Page 9 of 64 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Switch was my most played console of 2019 by far.
    I gotta admit, the japanese rpg games this console gets is their saving grace in my eyes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So buy a used PS3 for $40. I don't know why everyone cares so much about PS3 BC in this thing. PS3 BC isn't going to be better than hardware PS3 anyways.
    a) ps3 is a bulky console, and i want to minimize clutter on my stand. having only one console connected where i can play my full library would be very convenient
    b) all my consoles save my ps4 are still in a box back in LA. i dont want to have stuff shipped over

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    a) ps3 is a bulky console, and i want to minimize clutter on my stand. having only one console connected where i can play my full library would be very convenient
    b) all my consoles save my ps4 are still in a box back in LA. i dont want to have stuff shipped over
    c) Buy a cheap used PS3 Super Slim that doesn't take up much space
    d) Only connect it when you want to play the one or two games you give a crap about from last gen

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly, I'm going to wait maybe 3 years until I get my next system (early adopter (PS4 -> PS4 Pro, PS3 YLOD... lol)) but just out of personal taste, I can't imagine getting an XBox.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    d) Only connect it when you want to play the one or two games you give a crap about from last gen
    e) go your mother some more

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    e) go your mother some more

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I cant be the only one who still has a PS3 alongside the PS4.

The PS3 is an excellent media-do-it-all.

Plug and play. The PS4 makes you use a ing app that has to be online to work with any given External hard drive.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly, I'm going to wait maybe 3 years until I get my next system (early adopter (PS4 -> PS4 Pro, PS3 YLOD... lol)) but just out of personal taste, I can't imagine getting an XBox.
    For me it's XBox Series X seems a way better deal than doing a PC upgrade. And I do think I'll want to play some of their exclusives with Ninja Theory and Obsidian now Microsoft studios. While I don't expect PS5 to have enough exclusives I care about early on to make me think it's worth being an early adopter for. Playstation never seems to have great exclusives early on. For PS3 Uncharted 2 and Demon's Souls didn't come until 2009. For PS4 there was Bloodborne in 2015 and Uncharted 4 in 2016, but it wasn't until 2017 with Horizon Zero Dawn, Persona 5, NieR Automata, Nioh, and Yakuza 0 that PS4 had the exclusive lineup to make it a no-brainer purchase. Extremely bare exclusives lineup in 2013 and 2014 for PS4.

I won't pre-order either though. I'll wait to see the game lineup Sony shows off this summer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I cant be the only one who still has a PS3 alongside the PS4.

The PS3 is an excellent media-do-it-all.

Plug and play. The PS4 makes you use a ing app that has to be online to work with any given External hard drive.
    LOL my main TV has a PS4, PS3, PS2, Switch, Wii, and Playstation TV hooked up to it right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL my main TV has a PS4, PS3, PS2, Switch, Wii, and Playstation TV hooked up to it right now.
    nice. my wife would have a heart attack if we had that much on our TV

unless we had a different setup where all the would be hidden in a room behind the TV, hooked up through the wall or somethin like that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nice. my wife would have a heart attack if we had that much on our TV

unless we had a different setup where all the would be hidden in a room behind the TV, hooked up through the wall or somethin like that
    Tell her to go her mother some more then.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tell her to go her mother some more then.
    luckily i have a big enough backlog on ps4 to hold off my ps3/2 withdrawals

at least i dont really have the occasions to play much N64 anymore since all my buddies are back in LA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obviously this was more or less a response to the X specs, there's more to come in the following months.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    luckily i have a big enough backlog on ps4 to hold off my ps3/2 withdrawals

at least i dont really have the occasions to play much N64 anymore since all my buddies are back in LA
    LOL same here. I think my PS4 backlog of games I have bought and not played is Spiderman, Yakuza 4-6, Kingdom Hearts 1-3, Gravity Rush 1 & 2, and The Last Guardian. It just gets worse if I add the other systems. WTF am I even thinking of buying a new console for?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obviously this was more or less a response to the X specs, there's more to come in the following months.
    Better have PS6 forward compatibility

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL same here. I think my PS4 backlog of games I have bought and not played is Spiderman, Yakuza 4-6, Kingdom Hearts 1-3, Gravity Rush 1 & 2, and The Last Guardian. It just gets worse if I add the other systems. WTF am I even thinking of buying a new console for?
    i still have Dark Souls 2, Dark Souls 3, Witcher 3, Days Gone, Nioh, Assassins Creed: Odyssey, Bioshock Collection, Dying Light, Yakuza 0, Yakuza: Kiwami, Fallout 4, Tomb Raider (2013) Definitive Edition, Metal Gear Solid V. 2 of the 3 spyro trilogy games left. i think that covers all of it...

i would say corona would expedite my burn through all that, but i was already working full time from home

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

"Mistakes were made."

Poorstation

ElNono

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That controller looks almost as hideous as the original boomerang controller for the PS3.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That controller looks almost as hideous as the original boomerang controller for the PS3.
    This should be memefied in a minute to get Sony off this ing re ed concept.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This should be memefied in a minute to get Sony off this ing re ed concept.
    The overall design is good. The issue is the color.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The overall design is good. The issue is the color.
    The reason why the Dualshock is beloved is because it has a simplistic look and feel to it. This thing looks like it ate a 200 pound cake. I dont like fat controllers.

I had issues with the main Xbox controller. One of the many reasons I didn't take to the Xbox.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The reason why the Dualshock is beloved is because it has a simplistic look and feel to it. This thing looks like it ate a 200 pound cake. I dont like fat controllers.

I had issues with the main Xbox controller. One of the many reasons I didn't take to the Xbox.
    Meh. you're not going to be tied to that controller. They'll see a dualshock looking controller for 30 dollars.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    looks like they're trying to fuse the dualshock with the xbox controller...

battery life is the big question mark. dualshock 4 was trash in that respect

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    looks like they're trying to fuse the dualshock with the xbox controller...

battery life is the big question mark. dualshock 4 was trash in that respect
    Scrah, you have Call of duty?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Scrah, you have Call of duty?
    nah.

multiplayer FPS is a great time-sink and is probably the best bang for buck there is in video games. but it also requires a lot of practice, and there's no way my muscle memory is anywhere near as good as it was back when i used to play COD in the ps3 days (last one i played regularly was black ops 2. i played Ghosts a little, but it was pretty ty since i was still on PS3)

i have a 1 year PS+ subscription that i paid for, but i dont want to activate the code until i know i'm going to be putting an emphasis on MP gaming, which isnt going to be anytime soon, since i still have a ton of long single player content. why have the first 8 months of my PS+ membership burning while im playing skyrim and witcher 3

Thread Information