My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just from watching some videos on him, he kinda reminds me of Caris Levert

Get Paycheck, Get Drunk HankChinaski's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My only real issue with getting Primo had to do with acquiring additional assets trading down a little bit for him.

But if it is true that he would have been gone before 19th pick and trading down wasn't a great option to acquire said player outside of the vacuum the choice to draft at 12 makes sense.

I like Primo as I stated before as well as Joe Weesie at 41.

The spurs this last year looked horrible with outside shooting and they definitely were aiming to address those needs in the draft.

Now to watch an wait through free agency for the spit takes as players being traded and signed to other teams besides the spurs as the fan base implodes with the same posters again for another year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now if we could only sign Markk for 2 years and call it a day. We need a spacing forward in the starting rotation if we play DJ, KJ, and Poeltl together. We also have to tank this year tbh so I don’t care about defense from Markk. Our goal should be to find out which of the old youth we keep as compared to the new youth. We draft our franchise guy next year, hope KJ evolves into a 2 guy. Hope Primo learns how to run our offense. Keep White as our starting SG and either sign DJ as our 6th man to play alongside Vassell or get rid of him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I 100% believe it if OKC was signaling they wanted the kid at 16. Honestly it’s a crap shoot after 10 anyway, though, man, that Sengun kid had such a unique skill set. I hope that one doesn’t come back to bite us in ass.
    precisely where I'm at.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude's a ing scrub and OP is a got.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We are not tanking....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thank you for laying that out.

I've BEEN in.

imagine staking your iden y on the idea that GREGG POPOVICH is a bumbling idiot. i feel bad for these mental prisoners.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh we are so tanking and your going to love it..

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We are not tanking....
    ...but not winning, either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thank you for laying that out.

I've BEEN in.

imagine staking your iden y on the idea that GREGG POPOVICH is a bumbling idiot. i feel bad for these mental prisoners.
    or worse, dedicating half your life being focused on being anti-everything with strangers online and using multiple usernames to do it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh we are so tanking and your going to love it..
    Lol

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now if we could only sign Markk for 2 years and call it a day. We need a spacing forward in the starting rotation if we play DJ, KJ, and Poeltl together. We also have to tank this year tbh so I don’t care about defense from Markk. Our goal should be to find out which of the old youth we keep as compared to the new youth. [i]We draft our franchise guy next year[i], hope KJ evolves into a 2 guy. Hope Primo learns how to run our offense. Keep White as our starting SG and either sign DJ as our 6th man to play alongside Vassell or get rid of him.
    The strategic problem here is this, right there. That's the hardest bit, the bottleneck.

Finding a actual franchise guy is hard, there is an average of less than 1 in any given draft... And it's not always something you can call. In 2013, the only actual franchise guy (Giannis) was picked at 15. In 2011, quitter at 15 again. In 2015 & 2016 nobody.

This draft was a F'up for us (IMO), because we passed up a shot at a guy who might be that franchise guy (Sengun). Primo may come good. But I don't see a realistic path for him ever being an MVP candidate...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The strategic problem here is this, right there. That's the hardest bit, the bottleneck.

Finding a actual franchise guy is hard, there is an average of less than 1 in any given draft... And it's not always something you can call. In 2013, the only actual franchise guy (Giannis) was picked at 15. In 2011, quitter at 15 again. In 2015 & 2016 nobody.

This draft was a F'up for us (IMO), because we passed up a shot at a guy who might be that franchise guy (Sengun). Primo may come good. But I don't see a realistic path for him ever being an MVP candidate...
    A couple of counterpoints:
    Being scared of failure doesn’t mean that it isn’t the correct path. If we trust PATFO in drafting, as most people do, then we should trust them to choose our next franchise player. Also the last 5 drafts have had clear #1 talent in it. It’s just a matter of player development. And maybe we get lucky and have a draft like last years that had 2 great players in it. Or Lukas year.

Also even if they aren’t a generational talent like Ayton, they can still be used as a good piece where we might become one veteran away from winning again. Let’s say Harden is available, like I think he will be in 3 years, and the Nets aren’t contenders and we blow them away with an offer for him. I know people hate Harden but he could be that vet that makes us special. But we can’t think about that until we properly set ourselves up for the future

Also if we do get our guy and KJ or Primo are clear 3rd and 4th options then we can trade the farm for a clear number 2 guy. Tanking just gives us a lot of possibilities

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Being scared of failure doesn’t mean that it isn’t the correct path. If we trust PATFO in drafting, as most people do, then we should trust them to choose our next franchise player. Also the last 5 drafts have had clear #1 talent in it. It’s just a matter of player development. And maybe we get lucky and have a draft like last years that had 2 great players in it. Or Lukas year.

Also even if they aren’t a generational talent like Ayton, they can still be used as a good piece where we might become one veteran away from winning again. Let’s say Harden is available, like I think he will be in 3 years, and the Nets aren’t contenders and we blow them away with an offer for him. I know people hate Harden but he could be that vet that makes us special. But we can’t think about that until we properly set ourselves up for the future

Also if we do get our guy and KJ or Primo are clear 3rd and 4th options then we can trade the farm for a clear number 2 guy. Tanking just gives us a lot of possibilities
    Why do you think these are counterpoints. None of that changes if we draft Sengun over Primo...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do you think these are counterpoints. None of that changes if we draft Sengun over Primo...
    Oh I wanted Sengun as well. I made that clear in the draft and predraft threads. I’m just saying that we have Primo now, no sense looking back and we can only look forward.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh I wanted Sengun as well. I made that clear in the draft and predraft threads. I’m just saying that we have Primo now, no sense looking back and we can only look forward.
    this guy here is a mature adult

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs Draft Pick Life Cycle

1. OMG! WTF! That was a terrible pick. Pop and all his minions need to be fired. There were so many better players on the board!
    2. Hmmm ... you know what, I actually kinda like the pick! <---- You Are Here
    3. I can't believe Pop isn't playing the pick! Pop is ruining the best young player on the roster! Like I said from the beginning, this pick is a special player.
    4. Wow. This player is so much better than everyone else in the rotation he's competing against.
    5. I'm so glad the Spurs drafted the player I wanted.
    6. Eh, he's pretty good but the new youngsters deserve his minutes now.
    7. OMG! WTF! Why won't Pop stop playing his pets? This guy sucks and always sucked. I don't even know why the Spurs drafted him.
    You just straight up made some of this up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

1. OMG! WTF! That was a terrible pick. Pop and all his minions need to be fired. There were so many better players on the board!
    3. I can't believe Pop isn't playing the pick! Pop is ruining the best young player on the roster! Like I said from the beginning, this pick is a special player.
    4. Wow. This player is so much better than everyone else in the rotation he's competing against.
    7. OMG! WTF! Why won't Pop stop playing his pets? This guy sucks and always sucked. I don't even know why the Spurs drafted him.

That's pretty damn on-point. Now, lets get Luka Sandwich the off this roster & hope free-agency brings more immediate impact.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

wow you definitely get a brown star for this take

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That's pretty damn on-point. Now, lets get Luka Sandwich the off this roster & hope free-agency brings more immediate impact.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    or worse, dedicating half your life being focused on being anti-everything with strangers online and using multiple usernames to do it.
    haha i'm just one person, you flatter me though!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't get why the galaxy brain choads are saying that timvp whine-fest is on point? None of that ever happens!

But oh well, you love licking that dude's taint. Go ahead. The guy is wrong as anyone else here. Dude was crying when Poeltl received his last contract, which was instantly a bargain. And this was just him ting the carpet and now everyone's dancing around it pretending it's manna.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

hilarious.

Not very accurate, but funny. You also forgot the "It's been 4 years and this guy is a bust, why is this guys still in the roster?", with all the newb/fabbs variations like "Pop shoulda traded this scrub on a rookie deal for Giannis when his stock was high after having two double-digit back to back games!111!!!!"

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Harden will be done in 3 years. He will be 35 by then and I don't see him having Lebron like longevity since he doesn't keep himself in shape.

Thread Information