Page 24 of 82 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    23 pages and at the end of the day all they gonna trade is Demarre Carroll for a 2nd round pick

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    23 pages and at the end of the day all they gonna trade is Demarre Carroll for a 2nd round pick
    If it's for no money or an expiring, that'd be a of a trade, tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More like Spurs giving a second rounder

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs HAVE to do something if they lose tonight.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not even that's gonna happen. Just keep all your hopes n dreams to yourselves it's like yall think they're on here reading y'alls proposals

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t think SA would want Nurk. I suggested Collins. But yes, they just SuperMax’d Lillard and cant risk him demanding out. They need to win now, as some franchises do, and that will come at the expense of the future.

No one saying it’s an amazing deal for POR, but in the moment LMA is far better than Nurk and he’s healthy and can help them right now. That is worth a lottery protected first and Zach or Nurk.
    SA would be absolute idiots to refuse Nurkic if he was put on the table at a reasonable price. I seriously wonder whether people here just don't watch the Blazers or what, he's being severely underrated. Also, I don't know if you saw it, Dude, but a report on Dame came out a while ago and he said literally that he "could weather the storm", meaning his loyalty is not dependant on immediate team success. More than likely, considering they've sustained a lot of losses and Nurk, even if he comes back at the end of this season, probably won't be in full shape until next offseaso, the Blazers FO will have talked to Dame about the possibility of doing a one-year semi-tank and retooling the team for a run next season.

Considering all of this, and also watching the decline that LMA has had from last season to this one (both defensively and offensively, though the new 3pt shot could offset that to a degree if Aldrige mixed it well with post play), and considering Portland's run would most likely be in 20-21 when LMA is 35, I would make the educated guess that the Blazers would not do a LMA unless we included assets to sweeten it, which is obviously against our own objectives. I would love to be proved wrong by PATFO though...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SA would be absolute idiots to refuse Nurkic if he was put on the table at a reasonable price. I seriously wonder whether people here just don't watch the Blazers or what, he's being severely underrated. Also, I don't know if you saw it, Dude, but a report on Dame came out a while ago and he said literally that he "could weather the storm", meaning his loyalty is not dependant on immediate team success. More than likely, considering they've sustained a lot of losses and Nurk, even if he comes back at the end of this season, probably won't be in full shape until next offseaso, the Blazers FO will have talked to Dame about the possibility of doing a one-year semi-tank and retooling the team for a run next season.

Considering all of this, and also watching the decline that LMA has had from last season to this one (both defensively and offensively, though the new 3pt shot could offset that to a degree if Aldrige mixed it well with post play), and considering Portland's run would most likely be in 20-21 when LMA is 35, I would make the educated guess that the Blazers would not do a LMA unless we included assets to sweeten it, which is obviously against our own objectives. I would love to be proved wrong by PATFO though...
    spurs need a alpha male on offense who can score +30 on some nights and consistent +20ppg...mccollum go get that dude

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Am I missing something? A lot of people keep saying for the Spurs to wait until the summer to make trades but doesn't DD have a player option???? He undoubtedly will not resign with the Spurs nor would I want him at more money than he makes now. So we have to get something or we end up with basically nothing from the kaweasel trade. You can wait on LA but why would you he is playing well with this new 3 clearly shows he has put time in and a team in need at the deadline might give us a good deal. But that's a wait and see however DD must go. I don't hate the dude but can't risk ending up with nothing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Am I missing something? A lot of people keep saying for the Spurs to wait until the summer to make trades but doesn't DD have a player option???? He undoubtedly will not resign with the Spurs nor would I want him at more money than he makes now. So we have to get something or we end up with basically nothing from the kaweasel trade. You can wait on LA but why would you he is playing well with this new 3 clearly shows he has put time in and a team in need at the deadline might give us a good deal. But that's a wait and see however DD must go. I don't hate the dude but can't risk ending up with nothing.
    Poeltl, Keldon. That’s not nothing. I also don’t believe that the DD/LMA tandem was anything but a bridge to the future, and not what you build around. If you’re not building around it, it’s expendable.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lamarcus Aldridge was a fallback option in case Marc gasol ended up staying in Memphis.

Demar DeRozan is just a placeholder

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would the salary freed up from DDR be worse off than to take on something other team willing to part for DDR? We could probably look to sign at a position we are in a need then to take on something of a compromise. No tanking team would give us their pick for DDR and any team giving us a pick is gonna be late pick which probably not gonna be very useful.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If history is an indicator, there won't be any major move.

But, the cir stances have changed, and this team is no longer contending.

The biggest question is how does PATFO handle the playoff run. Do they think it's within their grasp or are they gonna back down and retool/build for next season.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would the salary freed up from DDR be worse off than to take on something other team willing to part for DDR? We could probably look to sign at a position we are in a need then to take on something of a compromise. No tanking team would give us their pick for DDR and any team giving us a pick is gonna be late pick which probably not gonna be very useful.
    Agreed on the pick, plus this year draft is going to be average. Which player would help the Spurs better than the way Derozan is playing right now? If the Spurs can resign him at no more than 27 millions a year, I think that it is better to keep him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs are 21-26, which puts them 2.5 games back from the playoffs and only 3.5 games from from top-10 lottery odds. League executives wonder if they’ll choose to break up their crowded roster. Older players like DeMar DeRozan and LaMarcus Aldridge are still effective but are blocking younger players from earning more minutes. Dejounte Murray isn’t available, but there are four other players I’d be targeting in trades. 4 hours ago – via Kevin O'Connor @ The Ringer

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs are 21-26, which puts them 2.5 games back from the playoffs and only 3.5 games from from top-10 lottery odds. League executives wonder if they’ll choose to break up their crowded roster. Older players like DeMar DeRozan and LaMarcus Aldridge are still effective but are blocking younger players from earning more minutes. Dejounte Murray isn’t available, but there are four other players I’d be targeting in trades. 4 hours ago – via Kevin O'Connor @ The Ringer
    They believe DJM has a higher ceiling that Walker and white?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They believe DJM has a higher ceiling that Walker and white?
    This feels like when they beefed up their talking on George Hill to raise his value for a trade.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They can and more than likely will work with his representation on finding a palatable resolution, which should be an extend and trade . . . let's hope they're not fooled by this latest stretch into being the suckers to give it to him.

Either way, I wouldn't worry about him leaving for nothing. The only teams with significant cap space are re-building ones, who he makes no sense for. Plus, by all accounts he has a good relationship with the organization, so there's no incentive for him to not do right by them, so long as he's also getting what he wants.

The Spurs are 21-26, which puts them 2.5 games back from the playoffs and only 3.5 games from from top-10 lottery odds. League executives wonder if they’ll choose to break up their crowded roster. Older players like DeMar DeRozan and LaMarcus Aldridge are still effective but are blocking younger players from earning more minutes.
    Dejounte Murray isn’t available,
    but there are four other players I’d be targeting in trades.
    4 hours ago
    – via
    Kevin O'Connor @ The Ringer

O'Connor is one of the better writers around, but this segment is the latest example of how clueless the national media is about this organization. The only trades they might make, are salary dumping Carroll and finding a stop gap PF solution (Belinelli and/or Lyles could be involved), possibly in a 3 team trade.

Mills is unavailable for sentimental/intangible reasons and why would any of the youth be available at the moment? They need to re-build and virtually all of it is more valuable to them than the league right now, because none possess the pedigree or are established enough to where they'd get enough back to make it worth their while.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can see a sign and trade with derozan in the offseason ...

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    no one should be untouchable. with that being said, now is not the best time to trade murray. he will be more valuable in the future.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lamarcus Aldridge was a fallback option in case Marc gasol ended up staying in Memphis.

Demar DeRozan is just a placeholder
    And yet the Spurs, seemingly, as well as some here, consider DD the franchise cornerstone now.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And yet the Spurs, seemingly, as well as some here, consider DD the franchise cornerstone now.
    This dude doesn't know what he's talking about Aldridge was the first priority back then I remember there being articles saying that the Spurs were planning to get him a year in advance.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the spurs commit to a full rebuild, it makes sense to sell high and DeRozan as the teams best player is the most valuable asset. Ideally you can move both DeRozan and Aldridge because it makes no sense to keep either one in that scenario.

I think regardless if pop stays or not, spurs prefer to keep one and in that case I prefer they keep DeRozan, emo chokes and all. Aldridge is clearly losing steps to father time which means it would be best to trade him before his value declines further. I don't think the spurs have a great market for Aldridge, it's a tough situation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This dude doesn't know what he's talking about Aldridge was the first priority back then I remember there being articles saying that the Spurs were planning to get him a year in advance.
    You don't. You really think Poop is going to essentially admit trading for DD was the wrong move by moving on from him? Not likely.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You don't. You really think Poop is going to essentially admit trading for DD was the wrong move by moving on from him? Not likely.
    I said nothing about DD I was saying that it was untrue that Gasol was the target over Aldridge. Everything written back then clearly stated Aldridge was the target from the start of that 14-15 season. agree with you 100% that I don't see Pop moving on from DD.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You are correct. When the Spurs delayed giving Kawhi his contract extension, by 8 months, it was so they'd have $ to make their best bid for Aldridge, when Aldridge reached free agency. They signed Aldridge on July 9, 2015, then finally gave Kawhi his extension on July 16.

Thread Information