Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think we really lack at this position. I know the NBA is moving to a more positionless type game, but we really lack length on our wings. We have tons of guards. A lot of 6'3"and 6'4" types. We don't have the 6'8"or 6'9" long wings.

What do we think about a guy like Bruno Caboclo? He is only 22 still. Is 6'9" and has a7'7" wingspan. He shot 34% from 3in the g league last year. With 6 attempts per game.

Could we pick him up as the project for missing out on OG?

https://youtu.be/QBcJWkg4fUs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really only know the name. But you are right - we are seriously depleted in guys who have both the size and quickness to play SF. But I kind of expect the team to stand pat for now. I think there has already been too much roster turnover for Pop's liking.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The kid lacks work ethic and a desire to adapt to the challenges of being a professional sportsman

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d take Brewer for the Vet Min, he’s obviously not a project and has no cieling at this point but I think he could play some solid bench minutes in our system.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With Boston signing Smart to a ~$13mm a year deal today, Marcus Morris for a pick might be a realistic option to keep the Celtics out of the luxury this year. I realize Morris is more of a 3/4 tweener but he plays hard and had a good playoff run for them this past year. Even better, he's cheap and plays with some nasty.

3 stars and a sun
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With Boston signing Smart to a ~$13mm a year deal today, Marcus Morris for a pick might be a realistic option to keep the Celtics out of the luxury this year. I realize Morris is more of a 3/4 tweener but he plays hard and had a good playoff run for them this past year. Even better, he's cheap and plays with some nasty.
    Ainge might ask for a lot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ainge might ask for a lot.
    He might. If he does RC can always tell him to piss off. We could even go bigger and try to pry both Morris and Rozier away from them with a combination of young guards and picks. Both those guys look like odd men out given how many players they currently have (and will have) invested big money in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've wanted the Spurs to sign Corey Brewer since 2011 - so basically he will sign with another team for the vet minimum...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think there’s a play for Wilson chandler involving Patty later in the season. They mostly acquired him for the asset from Denver and possible insurance in case they had to move RoCo to spurs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also if you had to rank the guys in the D Leauge/overseas, who is the best positioned to provide deep bench help at the SF:

Bloomgame; Dangabich; Hanga?

Also is Metu a 3 or 4?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How high are the Hawks on Taurean Prince? Could we pry him away from them? At first glance he looks like he has prototypical size for a 3&D. Improved his 3pt % significantly in his second year also. c

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How high are the Hawks on Taurean Prince? Could we pry him away from them? At first glance he looks like he has prototypical size for a 3&D. Improved his 3pt % significantly in his second year also. c
    Lol no way hawks are going to gift us an up and coming wing player like prince.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol no way hawks are going to gift us an up and coming wing player like prince.
    Roger that. I'm guessing they value him highly then.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Roger that. I'm guessing they value him highly then.
    I would think so. He's a good player and I think he's got potential to make an ASG or two. I doubt they would gift him to us without us giving up something valuable. Good players on rookie scale contracts are super valuable

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He seems like exactly the kind of player we SHOULD be targeting then. I mean, why throw assets at the Cory Brewers of the world when what we really need is to build a younger, better Kawhi.

Humor me. How expensive would he be for us assuming we could put together something that ATL would consider without hanging up on us?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They’d want Derrick white in return. There’s zero reason for them to just dump Prince

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They’d want Derrick white in return. There’s zero reason for them to just dump Prince
    I wouldn't expect them to dump him. Quite the contrary: After having looked a bit harder at Prince, I don't think we could get him for Murray and White. I wish we could put something together for him though considering how imbalanced our roster is right now. He looks like exactly what we need.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't expect them to dump him. Quite the contrary: After having looked a bit harder at Prince, I don't think we could get him for Murray and White. I wish we could put something together for him though considering how imbalanced our roster is right now. He looks like exactly what we need.
    You don't yhink.murray + white would get prince? This must be apo's new fake account.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You don't yhink.murray + white would get prince? This must be apo's new fake account.
    Please don't associate me with Oedipus. That is just wrong. I can actually form complete sentences.

Murray is still raw and White hasn't done anything yet outside of looking good against summer league guys that he damn well should have looked good against.
    What do you think it would take to get prince? Would it be worth the Spurs while considering our current roster imbalance?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Please don't associate me with Oedipus. That is just wrong. I can actually form complete sentences.

Murray is still raw and White hasn't done anything yet outside of looking good against summer league guys that he damn well should have looked good against.
    What do you think it would take to get prince? Would it be worth the Spurs while considering our current roster imbalance?
    Value wise white is enough but, they wouldn't being in a young guard to compete with the one they just drafted. Walker would do it but it would be an overpay in our part. If Murray is traded anywhere (which is doubtful) them it would be in a package for someone like kemba.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does Marvin Williams have anything left? He just turned 32 and has one more year after this one at about 15m. Money works for a swap for Pau, who can help Tony and JB instill a new “culture” in Charlotte.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For the love of everything that is holy, please don't sign Joe Johnson.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are quite a few guys out there that could help at SF, depending on whether Spurs are looking for starter or bench help. Really just comes down to how much salary they want to take on, what players/picks are they willing to let go.

Off the top of my head, a few guys that may not fit into long term plan for team, or have bad contracts, or expiring. (some already mentioned)

Demare Carroll
    Justin Winslow
    Nicholas Batum
    Marvin Williams
    Tim Hardaway Jr
    Stanley Johnson
    Moe Harkless

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've wanted Marvin Williams here for years, but there's no way he can play the 3 anymore..

I just really hope Gay isn't going to be the full-time 3..he's way too slow and has no lateral quickness remaining..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ll do Mills + Pau for Batum if they give us 2 firsts lol

Thread Information