Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Giannis needs to shoot from outside at an adequate clip (specifically 3's) like Lebron had to to finally ring, or he needs to be a 2 to a 1 like Kobe did with Shaq and then later Pau Gasol.

Old reddit thread on this: https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comment...annis_outside/

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Giannis needs to shoot from outside at an adequate clip (specifically 3's) like Lebron had to to finally ring, or he needs to be a 2 to a 1 like Kobe did with Shaq and then later Pau Gasol.

Old reddit thread on this: https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comment...annis_outside/

He seems like a hard worker, I can seem him developing one, but it will take a few years for it to be respectable. Fortunately he is only 24 years old. So if he can get one in the next couple of years he will be unstoppable in his prime.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude was missing shots from 4 feet, air balls at that.

This is a guy who spent a lot of time dunking the ball. He needs a shooting coach. He seemed quite mortal in these games.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do Leaders, MVP, top 5 players, Talents of a Generation.

STORM OUT OF THE POST GAME PRESS CONFERENCE
    after a disappointing loss and being questioned about his skillset?

This "freak" just did

Unskilled unschooled unhinged
    I was watching his pc on TNT; but they left before that happened I guess. Cos I didn't see that.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    high dribble not handles

4 step Euro with a flailing kick out is what he is

Giannas Thinks of himself as KD, but better

handles

NOT HANDLES
    Three steps it looked like. I saw a four step euro at another point in the series. Four is just ridiculous. You shouldn't even call yourself a ref if you're letting players do 4 steps.

For handles, KD is nothing special. He simply has a superior shot that players have to respect.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You copy-pasted his name OP. You're not fooling anyone.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yea, what a snowflake .

that that question would trigger that en led .

Earlier in the PC they asked if he needed to improve and he gave some crap about trusting his teammates; that's what I think got under his skin to start with.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You copy-pasted his name OP. You're not fooling anyone.
    His brother was Jimmer's teammate at Westchester. I know the name, fool.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Giannis needs to shoot from outside at an adequate clip (specifically 3's) like Lebron had to to finally ring, or he needs to be a 2 to a 1
    Rodger that, he needs to up his shot beyond 5 feet. However.....
    How about giving him a #2 player?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rodger that, he needs to up his shot beyond 5 feet. However.....
    How about giving him a #2 player?
    Like who?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those free throw attempts were also embarrassing for a player who'll prolly win MVP. Huge liability, you can't just bulldoze to the paint in playoffs and expect to win.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    just a scrub like ben simmons, kawhi exposed that wanker, only to after the bigger wanker in greek freak, now his got another wanker to deal with

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    just a scrub like ben simmons, kawhi exposed that wanker, only to after the bigger wanker in greek freak, now his got another wanker to deal with
    Too much credit to nephew. Sure he was the best first defensive option on Giannis but even ray Charles can see it’s the entire raptors collapsing the paint stopping Giannis. It’s robinson all over again.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm sure he'll improve his shooting over the summer. He's not Ben Simmons.
    The more interesting question for them is the second star. Will they be able to get somebody somehow? It's very hard to win it all or even make the finals with only one star.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He will get better as a shooter because he has decent mechanics and he has shown he isn’t afraid to shoot the ball like Ben Simmons.

The bigger question is who do the Bucks sign and for how much in the off season. Bledsoe got killed in this series which amplified his offensive and defensive short comings and they already gave him his money. Middleton is a solid player who is going to be wanting a huge raise but honestly will be massively overpaid. Brogdon is due for a raise but can they afford him and all the other guys like Lopez, Mirotic, and Ersan?

This might have been Milwaukee’s best chance this season and they didn’t get it done. Now they have to see if they can find good role players for cheap again and figure out which starters to keep. Which isn’t going to be easy.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    I don’t think he needs to be a good three point shooter. I don’t even think he really needs to shoot them much at all. He’s proven he can dominate games without a jumper. It would obviously help if he could shoot better, but I don’t think it’s necessary for him to be able to help his team take the next step.

I look at guys like Embiid and Boogie, who are capable three point shooters but when they’re off you’d just as well have them bang inside for higher percentage shots. Giannis is not a perimeter scorer. He’s as effective as anyone scoring inside. He doesn’t do it the traditional low post big type of way. But that’s where he excels. Adding better perimeter shooting wouldn’t change that. He’d still be best effective taking it to the rim, scoring inside. His scoring efficiency has been compared this season to the likes of Shaq. When did people suggest Shaq needed to be a better jumpshooter to get better?

On these very boards, there’s a thread talking about broke jumper Draymond Green being a top 10 player... not if he were a better jumpshooter, but if he were skinny. Get the right teammates and offense, a player like Giannis wouldn’t need to be more of a jumpshooter. The spacing needs to be good. Maybe more midpost touches so the defense has less time to double and recover on swings and kickouts. But his game is at the rim. Better shooting helps. Better shooting is not necessary.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    He seems like a hard worker, I can seem him developing one, but it will take a few years for it to be respectable. Fortunately he is only 24 years old. So if he can get one in the next couple of years he will be unstoppable in his prime.
    First he should develop a mid range
    Before focusing on a deep ball
    The touch he needs for a mid range 12-18 feet
    Will help him hone his FT stroke...
    Once he nails those area of effectiveness he can expand his range.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I don’t think he needs to be a good three point shooter. I don’t even think he really needs to shoot them much at all. He’s proven he can dominate games without a jumper. It would obviously help if he could shoot better, but I don’t think it’s necessary for him to be able to help his team take the next step.

I look at guys like Embiid and Boogie, who are capable three point shooters but when they’re off you’d just as well have them bang inside for higher percentage shots. Giannis is not a perimeter scorer. He’s as effective as anyone scoring inside. He doesn’t do it the traditional low post big type of way. But that’s where he excels. Adding better perimeter shooting wouldn’t change that. He’d still be best effective taking it to the rim, scoring inside. His scoring efficiency has been compared this season to the likes of Shaq. When did people suggest Shaq needed to be a better jumpshooter to get better?

On these very boards, there’s a thread talking about broke jumper Draymond Green being a top 10 player... not if he were a better jumpshooter, but if he were skinny. Get the right teammates and offense, a player like Giannis wouldn’t need to be more of a jumpshooter. The spacing needs to be good. Maybe more midpost touches so the defense has less time to double and recover on swings and kickouts. But his game is at the rim. Better shooting helps. Better shooting is not necessary.
    I agree with initial point..
    But not the specifics.
    Shaq as he lost explosiveness was still 7 foot plus at 300lbs. If Giannis loses his he won't be... if the goal is for him to be great for an extended period he needs a mid range more than a three ball. And yes Shaq sucked at Fts and had no range... But that was a different era. If he can't hit Fts and has no floaters or a midrange better defensive teams will stifle his efficiency.

I like Giannis kid works hard.
    Pressor was just a immature moment.
    He will get better on and off the court.

Agree 100% that he does not need to shoot more 3s and the embiid comparison. I think he just needs to improve on the ones he takes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right now Giannis is just Dwight & Rondo mixed together, he definitely has not peaked yet tho. Still so young and as has been mentioned a very hard worker. I appreciate the stars like him, PG13, KL, & Butler, they worked their asses off to be this good, they weren't all that coming into the league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those free throw attempts were also embarrassing for a player who'll prolly win MVP. Huge liability, you can't just bulldoze to the paint in playoffs and expect to win.
    He needs to develop on the low block. Right now he has nothing down low. No footwork or anything. He just passes or backs it up trying to get up a head of steam to drive. He will never be a great 3 point shooter. But if he gets a few go to moves down low. No stopping him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right now Giannis is just Dwight & Rondo mixed together, he definitely has not peaked yet tho. Still so young and as has been mentioned a very hard worker. I appreciate the stars like him, PG13, KL, & Butler, they worked their asses off to be this good, they weren't all that coming into the league.
    I'd say he's much better now than Howard ever was. Howard was always a soft ass quitter.. And a total prima donna. His Will I or won't I Leave Orlando routine was the stuff of Nausea.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd say he's much better now than Howard ever was. Howard was always a soft ass quitter.. And a total prima donna. His Will I or won't I Leave Orlando routine was the stuff of Nausea.
    His athleticism and limited skillset offensively is why he is the mix of those 2 players. Dont forget tho Howard was also very dominant till he wasnt. Giannis needs to look at Shaq's game and look at the imitators like Howard, they didnt last long, there was only 1 Shaq. Giannis will wear down quick if he does not expand his game.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First he should develop a mid range
    Before focusing on a deep ball
    The touch he needs for a mid range 12-18 feet
    Will help him hone his FT stroke...
    Once he nails those area of effectiveness he can expand his range.
    I agree completely. If Siakiam can learn to become a respectable shooter which he did in 3 years no way Giannis wont.

It was good that the series ended like this for him. It is going to make him work on his jumpshot now that times will just collapse the floor on him.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They should go after Butler and let Middleton walk. Should also never given Bledsoe that contract since Bogdon is about to be a free agent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Giannis led his team to 60 wins and steamrolled to the WC before losing to a loaded, veteran team, that could end up winning it all. Going into game 6, the Raptors and Bucks had scored the exact same amount of points.

If the Sixers would’ve pulled off the game 7 upset, Bucks would be in the finals right now, with a really favorable match up, sans the lack of experience which would have likely been their downfall again.

After Nephew goes to the clippers, Giannis is going to own the east for at least two-three years. Plus it’s better to lose in the CF than in the finals. He got valuable experience without adding a finals loss to his resume.

Thread Information