Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Than how are you better than the hypocrites you criticize?
    I try not to have double standards. If a Democrat president has a problem, I will not make excuses for it.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Way to unite Democrats there....I sense an incoming Scotsman.

its time to lead

(i mean democrats)

why are they doing trumps work by attacking the biggest threat to trump?

this is what dems have to deal with- bernie has the movement that can turn into a blue tsunami-

IF they start helping him - instead of helping trump tear him down.

My opinion- my hope- my wish- my take;

stop being scared and stop trying to make the hopeful dem candidate play by ONE set of rules-

and then throw him into the trump pit handcuffed- while trump plays by zero rules

its not whataboutism- it is showing the criminal that they wont be allowed to commit crimes unpunished and if the rules are thrown out the window-

then they are out the window for the dem candidate also

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whether you think its an overreaction or not is irrelevant, unfortunately. A large portion of people, a very great many of whom are in a key state, are upset about this. Is Bernie doubling down a sign of good political judgment?
    literally answered it
    i dont have an issue with his comment, initially, and i dont think there was any good reason for the story to blow up.

but yeah, given that the story did blow up a bit, yeah, i think he could have responded more tactfully yesterday

even then, i think people are grossly overestimating the impact of these comments

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's going to happen over and over and over again now. Bernie is coming off like a wind-up communist apologist doll and no one around him is telling him he is ing up.
    and if dems are going to continue bringing it up to attack him they're just helping trump win tbh

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and if dems are going to continue bringing it up to attack him they're just helping trump win tbh
    Tough . Bernie needs to get it right. He's ing up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    4 more years of trump it is!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    literally answered it
    Ok, fair enough. Assuming you support Bernie getting the nom, does his poor judgment give you hope in defeating Trump?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are they not supposed to? What is the point of a primary then?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tough . Bernie needs to get it right. He's ing up.
    how is Bernie ing up? link?

kinda hard to keep with all the red-baiting and Dem establishment trashing Bernie.

I expect Bernie will go to the convention with most delegates,

but brokering will see the superdelegates defeat him for A Real neoliberal, "centrist" DNC-protecting Dem.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are they not supposed to? What is the point of a primary then?
    i was being somewhat tongue in cheek in responding to chump that way after his long and tired shtick of bernie and his bros costing hillary the election

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok, fair enough. Assuming you support Bernie getting the nom, does his poor judgment give you hope in defeating Trump?
    i do think he showed some poor judgment yesterday given that he knew there was some backlash following his 60 minutes interview. before the town hall, i said he should very well expect a question on it and try not to harp on it, redirect back to actual issues. instead he gave a speech about the literacy brigade and essentially repeated his 60 minutes response.

im not convinced that this is his waterloo, as its being characterized by some people who were already not big fans of his to begin with

i also dont think its part of a pattern where i can generally describe him as having poor judgment
    Last edited by spurraider21; 02-25-2020 at 06:05 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i dont think he showed some poor judgment yesterday given that he knew there was some backlash following his 60 minutes interview. before the town hall, i said he should very well expect a question on it and try not to harp on it, redirect back to actual issues. instead he gave a speech about the literacy brigade and essentially repeated his 60 minutes response.
    Wait, I don't understand. You pretty succinctly summarized why his townhall performance was a pretty clear example of bad judgment. But you're saying you don't think he showed poor judgment?

im not convinced that this is his waterloo, as its being characterized by some people who were already not big fans of his to begin with
    Fair. And I'm not saying it is his waterloo. I'm saying: this is a pretty good example of bad political judgment. And that makes me think that Trump is getting re-elected if Bernie gets the nom.

i also dont think its part of a pattern where i can generally describe him as having poor judgment
    I think you described how he doubled-down on a bad response pretty well. If others in his campaign think as you do, we're in for another long four years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wait, I don't understand. You pretty succinctly summarized why his townhall performance was a pretty clear example of bad judgment. But you're saying you don't think he showed poor judgment?
    typo tbh. i do think he showed some poor judgment yesterday

Fair. And I'm not saying it is his waterloo. I'm saying: this is a pretty good example of bad political judgment. And that makes me think that Trump is getting re-elected if Bernie gets the nom.

I think you described how he doubled-down on a bad response pretty well. If others in his campaign think as you do, we're in for another long four years.
    i still dont think his initial response was bad... he's been consistent with his principals. but after realizing that there was some (imho, manufactured) backlash to it, he should have taken the opportunity to improve his response accordingly, and elected not to

and tbh sounds like you do think it is his waterloo based on the bolded

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    typo tbh. i do think he showed some poor judgment yesterday

i still dont think his initial response was bad... he's been consistent with his principals. but after realizing that there was some (imho, manufactured) backlash to it, he should have taken the opportunity to improve his response accordingly, and elected not to
    word

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i acknowledge that some cuban voters in florida might have legitimate beef given the sensitivity with the subject, but i also think a lot of people are just clutching pearls because they already didnt like sanders

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll wait to see how he addresses it at the debate before I get too concerned.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll wait to see how he addresses it at the debate before I get too concerned.
    It's too late to correct the record so to speak. The comments are already baked in voters minds and on top of that everyone on stage tonight will heap on too.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's too late to correct the record so to speak. The comments are already baked in voters minds and on top of that everyone on stage tonight will heap on too.
    Baked into whose minds? If Bernie comes out with a strong unequivocal rejection of Fidel Castro and concedes that his previous praise of literacy efforts was not an endorsement of authoritarianism, I'm not convinced anyone who still holds it against him was going to vote for him in the first place. That goes for the Primary and the General.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    4 more years of trump it is!
    You realize you just asked for Democrats to go easy on Bernie because there is no way Republicans could be harder on him.

That's simply insane.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    how is Bernie ing up? link?

kinda hard to keep with all the red-baiting and Dem establishment trashing Bernie.
    The red-baiting and Bernie's biting on the red-baiting is what you missed.

You guys are in denial now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You realize you just asked for Democrats to go easy on Bernie because there is no way Republicans could be harder on him.

That's simply insane.
    i was being somewhat tongue in cheek in responding to chump that way after his long and tired shtick of bernie and his bros costing hillary the election

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Baked into whose minds? If Bernie comes out with a strong unequivocal rejection of Fidel Castro and concedes that his previous praise of literacy efforts was not an endorsement of authoritarianism, I'm not convinced anyone who still holds it against him was going to vote for him in the first place. That goes for the Primary and the General.
    The people who you know...ran for their lives from the Castro regime that now live in Florida? That's a permanent stain on Bernie that those people will not forget.

Would you say he hurt his chances there more than he helped?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Baked into whose minds? If Bernie comes out with a strong unequivocal rejection of Fidel Castro and concedes that his previous praise of literacy efforts was not an endorsement of authoritarianism
    Now I will agree that this would go a long ways but this is something he should've done last night as I pointed out watching his town hall.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I try not to have double standards. If a Democrat president has a problem, I will not make excuses for it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The red-baiting and Bernie's biting on the red-baiting is what you missed.

You guys are in denial now.
    what does all the slanderous red-baiting have to do with Bernie's actual policies? not a ing thing.

Thread Information