Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean after the Bulls went up 6 he single handedly brought them back. Carried them all game too. That doesn't count?

He's averaging 25+ on 55% shooting while shouldering most of the playmaking since LMA started shooting 3s. He's not the problem. He needs help.
    All true but he still can't be missing free throws like that.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What this team needs is more culture.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm afraid the next month is going to be pretty awful record wise. Things may be turning south for good this season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems like almost every game this season includes Spurs either completing a comeback from a big deficit or allowing a comeback from a big lead.
    Fools gold both ways, but just enough confirmation bias to make Pop feel okay trotting Bryn out the 30 mpg.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blessing in disguise with these losses. Spurs are nowhere near a playoff team. Forget the streak, this team doesn’t need to be rewarded for their roster construction. No one is untouchable imo.
    But you see that they look so good, and somehow Pop would pull it off as if deliberately... Pop can't be this dumb..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bull . Wasn't a bailout. Defender didn't give him room to come down. That's been a foul all year. If anything Lavine's foul call was more of a bailout. That whistle was late af.
    Lol No. I don’t think DeRozan was touched honestly and defender side stepped him, didnt go up underneath. Lavine was definitely hit and was aggressive going to the basket. Not fading away.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, DDR has been really great for a while now, but he was pretty bad to start the year and one of THE worst statistical clutch performers all year. His missed FT are a large reason why.

He’d done a little better in the clutch lately but he’s been really really bad there in general this year despite being a solid clutch player his entire career.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He was 14-17 for the game. That's 82%, and a good showing for pretty much anyone. The late ones count the same as the early ones.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm afraid the next month is going to be pretty awful record wise. Things may be turning south for good this season.
    The Spurs have the hardest strength of schedule the rest of the season. We will be last place in the West when everything is said and done, especially if Curry/Thompson come back at some point this season. Book it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forbes is a net asset maybe 20% of the time at best.

That guy simply does not deserve 26 minutes per game. Not good enough.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Memphis are playing their young guns, in the playoffs... if only Pop can get his head out of his ass and call up Keldon, Luca, Metu, and Eubanks permanently and send Forbes, Gay, Lyles, and Belinelli packing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was 14-17 for the game. That's 82%, and a good showing for pretty much anyone. The late ones count the same as the early ones.
    Eh...somewhat true. DDR has been a very solid FT shooter his entire career and even tonight. But late game misses aren’t weighted equally since there is less time to recover. Miss a FT early and you have plenty of time to adjust. Miss one late? Like we saw tonight it’s often the death blow.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs have the hardest strength of schedule the rest of the season. We will be last place in the West when everything is said and done, especially if Curry/Thompson come back at some point this season. Book it.
    GSW are tanking and will not make up 10 games with 36 games left. But third or fourth from the bottom seems very possible right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But you see that they look so good, and somehow Pop would pull it off as if deliberately... Pop can't be this dumb..
    Problem is they’re inconsistent and guys like Forms are giving too many minutes. Unlike Memphis who is playing better than their record looks and legit look like a team that is fighting hard to make the playoffs, the Spurs are playing like a team that hope they fall into a playoff spot instead of actually earning it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This group of players is incapable of making good decisions at the end of games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But Metu looked good out there, athletic and pretty nimble on closeouts. If he can consistently hit outside shots, he could take Lyles minutes, better defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forbes is a net asset maybe 20% of the time at best.

That guy simply does not deserve 26 minutes per game. Not good enough.
    That's the real problem. Followed by Lyles and Rudy (especially as of late) being a really weak PF rotation.

Who told Pop shooters have to be traffic cones on defense? Does he not know 3&D guys exist?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But Metu looked good out there, athletic and pretty nimble on closeouts. If he can consistently hit outside shots, he could take Lyles minutes, better defense.
    I thought the same, he just needs some discipline. That comes with more NBA minutes, which Pop is refusing to give him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would be more interested in watching the games if the young guys got a chance to play the season out. This team is on a death march right now that won't end well. It sucks but that is the truth.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He missed the last one and we lost by one. Finish what you started. If he's the leader of the team, he can't miss that free throw without taking any blame. That may sound harsh but we shouldn't expect him to miss a free throw that big. And like DPG points out, he's been having free throw issues all year in the 4th quarter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Problem is they’re inconsistent and guys like Forms are giving too many minutes. Unlike Memphis who is playing better than their record looks and legit look like a team that is fighting hard to make the playoffs, the Spurs are playing like a team that hope they fall into a playoff spot instead of actually earning it.
    I'm not even blaming the players. Granted Demar should've sunk those. Champs do. But Pop rotation is awful. Why put Forbes and pull Lonnie when you had the lead? Just to give it back again with no defense? It's as if Pop is toying with Spurs fans. He can't be this dumb..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Metu making mistakes on the job in the NBA would beat watching Trey Lyles coast out there. Of course the Spurs didn't want Trey Lyles on this team in the first place. He was a backup plan.

The front office will have to turn the page eventually. Perhaps March and April will signal the beginning of that after the playoffs become unrealistic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eh...somewhat true. DDR has been a very solid FT shooter his entire career and even tonight. But late game misses aren’t weighted equally since there is less time to recover. Miss a FT early and you have plenty of time to adjust. Miss one late? Like we saw tonight it’s often the death blow.

Sure. But you don't blame the loss on one missed FT at the end of a game. Especially when he's 14-16 to that point. The guy had played 35 hard minutes, carrying the team. It's just not fair to put that loss on him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure. But you don't blame the loss on one missed FT at the end of a game. Especially when he's 14-16 to that point. The guy had played 35 hard minutes, carrying the team. It's just not fair to put that loss on him.
    No I agree with that. It’s not on DeRozan. He played great. Was just making a general point about last minute gaffes vs earlier ones.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jakob needs to take more pride in his craft and fix that god awful free throw form. Can't coach Chip fix that crap? Isn't that his JOB?

Thread Information