative of Ernst & Young, LLP.

11:26am · 25 May 2021 · Twitter Web App

Jonathan Givony @DraftExpress

A memo to NBA teams announcing the results of the tiebreakers will be distributed "shortly after the drawings are completed." Video of the drawings will air on NBA TV later that night. -- Cleveland/OKC at No. 4, Chicago/New Orleans/Sacramento at No. 8 are the two big tiebreakers.

11:28am · 25 May 2021 · Twitter Web App

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I count ten players who would be extremely easy to pick:

Cunningham
    Green
    Suggs
    Mobley
    Kuminga
    Moody
    Barnes
    Giddey
    Wagner
    Keon

The rest of the field has enough question marks that you have to at least hesitate before pulling the trigger. So, yeah, getting pick 11 would be nice, tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, they have to televise the coin flip? Seems over dramatic....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I assume the results will leak soon but maybe the NBA will instruct teams to be quiet until it airs on NBA TV. I don't think the coinflips have ever been televised.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My interpretation from that tweet is the results will come before it is televised. They're just going to show the drawing tonight (for people who don't keep up on Twitter and social media). Maybe I'm wrong.
    Last edited by Dejounte; 05-25-2021 at 12:27 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i'm pretty sure woj or shams will be on it and we should know before the airing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i'm pretty sure woj or shams will be on it and we should know before the airing.
    i'm pretty sure woj or shams will know before they even flip the coin

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i'm pretty sure woj or shams will know before they even flip the coin

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. Cade Cunningham
    2. Jonathan Kuminga
    3. Evan Mobley
    4. Jalen Green
    5. Jalen Suggs
    6. Franz Wagner
    7. Moses Moody
    8. Corey Kispert
    9. Jalen Johnson
    10. Alperen Sengun
    11. Josh Giddey
    12. Keon Johnson
    13. Jared Butler
    14. Scottie Barnes
    15. James Bouknight
    16. Zaire Williams
    17. Kai Jones
    18. Usman Garuba
    19. Tre Mann
    20. Sharife Cooper
    21. Davion Mitc
    22. Jaden Springer
    23. Ayo Dosunmu
    24. Isaiah Jackson
    25. Chris Duarte

On my current Spurs BB I expect 3 players in the 6-11 range to be available if we pick at 11.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Results are in ....

Thread Information