Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So after the stressful double OT game 1, what adjustments do you expect from both side ?

Overall I don't believe Spurs and Warriors will make tons of adjustments.

Jackson will certainly try to rest Curry vs. playing him all night long and Thompson will try to stay out of fool trouble. Bogut will certainly continue to be a headache for Jackson as Pop won't hesitate to hack him if needed. Other than that in O they attacked Spurs the right way with high PnR, Curry with his capability to shoot from very deep and his quick release is a nightmare to defend. So globally they will continue to play the same game plan.

For the Spurs now, all will begin with health, with a 100% healthy Duncan D should improve tremendously. Surprisingly enough imo the biggest issue in game 1 was GS interior scoring, it was a lay up fest in game 1 because of lack of interior shot blocking presence. Don't know if Tiago will be back but it would obviously help.
    Will the Spurs try something else on Curry ? probably but I don't see a lot of options. Curry explodes generally in second half so maybe give a shot to Leonard at the beginning of 3rd quarter to try to derail the machine then come back at him in the middle of the fourth ?

Thoughts ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The best adjustment for the Spurs would be a healthy Duncan, Splitter's return, and more minutes for Diaw. That would eliminate the 25 combined minutes played by Bonner and Blair.

Curry is a phenomenal player. Size did seem to affect him, so more Green/Leonard and less TP/Cojo. That strategy has it's own problems as you often wind up with a PG guarding Thompson or Barnes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Baynes on Curry

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree with both your points. Limited adjustments from the W's. I thought their gameplan was solid and well executed for the most part.

Pop coached a pretty dumb game for the first 3 quarters and Timmy's health + rust didnt help either. The Bonner/Blair pairing was awful as expected and CoJo got too long of a leash when Curry was lighting him up in the 3rd.

I'd like to see them start the offense with Danny/Kawhi/Boris handling the ball up top and have TP run through baseline screens to try and free him from Thompson or force a switch. Thompson's length bothered the out of him as expected.

More time for Manu and probably more smallball IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree with both your points. Limited adjustments from the W's. I thought their gameplan was solid and well executed for the most part.

Pop coached a pretty dumb game for the first 3 quarters and Timmy's health + rust didnt help either. The Bonner/Blair pairing was awful as expected and CoJo got too long of a leash when Curry was lighting him up in the 3rd.

I'd like to see them start the offense with Danny/Kawhi/Boris handling the ball up top and have TP run through baseline screens to try and free him from Thompson or force a switch. Thompson's length bothered the out of him as expected.

More time for Manu and probably more smallball IMO.
    The more the Spurs can run Curry/Thompson through screens the better, imo.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Curry will try to set up teammates in the first half like he did in game 1, so feel the game out first but maybe put leonard on him as the game plan switches in the second half. On our end we need a healthy duncan, it was so easy to lay up on him in game. Before I knew of the illness I was wondering what was happening.

Pop barely makes any drastic changes unless forced to, so I think you'll see the same starting lineup with diaw, and then splitter comes in off the bench.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Get Shawn Eckardt to do a job on Curry's knee.

Oh, , never mind; he died in 2007.

Seriously, I hope we can figure SOME way to slow Curry down. I don't have the answer; Kawhi seemed to do a good job but he also got Curry after he had tired from playing so much.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    GSW's game plan worked for the most part so I dont see any changes on that front.
    Like someone else said, maybe put kawaii on thompson so on a pnr kawaii gets put on curry, and green on thompson. Yeah then parker is probably on barnes but if they decide to put the ball in barnes hands with both curry and thompson on the floor that doesn sound like a bad thing. I actually see limited scoring for them if they decide to do that.

On our end, if timmy has an open jumper he has to make them pay for bogut camping out in the paint. Unless bogut is on him, splitter should be able to back down any of their other bigs. Manu with splitter pnr against a smaller team should be run more than a few times.

Maybe put baynes in at the beginning of the second half to hack bogut a few times, it's right around the time curry will want to take the game over.

I dont see gsw playing any better than game 1, you cant play much better than that. Was it team ball? No, it was a glitch in a video game where curry just couldnt miss.

Also, jackson wont admit it but it was a mistake to play curry all 48 minutes in regulation, look for him to get rest. And if he doesnt want thompson and the other (barnes?) to foul out again then that means parker should have an easier time in the lanes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will Splitter be available for game 2 tonight? If so and he's mobile enough, our chances at defending the PnR go way up and our defense will hold them under 95 points.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The best adjustment for the Spurs would be a healthy Duncan, Splitter's return, and more minutes for Diaw. That would eliminate the 25 combined minutes played by Bonner and Blair.

Curry is a phenomenal player. Size did seem to affect him, so more Green/Leonard and less TP/Cojo. That strategy has it's own problems as you often wind up with a PG guarding Thompson or Barnes.
    This.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    quit playing for first 44 minutes like the last 10 season games were played.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We may try not to adjust at all and just hope Duncan will not be as slow in help D as he was, or we could put kawhi on that dude, green on thompson and parker on barnes.

Kawhiiii
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sign beverly

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully Splitter plays, Tim is feeling better and Kahwi sticks to Curry like glue..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want to see some major Greco-Roman style wrestling between Baynes & Bogut, dagnabbit.

Also, Jackson should definitely give RJ more minutes.

That is all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker said he expects to start on Steph tonight. Expect Spurs to continue to throw kitchen sink at him.

https://twitter.com/JMcDonald_SAEN

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whatever it takes to keep the Warriors' shooting percentage well under 60% for the entirety of the game and not just for the last 4 minutes of regulation. That was the most amazing thing to me about Game 1; given the Warriors' exceptional shooting percentage and the Spurs' abysmal percentage for most of the night, it was surprising that the game had even been close -- usually when there's a 20 point disparity in the percentages late in a game, one team has absolutely run the other off the floor. In parts of the 4th quarter in Game 1, the Warriors were well north of 60% and the Spurs were below 40% without a massive turnover differential, without a huge disparity in FTA, without a huge difference in attempts, and without a huge difference in the number of 3's made. The numbers, just at a quick glance, made a 16-18 point lead for the Warriors seem unusually small.

I think it would help the Spurs a lot to be quicker to loose balls and aggressive on the defensive glass; getting stops is paramount and taking advantage of opportunities to actually stop a possession is something I don't think the Spurs did very well for most of Game 1.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. Hope Splitter nuts up and plays. If so, run more post plays via either him or TD (whoever Bogut is not guarding)
    2. More minutes for Diaw, especially if Tim is not back to 100%
    3. Blair stays nailed to the bench, Bonner in for 10 mins at the most
    4. Gang rebounding; for their size GSW got too many offensive rebounds
    5. More off-the-ball movement, screens and cuts to the basket instead of vanilla 2-man PnR with 3 others standing and watching
    6. They will try and attack whoever TP is guarding (Curry or Klay). Throw different looks, sometimes playing straight up, sometimes trapping, etc and see if they can make good decisions consistently

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I also think Spurs should slow down a bit game pace. GS seems very quick on transition defense so there is no big advantage at pushing the pace. A slow pace could derail a bit their hot hands on O. Time for old school Spurs ball maybe?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The other point is also refs adjustments. FTAs disparity was big, a lot of commentators reported that Spurs have been favored down the stretch by the call, I definitely expect a more favorable ref calling for GS through game 2

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Leonard on Curry for as long as possible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Through 3 quarters, the Warriors were an absolutely insane .698 (30-43) on two pointers in Game 1, including 12-14 in the 3rd quarter. More than that, while you'd expect them to shoot well in the paint (and they did during that time, going 19-25 (.760)), they shot the ball really well on midrange jumpers, going 10-17 (.588).

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let Curry get as many shots as he wants. Even with that ridiculous game, it took him 35 shots and 6 TOs to get that many points. Harrison Barnes and Klay Thompson should not be scoring 19 a piece so efficiently so focus on shutting them down.

Pray Duncan and Splitter are healthier to make quicker rotations so the Warriors don't score so many easy points in the paint.

If the Warriors keep throwing Klay Thompson on Parker, go after Curry on the offensive end. He will most likely be guarding Green. If Green catches fire again, Curry will tire out on the defensive end chasing him. If the Warriors are dumb enough to put Curry on Leonard, post him up every time.

Win the battle of the boards. The Spurs gathered one more offensive rebound than the Warriors, which is a good sign. But they should win by a bigger margin especially since the Warriors are missing David Lee.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Win the battle of the boards. The Spurs gathered one more offensive rebound than the Warriors, which is a good sign. But they should win by a bigger margin especially since the Warriors are missing David Lee.
    Not sure rebound was an issue, they were shooting insane there was not a lot of rebounds to catch on their miss tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like how you fail to mention that your crush (Parker) needs to be more than a traffic cone on defense. Or attack when he has bigger, slower defenders like Thompson on him. Dumb Parker homer.

Thread Information