My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    1. You know where you got the stupid child eating information from and where it came from. Dont be disingenuous because I might have spelled it incorrectly. Thats BS.

2. Your are dead wrong. fk your RTC trials it works from actually application of worldwide data we have on real people in the real world. The CORRELATION is undeniable. You are a liar.

3. NO but YOUR got to child eating site did. Do you disavow this site since you have proven to absolutely and utterly WRONG.

4. Yeah, yeah. Continue your disingenuous Bull .
    RTC trials bad now

You want worldwide data we have on real people in the real world?

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These Florida numbers aren't good enough.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Statistics say kids are safe. Statistic says grandmas are vaxed. No.need to mask the toddlers
    If it does not hurt toddlers AND prevents them from being spreaders, vaccinate them.
    Have you heard that parents pick their kids up from child care facilities and they ride home in a car.
    Kids are already snot nosed and carry so many infections they give to their parents;
    so really?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If it does not hurt toddlers AND prevents them from being spreaders, vaccinate them.
    Have you heard that parents pick their kids up from child care facilities and they ride home in a car.
    Kids are already snot nosed and carry so many infections they give to their parents;
    so really?
    https://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireSt...2012%3A17%20PM

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RTC trials bad now

You want worldwide data we have on real people in the real world?

Mask ABSOLUTELY make a difference, especially for short exposure times.
    The numbers in this country say otherwise. You find me any epidemiologist who works with mask data in this country, and is not one of your weird ass gadflys, who says masks are useless. THEY ABSOLUTELY work and the physical mechanism on how they work makes perfect sense. The virus is not shed as single particles. WE get infected by airborne particles with Millions of viral particles that are in water droplets of a size that most masks absolutely DO block.
    If you live with a family member, you put them in another room. If you are with a family member actively shedding virus and have to be in close contact over a long period of time, for much of the day, the mask becomes MUCH less effective. WE see this correlation in the statistics.
    YOU are flat out wrong.

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Remember when conservatives and Q s were experts on viral mutations and laboratory technical terms God bless our Fauci

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Remember when conservatives and Q s were experts on viral mutations and laboratory technical terms God bless our Fauci
    Its just not that hard imo.
    Masks do become less effective as exposure to a person giving off virus laden water droplets increases.
    And there are clearly masks that are much less effective.

He needs to go into a hospital treating Covid patients and tell all the health care workers to take the masks off, look at my data. Like this has not been studied.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Masks do become less effective as exposure to a person giving off virus laden water droplets increases.

He needs to go into a hospital treating Covid patients and tell all the health care workers to take the masks off, look at my data. Like this has not been studied.
    When one of his kids gets his/her appendix out, TSA will insist no one in the OR wear a mask.

He'll have those tweets for proof!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You go Boris.
    They have already experienced problems even getting two vaccinations into the older adult population. So this is absolutely unsurprising. We have vaccinated younger people and it has again miraculously worked. This is a contest to see how long to wait for more complete data. People have had these arguments all the time. We did this vaccine in record time that made a lot of people nervous. It worked on people that decided to take it. It is safe and effective. We saw a huge drop in cases until the variant arose and ran rampant through the unvacc. population.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How many breakthrough infections, Darrin?

~165,000,000 fully vaccinated in the US.

How many have spread COVID?

Let's discuss if you're not afraid of the numbers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I saw those threads earlier. I'm sure the Honest Brokers saw them too; their decision to shut the up about data must be due to some condition to be named later.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    The numbers in this country say otherwise. You find me any epidemiologist who works with mask data in this country, and is not one of your weird ass gadflys, who says masks are useless. THEY ABSOLUTELY work and the physical mechanism on how they work makes perfect sense. The virus is not shed as single particles. WE get infected by airborne particles with Millions of viral particles that are in water droplets of a size that most masks absolutely DO block.
    If you live with a family member, you put them in another room. If you are with a family member actively shedding virus and have to be in close contact over a long period of time, for much of the day, the mask becomes MUCH less effective. WE see this correlation in the statistics.
    YOU are flat out wrong.
    You keep saying we see this correlation in the statistics and yet you continue avoid posting anything backing up your claims. You were just given countries with the highest mask compliance rates in the world and...no comment.

Capitalizing something doesn't prove anything. You need to start providing all of these statistics you keep clamoring about, and while you are digging those up find me an RCT as well.

I'll start with an RCT

https://www.acpjournals.org/doi/10.7326/m20-6817

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    YOU are flat out wrong.
    OSHA requires healthcare workers who are expected to perform patient activities with those suspected or confirmed to be infected with COVID-19 to wear respiratory protection, such as an N95 respirator. N95 respirator refers to an N95 filtering facepiece respirator (FFR) that seals to the face and uses a filter to remove at least 95% of airborne particles from the user’s breathing air. NIOSH also approves other FFRs that are as, or more, protective as the N95, including the N99, N100, P95, P100, R95, and R100. It is important to note that surgical masks, sometimes referred to as facemasks, are different than respirators and are not designed nor approved to provide protection against airborne particles. Surgical masks are designed to provide barrier protection against droplets, however they are not regulated for particulate filtration efficiency and they do not form an adequate seal to the wearer’s face to be relied upon for respiratory protection. Without an adequate seal, air and small particles leak around the edges of the respirator and into the wearer’s breathing zone.

https://blogs.cdc.gov/niosh-science-...-preparedness/

Here is where you'll pretend you were talking about properly fitted N95 respirators the entire time

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TSA falls into the "all or nothing" trap. Since a virus particle itself can pass through a cloth mask, masks do absolutely nothing and must never be worn!

Mask wearing is PART of an overall mitigation strategy, and not the most important one -- just the one he can politicize the most.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count

Hospital workers aren't wearing the same masks that the majority of the general public are.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You keep saying we see this correlation in the statistics and yet you continue avoid posting anything backing up your claims. You were just given countries with the highest mask compliance rates in the world and...no comment.

Capitalizing something doesn't prove anything. You need to start providing all of these statistics you keep clamoring about, and while you are digging those up find me an RCT as well.

I'll start with an RCT

Great.
    They say uncertain. OBSERVATIONAL evidence. But the correlation is absolutely spot on with what I have stated and what other epidemiologist CONTINUE to say.
    The increases you see have been correlated with mask wearing from your other graphs when it is running rampant through unvaccinated. Also pure BS. Put the implementation of masks before the variant and forget about the rest of the picture.
    So because we have a more infectious strain which clearly is why we get the uptick, masks dont WORK. Take ridiculously specious uncontrolled numbers and just plot only two things, implementation of masks, and cases.

Yeah this is huge news with the following:
    AT least they are honest in one article (a weak study) unlike you.
    Yes, so clearly masks dont work... Bull .

Inconclusive results, missing data, variable adherence, patient-reported findings on home tests, no blinding, and no assessment of whether masks could decrease disease transmission from mask wearers to others.

Yeah masks dont work.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hospital workers aren't wearing the same masks that the majority of the general public are.
    When they open bodies up in ORs they are using surgical masks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh yeah?
    Of course they dont. If They are right in the middle of a bunch of patients giving off virus DURING their work. This is where people like you, the public, can be smart. What kind of mask would you wear on a 2 hour plane flight. Im going with my N 95 from South Korea. What are you going to wear outside? Me absolutely nothing biking, swimming or running. Nothing if I walk the dog. What are you going to wear during heavy hours at HEB? N95 for me. No longer the surgical basic surgical mask.

Think for gods sake...

BTW.
    Your OBGYN take. My wife just went in. Her OBGYN asked first thing if she wears a mask in public places indoors (Of course they required masks to even get in the office) and vaccinated. My wife says yes to both. The OBGYN opens up and says she has had a patient who was pregnant and caught the virus because a no masker and no vaccer. She had her child. THE CHILD of two weeks all at home has COVID. She told my wife straight out. This is in SAN ANTONIO. So guess what... What I told you about even regular docs... some are as weird as the gadfly groups you get your info from online. They are supposed to understand virology and keep up with this stuff. Do they all? Its clear the answer is no. You brought up the anecdote so I now counter that with my wife.

You really do enjoy being the gadfly just like derp.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    TSA falls into the "all or nothing" trap. Since a virus particle itself can pass through a cloth mask, masks do absolutely nothing and must never be worn!

Mask wearing is PART of an overall mitigation strategy, and not the most important one -- just the one he can politicize the most.
    ...you went first on the politicization, Dumps. You've nobody to blame but yourselves.

Your regrets are your own.

I've no sympathy for you.

231k of dead Americans are now on mother er Biden's side of the COVID Death Ledger.

Let us proceed...

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Great.
    They say uncertain. OBSERVATIONAL evidence. But the correlation is absolutely spot on with what I have stated and what other epidemiologist CONTINUE to say.
    The increases you see have been correlated with mask wearing from your other graphs when it is running rampant through unvaccinated. Also pure BS. Put the implementation of masks before the variant and forget about the rest of the picture.
    So because we have a more infectious strain which clearly is why we get the uptick, masks dont WORK. Take ridiculously specious uncontrolled numbers and just plot only two things, implementation of masks, and cases.

Yeah this is huge news with the following:
    AT least they are honest in one article (a weak study) unlike you.
    Yes, so clearly masks dont work... Bull .

Inconclusive results, missing data, variable adherence, patient-reported findings on home tests, no blinding, and no assessment of whether masks could decrease disease transmission from mask wearers to others.

Yeah masks dont work.
    Still waiting for you to post an RCT showing how well masks work.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I'll start with an RCT

In your own words, what does that study mean?

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Oh yeah?
    Of course they dont. If They are right in the middle of a bunch of patients giving off virus DURING their work. This is where people like you, the public, can be smart. What kind of mask would you wear on a 2 hour plane flight. Im going with my N 95 from South Korea. What are you going to wear outside? Me absolutely nothing biking, swimming or running. Nothing if I walk the dog. What are you going to wear during heavy hours at HEB? N95 for me. No longer the surgical basic surgical mask.

Think for gods sake...
    So you don't wear a surgical mask either because you know they are worthless against airborne Covid particles

What percentage of the general population is wearing properly fitted N95 respirators? What percentage of the general population are wearing surgical masks, neck gators, cloth masks?

BTW.
    Your OBGYN take. My wife just went in. Her OBGYN asked first thing if she wears a mask in public places indoors (Of course they required masks to even get in the office) and vaccinated. My wife says yes to both. The OBGYN opens up and says she has had a patient who was pregnant and caught the virus because a no masker and no vaccer. She had her child. THE CHILD of two weeks all at home has COVID. She told my wife straight out. This is in SAN ANTONIO. So guess what... What I told you about even regular docs... some are as weird as the gadfly groups you get your info from online. They are supposed to understand virology and keep up with this stuff. Do they all? Its clear the answer is no. You brought up the anecdote so I now counter that with my wife.

You really do enjoy being the gadfly just like derp.
    Is your wife pregnant? If not I have no clue why you bothered with that word salad of an anecdote.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TSA is thinking general mask use is to keep virus particles OUT?

After a year and a half?

Stick with your Satan research.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still waiting for you to post an RCT showing how well masks work.
    https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33087517/

One, and the first thing that popped up out of several results. Very controlled environment.

All the studies you are posting are ill designed to answer the question "are masks of various sorts, and cloth masks specifically effective at reducing transmission of COVID-19".

They do speak to whether mask mandates are effective as masks are employed or not in any given area.

Seems like the way they are employed widely does not do much to wider rates, but avoided cases is hard to tease out of the data.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you don't wear a surgical mask either because you know they are worthless against airborne Covid particles
    Surgical masks are absolutely effective at preventing airborne virus spreading. Every study I have been thumbing through has that as a given in the language.

It all boils down to this:

Cloth masks have been used in healthcare and community settings to protect the wearer from respiratory infections. The use of cloth masks during the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic is under debate. The filtration effectiveness of cloth masks is generally lower than that of medical masks and respirators; however, cloth masks may provide some protection if well designed and used correctly. Multilayer cloth masks, designed to fit around the face and made of water-resistant fabric with a high number of threads and finer weave, may provide reasonable protection. Until a cloth mask design is proven to be equally effective as a medical or N95 mask, wearing cloth masks should not be mandated for healthcare workers. In community settings, however, cloth masks may be used to prevent community spread of infections by sick or asymptomatically infected persons, and the public should be educated about their correct use.
    https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/26/10/20-0948_article

They all state that medical masks are more effective than cloth masks.

Hard to make that claim if they are "worthless", it would seem.

Thread Information