Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Colorado Buffaloes
    anyone else here make their dressing/stuffing with cornbread?

do you serve it on the side or do you cook it inside of the turkey?

Name
    Expert
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    I generally start by licking my lips, and the turkey begins to baste itself. Then I slowly slip a moist finger into the turkey, and the turkey begins to get hot, develops goose flesh. I know how to get my turkey going. Then I toss it's salad, and just before stuffing all my meat into the turkey, I make it beg and crawl to me (white turkeys do that on command).

Just thought that would be something you could relate to "brah".

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Colorado Buffaloes
    I generally start by licking my lips, and the turkey begins to baste itself. Then I slowly slip a moist finger into the turkey, and the turkey begins to get hot, develops goose flesh. I know how to get my turkey going. Then I toss it's salad, and just before stuffing all my meat into the turkey, I make it beg and crawl to me (white turkeys do that on command).

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    quality thread

Delonte West fanclub pres lakerhaterade's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Goods

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Is this You??

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    No, I use the giblets to flavor the dressing but don't stuff the turkey.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Yeah, stuffing the turkey with the stuffing you are gonna eat is nasty. I stuff mine with onions and celery and garlic for flavor but I throw it away before I carve the turkey...

Name
    Yvonne
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Yeah, stuffing the turkey with the stuffing you are gonna eat is nasty. I stuff mine with onions and celery and garlic for flavor but I throw it away before I carve the turkey...
    Exactly what I do, dressing on the side. I do cornbread dressing but I don't make it myself. I buy it raw from Bill Miller's Really it's the best I've ever tasted.

Linger Ficking Good! CuckingFunt's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    I do a sausage stuffing with a combo of cornbread and bread cubes (mostly for texture, since the cornbread gives more flavor). And, yes, I stuff the bird with the stuffing I'm going to eat. It's ing delicious.

Mr Robinsons hood denizen Creepn's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I've ate stuffing from the turkey before and will never do it again. I nearly lost the taste for stuffing forever.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I smoke my turkeys and putting dressing in the cavity could be unsafe because it would be in the temperature "danger zone" too long because of the longer, lower temperature cook times. Besides, I like my cornbread dressing to have a little crusty "bite" to it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I do a sausage stuffing

Linger Ficking Good! CuckingFunt's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    I stick to a pretty traditional oven roasted turkey, so there aren't really the temperature concerns of smoking. And I usually make enough stuffing that it cooks in two batches; one stuffed, one baked separately. They're both pretty tasty, but I do prefer what was in the bird. Has that extra bit of turkey juiciness.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    No, but I stuff Koolaid, chumpdumper and Blakes mouth with my 9" black cawk........as I drop a load of man pudding on their grills.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Detroit Pistons
    I always bake a ham but our family does not stuff the turkey with stuffing. Like CC we just stuff it for taste.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Colorado Buffaloes
    Exactly what I do, dressing on the side. I do cornbread dressing but I don't make it myself. I buy it raw from Bill Miller's Really it's the best I've ever tasted.

Name
    Yvonne
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Colorado Buffaloes
    i just cant imagine something so classic like thanksgiving dressing being bought at a restaurant.

bill millers to be exact lol.

maybe CuckingFunt can give you her recipe.

Name
    Yvonne
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Just the dressing! And it's raw so I actually cook it myself Everything else is home made. I'm not a dressing expert but I've tried lots of recipes and I've made my own dressing many times, but I just haven't had any one that I've enjoyed as much as BM's; it's really good!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Detroit Pistons
    My sister uses stove top stuffing.

Make a trade steal
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Why? Don't you wash and clean your turkey? If it is nasty then you are not washing your turkey. There is no problem with it being stuffed if it is cooked enough.

on instagram, str8 flexin DUNCANownsKOBE's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Phoenix Suns
    College
    Arizona Wildcats
    No, but I stuff Koolaid, chumpdumper and Blakes mouth with my 9" black cawk........as I drop a load of man pudding on their grills.

Orange Whip? Orange Whip? Viva Las Espuelas's Avatar
    Name
    5 letters long
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    There is no problem withit being stuffed if it is cooked enough.
    We'll, yeah, there's no real "problem" but you have a few things to worry about. First, you're cooking stuffing and the bird . Doesn't matter how you're cooking it, it takes more time to get that temperature up in both, meaning longer cook time. If you cook the bird thoroughly, more than likely your stuffing is dry. If the stuffing is done, you're bird isn't.

Make a trade steal
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    We'll, yeah, there's no real "problem" but you have a few things to worry about. First, you're cooking stuffing and the bird . Doesn't matter how you're cooking it, it takes more time to get that temperature up in both, meaning longer cook time. If you cook the bird thoroughly, more than likely your stuffing is dry. If the stuffing is done, you're bird isn't.
    My mother always cooked stuffing inside and there were no problems. She may have cooked the stuffing first for a time and then finished cooking it in the bird. I'll have to ask her tomorrow.

I don't know because I don't cook turkey.

Thread Information