Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jesus Christ, get off your high horse. You’re predictable as with your constant need to shoot down other people’s thoughts because your bleak outlook on everything Spurs-related. How about getting off the of these other teams that you hold in high regard? Yup, they’re oh so successful. You’re so shortsighted and can’t see anything past the present, yet you pretend you’re some kind of intellectual. You want a battle of wits and arithmetics? Let’s ing do it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA returning to his home state of Texas to joining Pop, Tim, Tony, Manu and up and coming Kahwi a few years removed from a le is different than Lavine coming to a much lesser situation because someone who he has virtually no other connections to other than they share a home city which probably has a greater metropolis population of 5mm.

I’ll give you your flowers for Luka unfollowing the Spurs and subsequently being cut but everyone already knew his final play was his demise. Meanwhile you continue to preach outlandish scenarios and build them in your fantasy.

The amount of times you have tried to decrypt DJs insta alone is painful bro.
    Remind me again what the alternative is? Wallow in your despair and continue to be in awe of stain franchises? Yeeah, don’t pat yourself in the back too hard for being a cuck.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jesus Christ, get off your high horse. You’re predictable as with your constant need to shoot down other people’s thoughts because your bleak outlook on everything Spurs-related. How about getting off the of these other teams that you hold in high regard? Yup, they’re oh so successful. You’re so shortsighted and can’t see anything past the present, yet you pretend you’re some kind of intellectual. You want a battle of wits and arithmetics? Let’s ing do it.
    I have a very positive outlook for out next 3-5 years. We have infinite cap flexibility, large and likely growing draft capital, pretty good team/corporate culture and what seems as changing of the guard at the decision making level. Plus a budding generational piece like DJ to build around.

I even think SA has alot to offer as a city and community to certain ppl.

Sooner or later we may hit on a free agent but i’m not going to sit here and fantasize about RFAs who will be matched at all costs or a guy like Lavine given current cir stances.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This isn’t how life works. Simply being from the same city with NO other connection is a silly reason to think Lavine would
    leave Chi. He is getting paid in Chi-town to play for a better team, and a top tier city for possible super max money.
    Wait, what? I was talking about Paolo lmao, not Lavine. I literally make your exact point in the very next post that I made, saying Lavine is an absolute pipedream

Lay down the pipe brother, or pass it!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The one from PHO or the one from CHA?
    CHA was the one I was thinking, but TBH I wouldn't mind Mikal at all, he's a gem of a player too. I really like him even though I've hardly watched the Suns this season. I know Miles' extension is coming up, too, which prompted my comment, I have no idea what Mikal's contract situation is tbh, and really doubt the Suns would let him go or trade him out, to us of all people... Smells like pipedream to me, idk.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wait, what? I was talking about Paolo lmao, not Lavine. I literally make your exact point in the very next post that I made, saying Lavine is an absolute pipedream

Lay down the pipe brother, or pass it!
    Yeah I re-read that afterwords. My bad. I’d love for either tbh but short of a real blowout in Chi I do not see Lavine leaving. Paulo there is some hope.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It'd be hard to believe Chicago would be unwilling to pay the DPE given their win-now push, but it's not completely out of the realm of possibility. I don't know that I'd want Lavine for, say, Beal money, and the Bulls may not either. As Seventyniner pointed, out, it's not the simplest thing for the Spurs to just sign him outright, even for non-DPE money. For multiple reasons, a sign-and-trade might be preferable. Ideally, the Spurs would probably want to keep Murray, Vassell and Poeltl if they are getting Lavine, but they have Richardson and McD to possibly use as matching salaries in addition to picks and young players. If the Spurs somehow combine that will drafting Banchero, it would be amazing. Obviously it's great from a talent perspective, but hopefully their ties would form a good culture.

Part of a Plan A is that you are willing to go to Plan B. I don't think the unlikelihood to Lavine leaving Chicago means the Spurs shouldn't want that to be the top goal. He's not an RFA where the team ties up their money in him. Fundamentally, though, whether it's Lavine or someone else, I believe the Spurs should go into the off-season trying to take a couple of big steps forward while DeJounte is still cheap. That means having trades on the table to clear cap space and to try to set up meetings with guys like Lavine and Beal. , they should look into it during the draft. I wouldn't be a fan of them trading their top pick for a win-now player, but their post-lotto picks are fair game. They don't need incremental role-players, but for as well know they can make trade like Paul to Houston and skip free agency altogether.

It's only after missing on all of that that I'd want the Spurs to settle into another asset-acquiring season. DeJounte is not that young, and it's much easier to blow it up and to bring it together.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CHA was the one I was thinking, but TBH I wouldn't mind Mikal at all, he's a gem of a player too. I really like him even though I've hardly watched the Suns this season. I know Miles' extension is coming up, too, which prompted my comment, I have no idea what Mikal's contract situation is tbh, and really doubt the Suns would let him go or trade him out, to us of all people... Smells like pipedream to me, idk.
    Mikal was already extended. Miles will be matched even if it costs Charlotte the max IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It'd be hard to believe Chicago would be unwilling to pay the DPE given their win-now push, but it's not completely out of the realm of possibility. I don't know that I'd want Lavine for, say, Beal money, and the Bulls may not either. As Seventyniner pointed, out, it's not the simplest thing for the Spurs to just sign him outright, even for non-DPE money. For multiple reasons, a sign-and-trade might be preferable. Ideally, the Spurs would probably want to keep Murray, Vassell and Poeltl if they are getting Lavine, but they have Richardson and McD to possibly use as matching salaries in addition to picks and young players. If the Spurs somehow combine that will drafting Banchero, it would be amazing. Obviously it's great from a talent perspective, but hopefully their ties would form a good culture.

Part of a Plan A is that you are willing to go to Plan B. I don't think the unlikelihood to Lavine leaving Chicago means the Spurs shouldn't want that to be the top goal. He's not an RFA where the team ties up their money in him. Fundamentally, though, whether it's Lavine or someone else, I believe the Spurs should go into the off-season trying to take a couple of big steps forward while DeJounte is still cheap. That means having trades on the table to clear cap space and to try to set up meetings with guys like Lavine and Beal. , they should look into it during the draft. I wouldn't be a fan of them trading their top pick for a win-now player, but their post-lotto picks are fair game. They don't need incremental role-players, but for as well know they can make trade like Paul to Houston and skip free agency altogether.

It's only after missing on all of that that I'd want the Spurs to settle into another asset-acquiring season. DeJounte is not that young, and it's much easier to blow it up and to bring it together.
    If Lavine makes an all-NBA team he is going to be eligable and will get the super max from Chicago and I’m confident in that.

Lavine is much more appealing than Beal for many reasons but Beal might be attainable though would still probably require a sign and trade. That’s a tough proposition as you lock up serious money AND give young assets or picks for a 28yr old who still does not move the needle. Signing him outright I think would be a consideration if he does opt out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Lavine makes an all-NBA team he is going to be eligable and will get the super max from Chicago and I’m confident in that.

Lavine is much more appealing than Beal for many reasons but Beal might be attainable though would still probably require a sign and trade. That’s a tough proposition as you lock up serious money AND give young assets or picks for a 28yr old who still does not move the needle. Signing him outright I think would be a consideration if he does opt out.
    Yes, Chinook is talking about the supermax. Thats what the DPE is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, Chinook is talking about the supermax. Thats what the DPE is.

All nomenclature but I always thought the DPE was the disabled player exception.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I could see the Spurs pushing to add a possible foundational piece to Murray this off season, but far more likely through the draft.

If their picks ends up in the expected ranges, between that, a Poeltl to Hornets trade that feels like it could be revisited (if they keep dropping, maybe the Spurs settle for the lowest of the Celtics/Raptors 1st for theirs plus some far off pick swap option), Richardson and Langford, there's enough assets/combinations that if whoever lands in the top 3 is not enamored with whichever of the projected top 3, maybe they bite.

The problem is, the teams likely to pick in that range also need core pieces more than they need depth of assets.

Still, I'd anticipate some sort of trade, even if it's just to move up a few spots to secure Griffin, Murray, etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Almost a 30 pts triple ing double.

anyone doubting this guy.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Almost a 30 pts triple ing double.

anyone doubting this guy.
    People will continue bashing him until he is traded and start to amuse that he put up these numbers and then post a thread "Did we make a mistake to trade Poeltl?"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poodle fckn power

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have to give Kudos to Poeltl for playing a great game last night with almost triple-double. I still see the overhelping too early resulting to uncontested dunks. But his 28 pts helped secure the win. He also had 11 rebounds. I personally thought it was more the way Spurs controlled the rebound when he was in.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the overhelping is at least partly due to the lack of a real PF, that forces him out of position with no one being able to rotate over.
    the defensive game plan mostly focuses on funneling opposing players towards him at the rim, but if he takes that challenge, his man is left open, and too often he cannot keep the passing lane guarded on top. to me it looks like that is partly the actual game plan, though up to others to evaluate the net result of that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't understand people who want to trade him. Fundamentally don't understand them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't understand people who want to trade him. Fundamentally don't understand them.
    Wanting to trade him =/= just wanting him gone. He’s got real value around the league, and we might get some good value this summer. You think Charlotte isn’t kicking themselves for not pulling the trigger? I’m not sure what the future holds, other than it’s going to cost a LOT more to keep him in 2023, and we’ve got young mouths to feed. DJ will also need a new contract, a much larger one, soon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wanting to trade him =/= just wanting him gone. He’s got real value around the league, and we might get some good value this summer. You think Charlotte isn’t kicking themselves for not pulling the trigger? I’m not sure what the future holds, other than it’s going to cost a LOT more to keep him in 2023, and we’ve got young mouths to feed. DJ will also need a new contract, a much larger one, soon.
    you have to think the sours value him but what price is to high to retain him?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think that Charlotte trade existed at all.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think that Charlotte trade existed at all.
    I think the trade did and the Spurs wanted a 1st and the Hornets were not willing to give up a first. I think now they might be wishing they did. This is why I wish we would have maybe gone up and offered the hornets a 2nd instead of to toronto. I also would have rather gotten boucher back from toronto though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the trade did and the Spurs wanted a 1st and the Hornets were not willing to give up a first. I think now they might be wishing they did. This is why I wish we would have maybe gone up and offered the hornets a 2nd instead of to toronto. I also would have rather gotten boucher back from toronto though.
    The young PF had some value, but the center was just a jumping Jack, a deer in Barkley speak. There would have needed to be a first attached.

Boucher is an at ude case. The numbers also didn’t work.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The young PF had some value, but the center was just a jumping Jack, a deer in Barkley speak. There would have needed to be a first attached.

Boucher is an at ude case. The numbers also didn’t work.
    I think they both had value. jones may be a jumping jack but that is partly where coaching can come in and determination of player. He was just drafted this year and has done well the little he has played in the Gleague.

I have seen nothing of him being an at ude case except nurse benching him for some reason. He seems to get along with players. Look at how many players pop has benched that went at ude problems. The numbers could have been fixed with another player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think they both had value. jones may be a jumping jack but that is partly where coaching can come in and determination of player. He was just drafted this year and has done well the little he has played in the Gleague.

I have seen nothing of him being an at ude case except nurse benching him for some reason. He seems to get along with players. Look at how many players pop has benched that went at ude problems. The numbers could have been fixed with another player.
    Kai’s problem is that he lacks skills, AND isn’t young. He’s 21 and barely plays. They thought so much of him that they went shopping for a center. Spurs fans about Primo being in Austin, but he’s now played 31 games with the big club. Kai has only played 17 for Charlotte.

Boucher’s benching was for issues with Nurse and the staff.

Thread Information