Got stepped on like a chihuahua and on top of it got a red card

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Al uero and Dybalpha carrying Leo Quitter to a W

My Team
    Colombia
    Post Count
    Chile is such a dirty team, tbh, what made them great for a while. Between Jara, Medel, Vidal is no saint either... they're just getting old. Beausejour is one of their best players and it's 35.

Midget had a plane to catch, plus 3rd place games are beneath him.
    Medel rawdogged the hobbt like sarumon tbqh

He went my precious onthat midget

Poor midget he might as well retire after this embarrasment

My Team
    Colombia
    Post Count
    midget got thrown out the revolving door like a common beggar

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    This ref holy

Softer than any red even Ronaldo has gotten
    I wouldn't have even given a yellow for that sh**. But I didn't see the game, so I don't know the full context. If I had, I might've given a yellow for the extracurricular push at the start of that exchange. If I had given a red to anyone it would've been the Chilean for forceful chest bumping, shouldering, escalating. But even that for me is much more likely a yellow. I didn't see what card the Chilean got. But the red on Messi is BS. Been reading comments about COLEMBOL refs being corrupt; wouldn't surprise me; but it could also be the Messi fan boys chirping.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    1 penalty in 6 games and once again carried by his teammates to a W. Christ, midget is a disgrace to his country. Embarassing

That's an clear cut red on midget too. Why's he wrapping his arm around the guy's neck? Midgetfans think saint midget is above the laws of the game

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    Medel rawdogged the hobbt like sarumon tbqh

He went my precious onthat midget

Poor midget he might as well retire after this embarrasment
    Medel knew was he was doing, tbh... miss those dirty players... we had Ruggeri, Simeone, Astrada. Bunch of pussies now.

Veteran
    Post Count

That's an clear cut red on midget too. Why's he wrapping his arm around the guy's neck? Midgetfans think saint midget is above the laws of the game
    I hope for your sake that you are trolling

This was easily one of the worst red cards ever given (for both players!). You can't even consider they said something we didn't see, because the ref immediately ejects them from far away, they never had the chance to throw insults. Additionally with var supposedly being reserved for such pivotal cir stances, it apparently never intervened to say, hey, this at most a yellow for both.

Messi went in on Conmebol after the game. Said the cup is fixed for the hosts, that his red was retaliation for his complaints after the semi and that Conmebol Is responsible. Medel agreed (specifically, about his confrontation with messi, and also about arg v bra being unfairly refd) and added that Chile were booked into ty hotels hours away from venues repeatedly and despite complaints (for this cup, Conmebol decided they would assign each teams accomodations and training grounds; usually teams do this privately at their own discretion, but Conmebol argued efficiency and fairness for the change).

For the first time ever I think messi actually showed some leadership. He didn't back down to Medel this time (like he did in 2015, thinking he'd get a call by dropping to the ground like in Europe), he stood his ground with his hands up. This was absolutely retaliation from the ref, who never got a grip on the game and with these cards instead of calming the teams let the game devolve to cheapshots and hacks, it's a miracle no one got injured

Veteran
    Post Count
    And just after posting the official match report was published

Medel and messi were ejected for offensive language (they have to select an option from a list and then write the details).. but in the details there is no mention of what they said, rather that messi gave Medel a "strong strike with his shoulder" and that Medel responded with "brutal strikes with the chest and arms". In both details sections the ref notes he struggled to categorize the incident.

I insist with what I said before, watch what happened- messi gives Medel a light one armed push, Medel responds by bumping messi hard, who stands his ground with his hand up and the ref runs in from 10 meters with his card out, no way language has anything to do with it. If messis push merits a red, why did Vidal's slap in the face of dybala receive no punishment 10 minutes before? I don't know if there is intentional corruption in these specific instances, but the incompetence is going to make it impossible for these million dollar assets to come risk their careers for these ty tournaments with low attendance, teams showing up late to the stadium, cheap var (they bought the 1.0 system, when Europe is already using 2.3), terrible amateur refs (after the Brasil semi, Dani Alves said the ref was more nervous than the players)

Smart players won't go, smart teams will do everything they can to keep their assets safe

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    1 penalty in 6 games and once again carried by his teammates to a W. Christ, midget is a disgrace to his country. Embarassing

Idiot you cry about Ronaldo putting his hands on a ref and rightfully getting carded for it but when Messi puts his arms up it’s a red

And Messi had a fantastic assist tonight, Argentina never looked nearly as dominant after he was sent off. Should’ve had several more assists

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Lol

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Horrendous D by Peru on both goals but this is the type of team that makes a final in South America

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    The worst NT tournament i can remember. Glad it's over.

Awful refereeing
    Ref handing out cards like candy
    Too much dead time
    Awful calls and non-calls
    You know you're corrupt when you can't even get it right with VAR
    Too many draws and snoozefests
    Horrible pitch conditions
    Inviting scrub nations like Qatar and Japan to serve as cannon fodder
    Thousands of supporters getting inside the stadiums for free
    Europe will make light work of all these teams at the next WC

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count

Awful refereeing
    Too much dead time
    That's what they always say, then you have most South American teams passing through group phases and some making deep runs, like Uruguay in 2010 or Argentina in 2014 with chances for more.

There's something I dislike of Messi, however Argentina was little better than Germany in 2014.

2018 was a poor showing however.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Congrats to Peru, making it to the finals. Taking out highly favored Uruguay and Chile in the process.

65 tons of American pride Canyonero's Avatar
    My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count

My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count

Awful refereeing
    Too much dead time
    And yet the most recent euro champs got curb stomped by Uruguay

But I agree, tournament this year all around

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Idiot you cry about Ronaldo putting his hands on a ref and rightfully getting carded for it but when Messi puts his arms up it’s a red

And Messi had a fantastic assist tonight, Argentina never looked nearly as dominant after he was sent off. Should’ve had several more assists
    You really should start fact checking before you click post You keep re-writing history and it's not the first time you post that is just not true

Ronaldo didn't see a red for pushing a ref in that supercopa game vs Barca. He saw a 2nd yellow for an alleged dive inside the box and then got himself suspended for pushing the ref.

Also, midget is easily one of the most protected stars of all time. The last and only time he saw a red card was 14 years ago in 05

In the same time span, Ronaldo's seen 11 red cards, some self-inflicted, others flatout bad refereeing. For example, in the supercup vs Barca shouldn't have been a 2nd yellow for diving since Barca's defender made clear contact with Ronaldo. Not saying it should have been a penalty but it wasn't a 2nd yellow either.

But VARcelona gonna VARcelona.

My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    You really should start fact checking before you click post You keep re-writing history and it's not the first time you post that is just not true

Ronaldo didn't see a red for pushing a ref in that supercopa game vs Barca. He saw a 2nd yellow for an alleged dive inside the box and then got himself suspended for pushing the ref.

Also, midget is easily one of the most protected stars of all time. The last and only time he saw a red card was 14 years ago in 05

In the same time span, Ronaldo's seen 11 red cards, some self-inflicted, others flatout bad refereeing. For example, in the supercup vs Barca shouldn't have been a 2nd yellow for diving since Barca's defender made clear contact with Ronaldo. Not saying it should have been a penalty but it wasn't a 2nd yellow either.

But VARcelona gonna VARcelona.
    11 cards

penaldo is a hot head, and dives a load.

Show me examples where Messi legit deserved a red. You'll struggle to find more than a couple at the most.

Ronaldo got cucked time and time again against Barca, absolutley destroyed. Some humiliating losses at the Bernebeau so he had to flee to the best team in Italy and lead them to their lowest trophy haul in 8 years.

Check those facts.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    11 cards

penaldo is a hot head, and dives a load.

Show me examples where Messi legit deserved a red. You'll struggle to find more than a couple at the most.

Ronaldo got cucked time and time again against Barca, absolutley destroyed. Some humiliating losses at the Bernebeau so he had to flee to the best team in Italy and lead them to their lowest trophy haul in 8 years.

Check those facts.
    You sound upset. Is it the embarassing 1 penalty in 6 games thing and another lost chance at a NT trophy thing?

Here, let me help you with that:

Boiled down:

CLs:

Ronaldo 5 > 4 Midget

Major NT trophies:

Ronaldo 1 > 0 Midget

Let us proceed...

My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    You sound upset. Is it the embarassing 1 penalty in 6 games thing and another lost chance at a NT trophy thing?

Here, let me help you with that:

Boiled down:

CLs:

Ronaldo 5 > 4 Midget

Major NT trophies:

Ronaldo 1 > 0 Midget

Let us proceed...
    Are you upset that messi will always always always be considered better than Ronaldo? That no one worth their salt truly considers penaldo the goat?

http://www.ohmygoal.co/omg/the-50-gr...nel-messi.html

Ronaldo's greatest accomplishment was being a cheerleader on the sidelines while teammates carried Portugal over the finish line and his other biggest accomplishment was being second best of his era to the GOAT.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Boiled down:

CLs:

Ronaldo 5 > 4 Midget

Major NT trophies:

Ronaldo 1 > 0 Midget

Let us proceed...

My Team
    Portugal
    Post Count
    Thanks scrah The odds were stacked against Brazil throughout the whole tournament but they managed to win it anyway, impressive imho..

Thread Information