Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast
    Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mathurin + Sochan + Hardy sounds orgasmic. Mathurin may go earlier than 9, Sochan for sure will go earlier than 20... but:
    Washington @ 10 has too many wings who can't shoot to add another
    NY @ 11 might work but they have so many needs they may just go Duren / TyTy Washington or simple waste the pick on someone dumb
    OKC @ 12 would be a natural fit but Presti might go for a higher upside guy like Dieng
    Charlotte @ 13 may target a center (Williams?)
    Cleveland @ 14 needs shooting more than length and defense (Agbaji?)
    Charlotte @ 15 would be a good value pick. This is where it seems unlikely he keeps dropping.
    Atlanta @ 16 definitely should grab him if available, given their defensive and IQ woes.
    There might be a chance he lasts to 15. Making a deal with Charlotte for 15 could give us a chance at Sochan IMO.
    If they like Poeltl, we can ask for 13. If they choose to use it on a center, they may go for Richardson + 38 (or 25, worst case scenario)
    And we can still use 20 to trade up with Portland (or send Richardson to Portland and 20 to Charlotte, whichever works).
    So that COULD be a realistic path to land both Mathurin & Sochan, IMO.
    Mathurin and Sochan would be great.

Sochan as the top pick not so great.

Spurs need to do something to come out of this draft with an elite scoring prospect.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fansided Busting Brackets | NBA Draft 2022: Updated mock draft post combine and lottery results
    Brandon Simberg, 50 seconds ago, AKA 23 May 2022
    9. San Antonio Spurs – Jeremy Sochan – Baylor – Forward – Freshman

Another team I’m not exactly sure what their end goal is. They shocked everyone by taking Josh Primo at No. 12 last year, and he still looks a ways away developmentally. They are probably looking for a wing or four-man here, so I think they’ll go with Sochan.

Sochan was a late-riser in the season as his minutes and usage increased. He’s the most versatile defender in this class, having legitimate All-Defense potential down the line. The offense is raw right now, but he had some encouraging flashes as a ball-handler and playmaker. The shot needs work but I think he can become passable. Sochan is a good athlete, with long arms, and plus movement skills so the hope is that he is an elite defender with the ability to play finish, operate in the short roll and in dribble-handoffs, and hit some threes. The Spurs spacing isn’t great already, meaning Sochan would muddy things up a bit. But the defensive potential with him, Dejounte Murray, and Devin Vassell could be really interesting.

20. San Antonio Spurs – Jalen Williams – Santa Clara – Wing – Junior

Filling out their front-court depth with Sochan at No. 9, they opt for a safe plug and play option on the wing. Admittedly, I need to do more of a deep dive on Williams after an impressive combine week. He measured in well, at just under 6’6, but with a 7’2 wingspan. Williams had a productive season while showing he’s a good defender. Williams had two strong combine scrimmage games, scoring 15 points on a good percentage.

Williams isn’t a freak athlete, but has a great mix of dribbling, passing, and shooting that will help attack tilted defenses and hit shots off of lead guard creation. Stockpiling wings with these tools is super important in team creation and I doubt Williams falls out of the first round.

25. San Antonio Spurs – Christian Braun – Kansas – Wing – Junior

Taking Sochan that early makes me think San Antonio won’t want to overlap and take a Tari Eason or Patrick Baldwin Jr. here. I think they’ll continue to stockpile good wings and go with Braun. Braun was instrumental in Kansas’ national championship run, hitting threes at a decent clip, playing good defense on and off the ball, and being a plus college finisher. His combine week only helped

Whoa-- this is close to my current favs of Sochan at 9 and Jalen at 20, but with Jake LaRavia at 25 over Braun.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    An interesting question, we think its likely the spurs will. Trade or sell a pick, my questionoes anyone have a strong preference ovef what picks get tossed?. 20 and 25 seem too close to keep both but. Historically the spurs draft well here. Maybe 9 gets a good offer. I know without being on the phones we can't debate trades.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Packaging 20/25 and even adding a player to move up seems logical to me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    EJ Liddell seems to be mocked a little too low atm. If the playoffs have shown us anything, players who can guard multiple positions (and with Liddell, it’s not inconceivable he can guard 1 - 5; he certainly thinks he can), even when they are not making shots are still extremely valuable.
    If your comparison is a “more athletic Grant Williams”, you’d have to start garnering looks late lottery…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Packaging 20/25 and even adding a player to move up seems logical to me.

I've gone back and forth on this. But part of me thinks the Spurs generally don't outdo other teams with trades and free agent signings-- it's in the draft where they show an advantage over most of the league. So, maybe with that being the case, give the FO four shots at it and the odds are at least one is a big hit? But I can see the appeal of combining two and moving up too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've gone back and forth on this. But part of me thinks the Spurs generally don't outdo other teams with trades and free agent signings-- it's in the draft where they show an advantage over most of the league. So, maybe with that being the case, give the FO four shots at it and the odds are at least one is a big hit? But I can see the appeal of combining two and moving up too.
    I agree as the draft is a crapshoot but I’d argue there is a recency bias that shows we've been average at best the last 4 drafts and multiple teams have been doing better in the draft.

I like taking 4 more swings which puts guys like Weiskamp, Vassell, Primo and Keldon on watch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see adding 4 -- 4! -- rookies. That's pretty nuts. Then it gets expensive because you have to start cutting players to make room.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see adding 4 -- 4! -- rookies. That's pretty nuts. Then it gets expensive because you have to start cutting players to make room.
    While adding 4 rookies and having 4 swings at a home run sounds nice... it's just not realistic for this reason, and because we don't have (no one does) the infrastructure to develop 4 young guys simultaneous while still given attention to Primo & Vassell.

Teams that bring on multiple rookies at once (Houston, OKC) don't seem to ever get anywhere with them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hoping Sochan goes before 9 and Murray falls to 9.

I want a stronger offensive player than a defensive player.
    I get that. I just was a 4 with some size and some grit. I would love Murray if he fell, but Sochac is my preferred other option for the pick at 9.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs have drafted very average the last four years.

Better to package the picks if possible to move up and get a more sure player with higher potential.

Quality is better than Quan y here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah sorry to bring facts. Apologies.
    This ain't no place for facts. Take that sh*t somewhere else.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    While adding 4 rookies and having 4 swings at a home run sounds nice...
    The more you think about it, the nicer it sounds.

Wembanyama should be the target.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The more you think about it, the nicer it sounds.

Wembanyama should be the target.
    We will not be drafting Wembanyama. If that is your expectation, or even your hope, you WILL be disappointed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This ain't no place for facts. Take that sh*t somewhere else.
    I wouldn't have put that in blue font.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We will not be drafting Wembanyama. If that is your expectation, or even your hope, you WILL be disappointed.
    You never know. The Spurs can be really bad next year. They were healthy this year and still played to 14 games below .500.

And with some lottery luck get into that number 1 pick.

They got the number 1 pick this year in the rehearsal round so it can happen even with long odds.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't have put that in blue font.
    Lol!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fansided Busting Brackets | NBA Draft 2022: Updated mock draft post combine and lottery results
    Brandon Simberg, 50 seconds ago, AKA 23 May 2022
    Socahn, jalen williams, and Christian Braun are excellent choices, all of which are right in the spurs range....no reaching for potential but drafting solid picks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the FO actually trades Poeltl & Richardson, we'll likely find ourselves in the same situation we were in last season, probably worse. And although it will be highly unlikely, we did come up with the no. 1 pick recently, if only for a rehearsal... who's to say next time won't be when it counts?
    If we keep Poeltl & Richardson and sign some veteran, then yes, that chance is gone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the FO actually trades Poeltl & Richardson, we'll likely find ourselves in the same situation we were in last season, probably worse. And although it will be highly unlikely, we did come up with the no. 1 pick recently, if only for a rehearsal... who's to say next time won't be when it counts?
    If we keep Poeltl & Richardson and sign some veteran, then yes, that chance is gone.
    Ex preaches the flattened odds of #1 but also doesn’t preach the flattened odds of getting #1.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watch Stadium | Jeff Goodman’s 2022 NBA Mock Draft 2.0
    Jeff Goodman, May 20, 2022
    I like this mock. A Duke and another SEC player in the top 20 is the safest bet for guys who are used to the limelight.

I looked at the top four picks since 2000 and every draft save for 2005 (Unless Marvin Williams is one) had a bust. 2019-2021 too early to tell but has some potential busts as well.

Meaning the Spurs getting into this lottery top 4 could’ve landed them a bust to continue the trend anyway. I know I’m reaching but gotta bright side this as much as you can

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We still going to suck next year which Is OK we are not a good team but more playing time for the youngsters and still getting a top 7 draft pick next draft is all good.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We definitely need a player who can score, but if the Spurs decide to draft and bring in two maybe three players this year who are defensive forwards with upside, then I can live with that. If they can grab Sochan or Eason, and then later EJ Liddell or Kendall Brown, then I think that would be a success, at least from a positional sanity point of view. With the later picks I'm still intrigued by Beauchamp as role play and Hardy as possible scorer. A lot of players I've lost interest in knowing more about.

As for Hardy, here's a pitch for him as a scorer: https://youtu.be/OhkQ0-pS02k

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We still going to suck next year which Is OK we are not a good team but more playing time for the youngsters and still getting a top 7 draft pick next draft is all good.
    Without a blockbuster trade to bring in a star or a jump up in the draft to get one of the top projects and even with that the Spurs will likely again be in the lottery next year.

Thread Information