Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great now Manu played against scrubs all the time.

Barkley screaming GINOBILIII because he likes a bench guy playing against other bench guys.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    one issue with manu is his minutes had to be restricted to be effective
    a regular starter is worth more because of that fact
    I am glad spurs have BOTH
    no you are not

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Manu never averaged more than 22 in a playoff series in his career. But I'm sure he would put up 35, lol.
    Manu was playing 2-on-1 in the 2005 Finals & fared better than scoring machine Kirby against the Pistons.

Meanwhile, Gilbert Arenas used to torch the Cavs:

Last edited by Kawhitstorm; 07-22-2016 at 03:32 PM.

Tim Duncan is the GoAT Ginobili3's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu, better shooter and passer, much stronger too. Top 10 shooting guard ever too

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    stats say tp better shooter
    manu might be stronger

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People (Manu fans) seem to really underrate TP when talking about Manu.

TP's durability along with some of the most efficient scoring in the history of the league for a PG was ridiculously good. Manu was great too, but they are a lot closer than people give credit for - for various reasons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because '08-'09 wasn't a "run", it was a single series against Dallas where the Spurs lost in the 1st round, largely because Manu was injured (only playoffs Manu missed in his career IIRC).

So that was a playoff series (again, not run), where Tony tried to take over. It's unfortunate, though not unexpected, that he couldn't get us over the hump that time either.

But I mean, 2012-2013 was clearly his best playoff run overall. Applies the same to Manu with 04-05: he didn't have peak numbers in every category then, but on the overall, that was his best playoff run.

BTW, you can argue about the stats or the numbers, but they're calculated for everyone the same... I mean, after all, when posting stats, everybody is more or less picking and choosing...

EDIT: Forgot to mention the bit about USG%.... that's really more influenced by the coach than the player. I'm sure Manu wanted to play more and have a larger role, but ultimately that decision always rests with Pop...
    Just FYI, Manu & TP's career usage rate is almost identical..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just FYI, Manu & TP's career usage rate is almost identical..
    somebody else brought up USG% trying to make a point that during a certain season TP's was higher... that's what I was responding to.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

TP's durability along with some of the most efficient scoring in the history of the league for a PG was ridiculously good. Manu was great too, but they are a lot closer than people give credit for - for various reasons.
    They are not even close for various reasons, Manu won outside Spurs and has a much more complete game than TP, how a guy that developed a 3 point shot at age 33 can be on the same page than Manu?

Getting bailed by Kerr Claxton, every last game of our championship runs had bad games and he is already gassed while Manu was great at 37 years old could keep up an awesome level.

Nobody needs to underrate him those are facts, TP fans try to diminish Manu to make TP look better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

All these threads make little sense, tbh... we should be thankful we have both of em

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They are not even close for various reasons, Manu won outside Spurs and has a much more complete game than TP, how a guy that developed a 3 point shot at age 33 can be on the same page than Manu?

Getting bailed by Kerr Claxton, every last game of our championship runs had bad games and he is already gassed while Manu was great at 37 years old could keep up an awesome level.

Nobody needs to underrate him those are facts, TP fans try to diminish Manu to make TP look better.
    Sure, but look at Manu fan in this thread. TP has been an elite player for a long time and more durable as well. I think Manu was a better overall player, but TP is elite and Manu fan act like he's been some borderline player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All these threads make little sense, tbh... we should be thankful we have both of em

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure, but look at Manu fan in this thread. TP has been an elite player for a long time and more durable as well. I think Manu was a better overall player, but TP is elite and Manu fan act like he's been some borderline player.
    I wouldnt say he was not elite but he was lucky to accomplish big things because he played with TD and Manu, not the other way around.

TD- Best PF ever
    Manu- 3rd at most 3 pointers made in playoff history sure Curry will break Gay Ray record in 2 seasons but thats all the game he has, a 3 pointer, a layup and the alley/backdoor pass.

Manu... last postseason, he passed Michael Jordan for 11th all-time in postseason wins (120). The Argentina native is one of only nine players in NBA postseason history (Kobe Bryant, Scottie Pippen, Magic Johnson, Michael Jordan, Larry Bird, LeBron James, Clyde Drexler and Dwyane Wade) with at least 2,500 points (2,903), 800 rebounds (820), 700 assists (772) and 250 steals (269) in the playoffs. Of the 197 postseason games he’s appeared in, Ginobili has come off the bench 145 times and scored 1,878 points in those appearances, the most of any reserve in NBA history.

Thats pretty elite, IMHO.

PRESSURE MAKES DIAMONDS
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its a shame how Parker cherry picked the Finals MVP from TD in 07' exploiting his matchup vs. a D-Leaguer and stat padding. It's a shame how people think Parker was the best player that run just because he got Finals MVP. Duncan was by far the best player and was the MVP of the Suns series (which was essentially the Finals that year).

Still bugs me he got it that year. Should have been TD.
    This.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can check here:
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/about/glossary.html

But basically from what I posted:
    - TS%: True Shooting Percentage; the formula is PTS / (2 * TSA). True shooting percentage is a measure of shooting efficiency that takes into account field goals, 3-point field goals, and free throws.

- WS: Win Shares; an estimate of the number of wins contributed by a player. Please see the article Calculating Win Shares for more information.

- VORP: Value Over Replacement Player (available since the 1973-74 season in the NBA); a box score estimate of the points per 100 TEAM possessions that a player contributed above a replacement-level (-2.0) player, translated to an average team and prorated to an 82-game season. Multiply by 2.70 to convert to wins over replacement. Please see the article About Box Plus/Minus (BPM) for more information.
    Many thanks!

PRESSURE MAKES DIAMONDS
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pure scoring? Parker. In his prime when he had his speed he was an excellent scorer and never missed around the basket.

But if we mean pure offensive impact, than it's Manu easily. He impacted the offensive side of the ball for more than just scoring. The team transformed when prime Manu was on the court. He made scrub big men look good.
    this

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Prime Manu, leading ARG to that olympic gold medal over Pop, Tim and a stacked Team USA, then coming back and beasting in 2005 to get us #3... damn, the dude was dominant then, and he got it done with different teams, in the biggest stages...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

This is it......

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    (Tip of the hat to you)

That's an awesome way to put it lol... to wield chaos against order.

It reminds me of why Paquaio was so dangerous when he only knew how to throw his left hand and flurry.

He was like a wild beast fighting.

The more he became skilled and domesticated.. he lost that edge, where he would throw and attack from angles you aren't supposed to.
    ------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the appreciation man! Mabuhay (Long live)!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Optically, the greatness of Manu in full display:

by god, he was UNSTOPPABLE in his prime!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And also:

I think a prime Manu could beat the out of the ing Warriors, probably dismantle them so badly that Mrs Curry will protest! haha

Because he could destroy them both offensively and defensively!

In contrast, prime Tony could trade baskets with peak Curry, and we all know who would win that singular battle.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And also:

I think a prime Manu could beat the out of the ing Warriors, probably dismantle them so badly that Mrs Curry will protest! haha

Because he could destroy them both offensively and defensively!

In contrast, prime Tony could trade baskets with peak Curry, and we all know who would win that singular battle.
    Lol, comparing Tony to Curry is like comparing Manu to Kobe...and we all know who won those battles.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol, comparing Tony to Curry is like comparing Manu to Kobe...and we all know who won those battles.
    You want Manu to trade baskets with the biggest chucker of all time and you think he would lose? Manu made a mid court shot with a broken arm, has Kobe made something like that?

Kobe was a flashy player but lacked the court vision Manu has, Manu first objective is to win, if Manu first objective was scoring Kobe would be crying in a corner.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol Kobe ass was shaking, so much frustration...

Thread Information