My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jordan himself said Kobe is a top 10 guard of all time. I agree with that assessment. How about you? I can't think of 10 better guards than Kobe...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Jordan himself said Kobe is a top 10 guard of all time. I agree with that assessment. How about you? I can't think of 10 better guards than Kobe...

since no one else will I guess I will begrudgingly support your ty thread.... but gotdam son do you own yourself like this on the regular....top 10 means anywhere from 1-10...could be 1 or 2...wink wink...

The Most Sexy Troll on the Interwebs Hemotivo's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    what are your thoughts on kobe being on the cusp of passing you for the 11th spot on the all-time scoring list?
    john havlicek: Actually, i thought he already surpassed me and that is was a foregone conclusion that he would eclipse me because he's been playing a number of years.
    He came right out of high school and with the career that he's had and the teams that he's played with -- he's been surrounded by good players and championship-caliber coaches --it's not surprising.
    hondo

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

as Kobe marches through history:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But...if he meant top 1-2, why didn't he say that? Don't play dumb

Edit: Don't be dumb

Back 2 Back
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I can't think of 10 better guards than Kobe...
    you do realize what you just said right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you do realize what you just said right?
    Yes, that I consider him in the top 10...since I cannot think of 10 better guards...that means he's definitely top 5 in my opinion

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The discussion will always include Jordan, Magic, West, Robertson, Kobe.

Isiah, Stockton, Drexler could be thrown in the discussion. Havlicek, Payton, some may even say Allen Iverson. I'm just listing people off the top of my head, but Kobe has to be top 5 when it's all said and done...top 3 if he adds another le or two.

Dryer than Kunta's ankles Ashy Larry's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    well if dude is already the second best shooting guard in NBA history) at least third in many people's eyes - Jerry West), he has to be in the top 6 guards and I can see him behind MJ, Magic and maybe Oscar.

Other than that, he's top 5 in my opinion.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Kobe's already in the discussion of top 10 "players" ever, just like Duncan and Shaq are. How high on the list he ranks is a matter of opinion. Of course he's a top 10 guard. Nothing surprising about Jordan's comments. Kobe can win 5 more les and 5 more League MVPs and Jordan would probably still find a way to marginalize Kobe as a player in order to help his own legacy. That's Jordan's mentality. That's his ego. And I don't see the big deal. We all know that's how Jordan is. And well, he can say whatever the he wants to say. He's the GOAT. I might be a Jordan hater, but he is. So yeah, he can say whatever he wants to say.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's hard to compare NBA all-time greats conidering that each era is different: the compe ion is not the same, the rules, the style of play, the officiating tenedencies, the knowledge about nutrition and workouts, etc...

Parker/Nash/Wade Roddy Beaubois's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Why isn't cry havoc posting a million "All Kobe, All the time" links in this thread and quoting himself?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    1 MJ
    2 Kobe

3 Magic

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    1 MJ
    2 Kobe

3 Magic
    No way.

1. Magic
    2. Kobe

3. MJ

Jordan got more les, but he needed Magic and Bird to get old to win them, and Kobe will catch Jordan in les this year also John Wooden said Kobe is the best he's ever seen.

Kobe is more skilled then MJ and plays in a tougher era.

Thread Information