Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Stunning how much plastic and it's effects on life.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/the-great-pacific-garbage-patch-cleaning-up-the-plastic-in-the-ocean-60-minutes-2019-08-18/

Spurs Fan
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The Great Pacific Garbage Patch is 617,000 square miles of trash in the ocean. This is really sad. This is a global crisis and I don't know how we as a society contain and stop this.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    https://i.guim.co.uk/img/media/f2d6597f4f903886fbb87a6bcc321296398b9558/0_403_5400_3240/master/5400.jpg?width=700&quality=85&auto=format&fit=max&

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The Great Pacific Garbage Patch is 617,000 square miles of trash in the ocean. This is really sad. This is a global crisis and I don't know how we as a society contain and stop this.
    And plastic has now gone everywhere.
    Not just the patches. Of which there are said to be 4 more huge ones earthwide like the Great Pacific.

Obviously the politicians and most corporations, especially the ones whose profits count on plastic aren't going to do .

Spurs Fan
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    And plastic has now gone everywhere.
    Not just the patches. Of which there are said to be 4 more huge ones earthwide like the Great Pacific.

Obviously the politicians and most corporations, especially the ones whose profits count on plastic aren't going to do .
    This is a weird thing to say but there is a bright side here, and that is these plastics are in massive chunks so they are easily identifiable. The real problem is stopping the flow of plastics into the ocean. Then we can focus on cleanup.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Arizona State Sun Devils

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Raining plastic as well.
    I can't imagine this is good for anything.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/14/healt...rnd/index.html

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    This is a weird thing to say but there is a bright side here, and that is these plastics are in massive chunks so they are easily identifiable. The real problem is stopping the flow of plastics into the ocean. Then we can focus on cleanup.
    My unscientific guess is that being exposed to sun and sal er for that length of time is resulting in toxins being leached out of the bottles and into the ocean.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    My unscientific guess is that being exposed to sun and sal er for that length of time is resulting in toxins being leached out of the bottles and into the ocean.
    Concur Xs 10.
    Also upthread where poster mentioned good news is lots of it is still floating and identifiable. Problem is a whole load % of it has partially disintegrated, partically sank (fish think mmmnnn squid) and bottom living creatures eat. It's a massive, massive problem.

Myself, while not wanting to ignite the Creation vs Evolution here (do it on the Cre vs Ev thread), I believe it's only going to be Gods intervention that saves this. Current and future batch of humans are not going to clean this up. Pretty sure we are all getting plastic inside of us as fish etc are filling up on it. Now it's in the rain too? Lovely.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    China

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    & yet if you throw a single straw off a cruise liner they'll disembark your ass at the next port-o-call.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    & yet if you throw a single straw off a cruise liner they'll disembark your ass at the next port-o-call.
    So, don't throw a straw off the boat.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    it was the last straw that broke the camel's back

Thread Information