Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did u guys really think Dallas going to give up that easy? the shots not going in this game. Don't worry we have another game at home. its not game 7 and its not do or die for us, but for Dallas it is. Where were u all the mellow drama people when we took 3-1 lead?

Just calm the duck down.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I never thought the Spurs were winning this game. Up 3-1 meant we can close it out at home in game 6. That's your best shot to win the series.. Game 5 was not gonna happen with Dallas up against it and being home..

Chillin' like a villain... TampaDude's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly...if the roles were reversed, we'd be blowing them out...it's just desperate energy...the Mavs need to build a huge lead so there's no chance of a Spurs comeback. Let them shoot their wad tonight. We'll close it out in Game 6, I guarantee it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did u guys really think Dallas going to give up that easy?
    No, but I didn't think the Spurs would give up that easy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly...if the roles were reversed, we'd be blowing them out...it's just desperate energy...the Mavs need to build a huge lead so there's no chance of a Spurs comeback. Let them shoot their wad tonight. We'll close it out in Game 6, I guarantee it.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    X2. We've been there done that. We won't crack under the pressure of a home game 6 like Mavs fans are convincing themselves as I type this.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And do really think NBA going to get this out in 5 games? think about how much money they lose if it over tonight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one thought the Mavs were going to give up. And those that did obviously do not know basketball.

Going in, I think every fan understood that this was going to be a hard-fought game, those that thought the Spurs were going to cakewalk over the Mavs were frankly delusional.

But the effort the Spurs gave was pathetic, from the get go. That is disconcerting, especially since they had a golden opportunity here. The Mavs are a very talented team, fully capable of beating the Spurs in 7 games. To think otherwise, and to not try and take advantage of every opportunity to close them out, is playing with fire.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one thought the Mavs were going to give up. And those that did obviously do not know basketball.

Going in, I think every fan understood that this was going to be a hard-fought game, those that thought the Spurs were going to cakewalk over the Mavs were frankly delusional.

But the effort the Spurs gave was pathetic, from the get go. That is disconcerting, especially since they had a golden opportunity here. The Mavs are a very talented team, fully capable of beating the Spurs in 7 games. To think otherwise, and to not try and take advantage of every opportunity to close them out, is playing with fire.
    This

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And do really think NBA going to get this out in 5 games? think about how much money they lose if it over tonight.
    What's the argument now? Refs didn't play much of a part in this game.

Maybe the NBA ed the Spurs gatorade.

Pop, the Mastermind superjames1992's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't expect to win, but I didn't expect the Spurs to get blown out either.

That said, it's no time to panic, but game 6 is a must-win.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We're up 3-1

we're winning it at home is what comes to mind

so yeah, people calm down

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Although, to be fair, Pop's line-ups sucked as well and he veered from what had been working for them. He made some terrible line-up calls early on thereby giving the Mavs a double digit lead and some great confidence.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting stat for y'all: Out of the 189 times a team has been down 3-1, that team has only come back to win the series 8 times, but 71% of those 189 teams actually won Game 5.

It's just "back against the wall" desperation. Let the Mavs shoot their wad tonight. The Spurs will win Game 6 by double digits and advance.

Dirk pees n the riverwalk
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    We'll see bud. Its good to see how your team reacts when you get punched back. We [ut that scrub Blair in check tonight. You guys let the mavs gain momentum and you've been exposed...... Game 6 wont be as easy as you think. Tough? yes. I wouldnt guarantee anything Rasheed

Motivation for me... Stringer_Bell's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did u guys really think Dallas going to give up that easy? the shots not going in this game. Don't worry we have another game at home. its not game 7 and its not do or die for us, but for Dallas it is. Where were u all the mellow drama people when we took 3-1 lead?

Just calm the duck down.
    This game, like the first game, is not about Dallas - it's about the Spurs not putting themselves in a position to win. I didn't see ANY reason not to go hard at the Mavs this game, fight to close it out...but Pop seemed content to throw it since the first quarter (from Blair's fouls to Mason's playing time).

That said, Pop conceded the game when he put Ian in the game. Not that Ian sucks, but we know Pop doesn't play him unless it's garbage minutes. I just wish Manu/Timmy didn't set foot on the court at all, if Pop was gonna tank the game he doesn't have to disrespect them like that and put their efforts toward nothing.

Now we gotta sit through a barrage of articles tomorrow talking about the Mavs monster effort, refusal to die, and how they crushed the Spurs when it's clear that's not what happened.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is this is the 1st time we were in this situation? is this is the 1st time we playing this kinda game? no. So like i said before calm down people.

It's a process... mexicanjunior's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

+1

The confidence the Mavs built in this game is huge and I think this effort has cost the Spurs the series. Butler remembers that he is an all-star again and the switch to Haywood from Dampier has paid bigtime dividends.

Plus, Manu and Duncan have played like for 2 straight games. No guarantee that will change anytime soon...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We'll see bud. Its good to see how your team reacts when you get punched back. We [ut that scrub Blair in check tonight. You guys let the mavs gain momentum and you've been exposed...... Game 6 wont be as easy as you think. Tough? yes. I wouldnt guarantee anything Rasheed
    Exposed??? Hardly. Remember, the Mavs are the #2 seed. THEY were supposed to be up 3-1 after 4 games, not the other way around. The only thing that has been exposed is the Mavs.

Spurs in 6. I guaran- ing-tee it!

A VERY BAD man
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone who is surprised by this is crazy. Spurs would rather expend their energy in a higher odds game 6 at home, with the crowd behind them and a familiar court. It's not rocket science. You expend a bunch of energy here, and lose, then it just lessons your chances for a game 6 victory. Easy up, take a deep breath. Spurs got this.

It's a process... mexicanjunior's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is this is the 1st time we were in this situation? is this is the 1st time we playing this kinda game? no. So like i said before calm down people.
    With this roster? Yes it is...

I don't see clutch guys like Horry and Bowen walking through the doors to bail us out...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You havent watched the Spurs much in the big 3 era then.

2003- game 3 against Lakers...Spurs pussy game after being up 2-0
    2004- game 3 against Lakers...Spurs pussy game after being up 2-0
    2005- game 4 against SOnics...Spurs pussy game after being up 2-1
    2005 - games 3 and 4 against Pistons ...Spurs pussy games afer being up 2-0
    2006 - game 4 against Sac ....

I don't feel like going through 4 more years but this happens every year. The Spurs, despite how tough they are, tend to just take it easy for whatever reason when they are up in a series. The only one of those above games that I think devasted the team was game 4 against Detroit and Horry saved our asses.

BTW, i can't take credit for the term Spurs Pussy Game...I got that from some website last year...maybe Pounding The Rock?

Dirk pees n the riverwalk
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    This game, like the first game, is not about Dallas - it's about the Spurs not putting themselves in a position to win. I didn't see ANY reason not to go hard at the Mavs this game, fight to close it out...but Pop seemed content to throw it since the first quarter (from Blair's fouls to Mason's playing time).

That said, Pop conceded the game when he put Ian in the game. Not that Ian sucks, but we know Pop doesn't play him unless it's garbage minutes. I just wish Manu/Timmy didn't set foot on the court at all, if Pop was gonna tank the game he doesn't have to disrespect them like that and put their efforts toward nothing.

Now we gotta sit through a barrage of articles tomorrow talking about the Mavs monster effort, refusal to die, and how they crushed the Spurs when it's clear that's not what happened.
    how is that not what happened? we crushed you with your starters in the game.

Who cares what the media says, dont listen/read it. If you know anything about basketball or sports in general, you know that its settled on the court. You should only be concerned with what your players are saying.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You havent watched the Spurs much in the big 3 era then.

2003- game 3 against Lakers...Spurs pussy game after being up 2-0
    2004- game 3 against Lakers...Spurs pussy game after being up 2-0
    2005- game 4 against SOnics...Spurs pussy game after being up 2-1
    2005 - games 3 and 4 against Pistons ...Spurs pussy games afer being up 2-0
    2006 - game 4 against Sac ....

I don't feel like going through 4 more years but this happens every year. The Spurs, despite how tough they are, tend to just take it easy for whatever reason when they are up in a series. The only one of those above games that I think devasted the team was game 4 against Detroit and Horry saved our asses.

BTW, i can't take credit for the term Spurs Pussy Game...I got that from some website last year...maybe Pounding The Rock?
    Yup...in every one of their championship runs, the Spurs got utterly blown out at least once during the playoffs. They still have 4 rings.

Thread Information