Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop deserves an A for this youth development nba restart thingy. A couple more minutes for KJ, a bit less Rudy, cant really complain.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    crazy that it took Flopovich only 64 games and a Covid-19 break over 4 months to figure out Forbes, Beli and Lyles suck. If he played these line ups with Aldridge this team easily wins 45-50 games

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    crazy that it took Flopovich only 64 games and a Covid-19 break over 4 months to figure out Forbes, Beli and Lyles suck. If he played these line ups with Aldridge this team easily wins 45-50 games
    Isn't he being forced to play them because of injuries?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the grades Timvp. I think the new look Spurs is taking the league off guard. They don’t know how to scout them and hopefully it continuous with only a few games left. The 3 guards rotation, with a motor Keldon is a sight to see. They are switchable on all positions, everybody’s a ballhandler and can create, and they’re not too shy to let it fly. I’m excited that Pop has given up on that hurried offense, no-defense lineup. We’ve waited too long to finally see these athletic guards playing together. Let’s keep the streak going. Go Spurs Go!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Metu was a 2 year project. His time is up.
    Technically he is finishing up his 2nd year right? Not surprising he doesn't get minutes here with his little experience on first team. Hopefully he gets promoted to first team next year and learns from the bench.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It really is, I said it in the game thread but injuries have been the best Spurs coach this season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we had bertans he would have sat out or got benched.
    Yeah but the Spurs would be about 8-10 games better in the standings heading into the restart

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought Drew played pretty well given the cir stances and his limitations.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Makes you really scratch your head that while many of us were screaming for more youth, less Mills/Beli/Forbes and at least giving White/Murray time together that we are seeing it now with positive results.

Pop doesn’t deserve too much credit here. It was a no brainer at this point after the way the season was going. Can’t believe it took this long and makes you wonder what this season looks like if he didn’t take so long to adapt and change.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And Murray has a lot of work to do still. I’m pleased with the flashes but man Sa needs him to find his niche fast and find consistent play.

Lonnie needs to take lessons from Keldon on drives. If Lonnie drove like Keldon he would be an elite finisher.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And Murray has a lot of work to do still. I’m pleased with the flashes but man Sa needs him to find his niche fast and find consistent play.

Lonnie needs to take lessons from Keldon on drives. If Lonnie drove like Keldon he would be an elite finisher.
    You cant change a Zebra's stripes. Ive been saying it since last year. Lonnie is afraid of contact.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Isn't he being forced to play them because of injuries?
    My thought as well.

It's better to be lucky than good sometimes. I think the injuries are forcing this lineup change, otherwise we might be seeing the same sh!tty rotations featuring Forbes, Mills and Marco all get 25+ minutes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People are too obsessed with the idea that size is the only way to play good defense. Poeltl's job with this current lineup is easier than it would be with Lyles and Forbes starting. Defense comes from switchability and IQ, not from blocking shots. The Spurs being able to stay in front of guys and rotate efficiently makes Jakob's job easier. If anything, Memphis having a guy like Valanciunas scoring in the block allowed Poeltl to play inside most of the time. Had Memphis played JJJ at center from the outset, it's not clear that Poeltl would have been able to stay on the floor.

That said, he had some really nice defensive possessions and was better than Eubanks. I'm not saying he was bad or anything or that it's not nice to have a good rim-protector on the squad. I'm just saying that the Spurs are probably playing the best defensive lineup they've had all year right now (at least when considering DeRozan being on the court).
    I never mentioned shot blocking and was talking entirely about fundamentals and a defensive mindset. The Spurs outplayed Memphis by 25 points in 21 minutes with Poeltl on the floor, and that's an outstanding outing no matter how you look at it. My only beef was that the C+ grade seemed low, considering the huge impact.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Technically he is finishing up his 2nd year right? Not surprising he doesn't get minutes here with his little experience on first team. Hopefully he gets promoted to first team next year and learns from the bench.
    His contract is 3 years but only 2 years of the money is garanteed.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    If he can't even stand out in D-League, he has zero shot of making the real team. He's just not very good. Whatever, he's a 2nd round pick. Most 2nd rounders end up out of the league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he can't even stand out in D-League, he has zero shot of making the real team. He's just not very good. Whatever, he's a 2nd round pick. Most 2nd rounders end up out of the league.
    It seems that Metu's role is more suited for support anyway. When you have guys like Lonnie, Luka, Keldon, you are there for support. Like Eubanks, his role in the G League will be more of a support role with sprinkles of high-scoring games but learning the basics with the inherent physical tools he has should be enough for at least a lower bench role. He's still young enough to grow into that kind of role and if he ever gains a reliable 3, he'll be getting a good chunk of minutes somewhere in the NBA.

Thread Information